• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, 500% of 0 is still 0, so pops that would never assimilate won't even with the modifier.

Anything I can do about that?

Different question:
My military power score is: 5 I have 4x42k soldier (some of them are horseman and cannons.
Ottoman empire military powerscore: 42
Now if I save the game and swith country to the ottman I se my military score as 30 while my previously played nation has 99
What am I missing?

Quick question: Does Sardinia Piedmont need those two provinces that are mostly French to form Italy? As in Chamberry and the other province I can't name atm.

How does badboy works exactly?
In my UK game, I've 76 infamy by 1850, and no one attacked me :(
Maybe this is related to Military Score (I'm far the strongest military power, due to massive capital construction from the beginning)?

Quick question: Does Sardinia Piedmont need those two provinces that are mostly French to form Italy? As in Chamberry and the other province I can't name atm.

Nope; just need to sphere the other Italian countries (or conquer them) and have to get some cores from Austria.

How does badboy works exactly?
In my UK game, I've 76 infamy by 1850, and no one attacked me :(
Maybe this is related to Military Score (I'm far the strongest military power, due to massive capital construction from the beginning)?

Infamy gives other GPs a CB, but they don't have to use it. If you're that much more powerful than anyone else? Yeah, they'll pass. They aren't suicidal.

Nope; just need to sphere the other Italian countries (or conquer them) and have to get some cores from Austria.

Infamy gives other GPs a CB, but they don't have to use it. If you're that much more powerful than anyone else? Yeah, they'll pass. They aren't suicidal.

Thanks!

Suicidal?
Royal Army was extremely small, I got NEI just from consequently blockading my enemy, so the only dangerous about me is that I own an almost unbeatable navy.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the finer points of the economy. I think I got it mostly figured out but have stumbled on this point.

My wine artisans are doing good and have enough money to buy luxury items but cannot buy wine because it is not available on the market (or so the tooltip says).
However if I check Wine on the trade screen I see that they are actually producing an excess of wine and some of it being exported. I can even see that Artisans
*are* in fact buying wine as part of their daily needs so I don't understand why in the POP screen it appears like they are not getting this luxury need.

Instant assimilation problem.

Here is what I modded so far:
In the pop file I added a modifier to the assimilation section
modifier {
factor = 500
tag = [AUS]
}

I also reduced the culture core penalty from 20% to a symbolic 1%

As a result the ingame tooltip shows a green 500% increase in assimilation tho it has no text as to why. This is the what it shows: (*) is 500%

In defines.lua I modified the base assimilation scale from 0.004 to 0.04. In my assumption this should increase the number of pop assimilated each time by 10 times.

The results:
Almost all the the minor cultures vanished in a half year period. Except 1-2% which had no valid target.
Tooltips: "2500 out of 950 officers assimilate each month" "25.000 farmers out of 47000 each month"

BUT
There were two cultures, the serbian and the czech, refused to assimilate.
Tooltips: 2 out of 3600 clergyman and 47 out of 350.000 farmers assimilate each month.

Question:
With almost +500% assimilation rate and 10 times stronger scale resulting a 6 month Borg like assimilation in almost every culture how is it possible that serbian and Czech pops assimilation is almost nonexistant.? (I conquered the whole serbian state including provinces owned by the ottomans, if that matter)

Is there anyway of generating cores? Do you get cores on conquered territories after a certain amount of time like in EU3?
You can get cores by event on provinces you own that are part of non-colonial states once you have the Nationalism & Imperialism technology. Some countries have decisions to give them core on specific foreign-owned territories (e.g. Italy's Italia Irredenta for cores on Venice and Dalmatia, or Greece's Megali Idea for cores on a bunch of ex-Byzantine territory).

1. Are the factors in the ideologies tool tip (and I guess for all similar tool tips) for a pop multiplied or added together? If I calculate the total, what does the result mean? The chance per month that a pop will change to this ideology?

2. How often do POPs "update" their ideologies and dominant issues? For some reason I think you need to close the POP data window before it refreshes, for things like money and needs it changes constantly with the window open, however the rate of change
for these 2 things is still very slow.

Which parameters effect on the colonisation progress?

My "literature" up to now:
1) The national focus gives 0.1% per month (written that way in my german version, for sure it has to be a bigger effect...)
2) Troops in that region gives another "2%" (btw, of what? in total or only of the national focus effect).

My observation:
1) The expected date usually fails hard. The delay is 1 year at least.
2) This holds only for the human player. The expected date of the AI only varies around 1 week.

E.g. I, Germany, had a race with France for Gabun. I was leading in cultur, trade and industry research. France in army and navy.
I had troops in Gabun, France did not.
When I started the race, France was 5% ahead. After a while this decreased to 2% (my troops seemed to work well...).
Finally France got the region with 8% ahead.
In the beginning, my expected date was around 2 years earlier than the French one.

Is there any rational explanation inor is the colonisation progress purely random?

I'ma playing extended game its 1965 now in my save and i after getting all technologies i want to go back into absolute monrachy, so first step is trying to lower literacy, then incrase reactionaries by NF. But i wonder how could i lower my literacy to 0% ? I have now something like -0.00005% per month but it dont lower but it still goes up, as i remember i had in 1940 about 94.6% literacy now its 95.4% even if i lowered the education budget to 0%.

I'ma playing extended game its 1965 now in my save and i after getting all technologies i want to go back into absolute monrachy, so first step is trying to lower literacy, then incrase reactionaries by NF. But i wonder how could i lower my literacy to 0% ? I have now something like -0.00005% per month but it dont lower but it still goes up, as i remember i had in 1940 about 94.6% literacy now its 95.4% even if i lowered the education budget to 0%.

I'm just guessing here, since I'm very new to the game. You will probably need to attract illiterate immigrants, or wait for your under-educated children to grow up. After all, when's the last time someone forgot how to read?

Are there are commands to give a tag techs? I want to give the rebels better weapons and tactics as the game goes on to stop them being a walkover. If giving techs isn't possible are there any other ways to do that?

How do I get a Jacobin revolution as NGFin 1870? I have unfortunately introduced most voting reforms, so liberals are pretty happy. I want a republic though. Anarcho-liberals lead to dictatorship, which I am trying to avoid... What reforms, taxation etc do I need to piss off the liberals?

Two quick questions:

a) I bought Vicky and am waiting for the DLC to go on sale (say Christmas). Should I start playing now or wait? (e.g. due to improvements, GUI etc.)
b) How does the difficulty of Vicky 2 compare to Crusader Kings 2 and does it take weeks/months to learn? Thanks.