• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've seen this question a few places, never really gotten the answer.
I am the twelth biggest nation in the world, but still I can't get and liqour needed to produce for example artillery? Even though I produce it.

If it is Liquor, I assume you don't have AHD and are just running Vanilla. I am sure you have heard this before but you really need A House Divided. It isn't just an expansion it is a MAJOR patch. In Vanilla pops purchase before the Government and they often drink all your liquor. In AHD the government purchases before pops. This has advantages and draw backs but in general this is good thing. I also believe that they tinkered with pop demands, especially liquor. If you don't get AHD get the PDM MOD for vanilla that will help too.

If it is Liquor, I assume you don't have AHD and are just running Vanilla. I am sure you have heard this before but you really need A House Divided. It isn't just an expansion it is a MAJOR patch. In Vanilla pops purchase before the Government and they often drink all your liquor. In AHD the government purchases before pops. This has advantages and draw backs but in general this is good thing. I also believe that they tinkered with pop demands, especially liquor. If you don't get AHD get the PDM MOD for vanilla that will help too.

It changed in 1.4 (which beats AHD for peaceful play, but you have to have AHD if you want to do any 20th century wars)

You need total score (if you are ranked 60th in prestige and 1st in total score you get to buy first) to buy off the world market, but for liquor its much better to make a lot yourself because the AI underproduces it so it tends to be overpriced and hence profitable.

It changed in 1.4 (which beats AHD for peaceful play, but you have to have AHD if you want to do any 20th century wars)

You need total score (if you are ranked 60th in prestige and 1st in total score you get to buy first) to buy off the world market, but for liquor its much better to make a lot yourself because the AI underproduces it so it tends to be overpriced and hence profitable.

Ah, I thought the change was in AHD not 1.4, my bad.

Righto, how does one deal with Reactionary rebellions? im playing an Ethiopian game and my entire nation is pretty much now supporting the Reactionaries including any Military units i may build...

Does it matter where Capis build factories?

Does it matter where Capis build factories?

-If I NF a type of industry (say fuel) in a province RGO-ing OIL, are they more likely to build, or can they build the FUEL factory anywhere regardless of whats in the province.

-If they can build anywhere what are the best criteria for building a factory in a certain location? I'm guessing

-high population
-low revolt risk
-good infastructure
-good liferating

anything else?

Why are some of my RGOs empty? There are unemployed farmers/labourers sitting there doing nothing, because the RGO unemployment is 100%. If they're not going to promote/demote to some other profession, shouldn't they be working on the RGO?

I wonder what i shall take notes on when i am selecting regions to build facterys in.
what benefits are the by having a factory in the same region as it's input are produced?

None, except for a few factories which have to be built on-site. Transport costs are not taken into account, so for the rest choose states with high population and best infrastructure/potential infrastructure (i.e. you won't get the max. railroad level in mountainous states).

Why are some of my RGOs empty? There are unemployed farmers/labourers sitting there doing nothing, because the RGO unemployment is 100%. If they're not going to promote/demote to some other profession, shouldn't they be working on the RGO?
The market is saturated with whatever good the RGO produces. They have become redundant. Increasing the efficiency tech might put them back to work (making redundant someone else in another nations RGOs) or, if you can, build a factory, because while you can subsidize factories, you can't subsidize RGOs.

Is it good idea to have only cavalry units? What should they be composed of?

Pure cav units are awesome at occupying territory or for places where you've got a lot of space (eastern Russia, Sub-Saharan Africa). It's not a bad idea to add a couple of brigades to infantry armies too, to allow for the possibility of flanking.

As far as how many to put together, the more the better. They hopefully won't get into actual combat much, but even if they do, it should mostly be against rebels, so the combat width isn't important.

Hi guys, first of all I am a huge Victoria 2 noob.

Since in Victoria there is no country I can not hate more than Great Britain, I decided to take the best candidate to burn that damn island to the ground: France. I'm not an experimented player but I've understood that with rougly 200 Man-o-war and 80 transports I can bring my Frenchies across the channel in order to learn how to make some good food to the brits. It worked, actually it worked so well that I rinced and repeat quite a bit.
So now, we have a huge noob: me, controlling France, not the France you know, but Great France: Belgium, Netherlands (+all their former colonies), Prussian Reinland, Piedmont-Sardinia and the northern half of Spain are painted in blue.

And I have a mighty 47 infamy. All of this for one question:

In EU3 there is a lot of things that can make you loose infamy faster, or even better gain free CB vs your neighbors. Is there something similar in Vicky 2 ?

Hi guys, first of all I am a huge Victoria 2 noob.

Since in Victoria there is no country I can not hate more than Great Britain, I decided to take the best candidate to burn that damn island to the ground: France. I'm not an experimented player but I've understood that with rougly 200 Man-o-war and 80 transports I can bring my Frenchies across the channel in order to learn how to make some good food to the brits. It worked, actually it worked so well that I rinced and repeat quite a bit.
So now, we have a huge noob: me, controlling France, not the France you know, but Great France: Belgium, Netherlands (+all their former colonies), Prussian Reinland, Piedmont-Sardinia and the northern half of Spain are painted in blue.

And I have a mighty 47 infamy. All of this for one question:

In EU3 there is a lot of things that can make you loose infamy faster, or even better gain free CB vs your neighbors. Is there something similar in Vicky 2 ?

Not on any grand scale. You might get an extra freebie state or two a game by forcing relations low with neighours but thats it.

You might as well accept that you are dishonorable scum and keep on stomping. If you haven't already been contained for it, you never will be.

How can I make my country stop exporting coal?

A lot of my factories are closed and it seems it's because they don't have coal, even though it's produced in my country in amounts about half of what's needed by the industries and POPs. Looking at the Production screen it seems that all the coal being produced in-country is being exported... How do you stop this? The Trade slider is already on maximum set to buy (2000) and it says "3677.17 available for your country" but I'm not sure if we're actually buying any. The coal stockpile says 0. I'm 3rd in Prestige.

Last edited:
How can I make my country stop exporting coal?

A lot of my factories are closed and it seems it's because they don't have coal, even though it's produced in my country in amounts about half of what's needed by the industries and POPs. Looking at the Production screen it seems that all the coal being produced in-country is being exported... How do you stop this? The Trade slider is already on maximum set to buy (2000) and it says "3677.17 available for your country" but I'm not sure if we're actually buying any. The coal stockpile says 0. I'm 3rd in Prestige.

I'm interesting into this too, as France I am the leading world producer of Coal but Coal is still my number 1 importation. And my industries only need half of what I produce