• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What if I open peace negotiations and find that a couple of my allies have added their own war goals? If I blank my allies' wargoals out and negotiate peace for only my own wargoal, do I still lose prestige & gain infamy & militancy?

Regarding V2 vanilla with old vic dlc
From Victoria 2 tech support -- read this first! Patches, localisations, and solutions

If you're using Steam and Old Vic with all fixes (unitpanel_fix.zip, old vic patch for 1.3.rar, 1.4 patch.rar, old vic fix 1.4.7z)

unitpanel_fix.zip does any one know where i can get this file ?

Hey, I'm still Oldenburg. Anyways, I think it's around 1880 and a pop-up popped up that said something about an embassy in London, and I just clicked it by instinct, but now I am really curious what it said. Is it something about the Congo conference, and how it affects me? (I am colonizing Africa too).
Would apriciate if anyone knew what pop-up it was.

Edit: Checked log, and it said something like: "I think it would be best if nothing came of this.."
Any idea?

I'm a little confused about armors. They are front row in combat despite the artillery classification right?.

Correct. If a military unit doesn't have a Support value, it has to go in the front row.

No way. However, if you improve the speed of your justification, you would get fewer infamy from the same chance.

How do you improve the speed of it? I have no clue how it works, I just don't want to get hit with Infamy for nothing. If there's a high chance my attempt will fail, I'd rather just declare war, win, and get something in return for the Infamy. So I don't know if there's some way to determine your what your chances are so you can make the call whether to attempt it or not.

How do you improve the speed of it? I have no clue how it works, I just don't want to get hit with Infamy for nothing. If there's a high chance my attempt will fail, I'd rather just declare war, win, and get something in return for the Infamy. So I don't know if there's some way to determine your what your chances are so you can make the call whether to attempt it or not.
Countries with Pro-military and Jingoistic governments will produce CB faster as far as I know.

Is there a consensus on tariffs? Are they good or bad?

Experimenting with them, I had them on max, then I noticed most of my factories were bankrupt. So I put them to -25 and reopened the factories one by one. Most of them became profitable. I went back to the game... a couple of years later I checked on the factories and they were all bankrupt again. So I have now raised tariffs to +35 and guess what, they're profitable. So I'm not sure what the strategy should be with tariffs, or if they are WAD or not.

Last edited:
I usually leave them alone, unless I'm an unciv anyway and really need the money.

Then I checked them again, and they were all bankrupt and closed. There are tens of thousands of unemployed craftsmen all over the place, but often they won't go to work in the empty slots in the factories. As for the full factories, they make money one month, but the next month they're bankrupt. A level 10 steel factory making hundreds of £ a day will be losing hundreds of £ the next month, and shut down. I wanted to see what I was doing wrong, so I looked in the foreign investment screen at other countries and guess what, all their factories are doing the same thing. Most of them are bankrupt. Countries that should be heavily industrialized like Bavaria and Belgium have no factories, or maybe a couple of them and they're closed. It's not me, something is wrong with the economic model in this version of the game (AHD 2.31)

Then I checked them again, and they were all bankrupt and closed. There are tens of thousands of unemployed craftsmen all over the place, but often they won't go to work in the empty slots in the factories. As for the full factories, they make money one month, but the next month they're bankrupt. A level 10 steel factory making hundreds of £ a day will be losing hundreds of £ the next month, and shut down. I wanted to see what I was doing wrong, so I looked in the foreign investment screen at other countries and guess what, all their factories are doing the same thing. Most of them are bankrupt. Countries that should be heavily industrialized like Bavaria and Belgium have no factories, or maybe a couple of them and they're closed. It's not me, something is wrong with the economic model in this version of the game (AHD 2.31)

Countries without substantial overseas holdings, colonies and occupied territory, always suffer industrially when sphered. It seems the only industries able to survive this is oil, refineries, automobiles, electric gear, telephones (for awhile), airplanes and luxury clothing. Industrial scores become more and more exaggerated as the game goes on I find. Belgium, usually sphered by France, will have to compete with their industries, which tends to be 2nd or 3rd globally.

Countries without substantial overseas holdings, colonies and occupied territory, always suffer industrially when sphered. It seems the only industries able to survive this is oil, refineries, automobiles, electric gear, telephones (for awhile), airplanes and luxury clothing. Industrial scores become more and more exaggerated as the game goes on I find. Belgium, usually sphered by France, will have to compete with their industries, which tends to be 2nd or 3rd globally.

Yes, the factories building the more modern goods are profitable in most of the 2nd-tier countries I looked at. Everything else is pretty much bankrupt or losing money, and these countries are using a lot of subsidies. I didn't check the other GPs because if there's a way to see their factories, I don't know where it is.

Anyway it appears that whether you have high tariffs or low tariffs, it doesn't make a difference. Your factories are going to lose money and go bankrupt unless they're making fuel, cars, electric gear, etc. Even when you're a GP with several countries in your sphere. And there's nothing you can do about it. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be. It isn't like that in vanilla. Of course, it was too easy to make money from the first year of the game in vanilla, now it looks like it's unbalanced going the other way.

I've seen this question a few places, never really gotten the answer.
I am the twelth biggest nation in the world, but still I can't get and liqour needed to produce for example artillery? Even though I produce it.

I've seen this question a few places, never really gotten the answer.
I am the twelth biggest nation in the world, but still I can't get and liqour needed to produce for example artillery? Even though I produce it.
I don't properly understand the question. Are you saying that you're the 12th highest ranked nation, or the 12th most prestigious? Remember, it's prestige, not total score that determines buy order.

Also, are you unable to buy all the goods needed for recruiting regiments, or is it specific to liquor? If you can't get anything, then you might have your national stockpile setting too low. If it's just with a couple goods, check the trade screen. How much do you need, how much do you produce, how much is available for you, etc.. They could just be in very high demand. And if you're in a sphere, the sphere leader may be buying up most of your domestic production before you get any.

I am the 12th highest ranked nation, and the 4th most prestigious, and I am not in any sphere, and yes it is specific to liqour. Oh and possibly fuel, although that isn't really plentiful ATM.
I have not been able to get any liqour to build artillery at any point in the game, even after opening a couple of liqour factories in my own country, does this possibly have something to do with the price of liqour, and that I might have to really boost my natioal stockpile spending for it to have enough money to purchase it?
I have the national stockpile around 3/4 of the way up