• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see many can unite Germany in just a few years, how to do that?

To form real-life Germany, I do the following:

1) Start sphering all north german countries.
2) Declare war on Denmark for Schlewig. You'll win it in a few weeks.
3) Declare Assert Hegemony war on Austria, it shouldn't be so hard. Start sphering Holstein once the truce is over. Form the North German Federation when you win and start sphereing south german countries (They are in Austria's sphere, it can be quite hard)
4) Once you have recovered your military strenght declare war on France for Elsaß-Lothringer. It should be easy if you fight a defensive war.
5) Once you have all German cores under your rule (or in your sphere) profit!

what are the actual parameters that influence that culture/religion conversions? are they both sided from and also to uncivilized cultures or animist religion?

Need help! My previous 2 threads went unanswered. :sad:

Not sure what happened but after I pass the weighted universal reform as China the game crash whenever I tried to access the politics screen after the date of reform.

Windows gave the the problem as below:

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: v2game.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f8ee297
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e98d
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: c1bfac5a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1041
Additional Information 1: e98d
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 6eab
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

It is not easy to make a diagnose form the distance. Important is to find out what the reason is. Please, hoover your mouse over the factories (there are 3 different points to get information IIRC) in the factory build screen and report it here. It may be that some goods needed for the factories are not available on the world market.

What about the demand for your produced goods? Do you sell all your produced goods in your home country? Try to cover the demand for your nation and for common market, only. It is difficult to get into competiton with GP nations; if goods are not sold on the world market they are put to the trash can what is bad for your economy, because you do not earn enough to cover the cost for producing goods. Hence your factories have to dismiss workers.

Please reduce tariffs to zero and set the stockpile slider to 100% to avoid getting problems from here.

How exactly do I make sure my goods are not sold to other countries?

To form real-life Germany, I do the following:

1) Start sphering all north german countries.
2) Declare war on Denmark for Schlewig. You'll win it in a few weeks.
3) Declare Assert Hegemony war on Austria, it shouldn't be so hard. Start sphering Holstein once the truce is over. Form the North German Federation when you win and start sphereing south german countries (They are in Austria's sphere, it can be quite hard)
4) Once you have recovered your military strenght declare war on France for Elsaß-Lothringer. It should be easy if you fight a defensive war.
5) Once you have all German cores under your rule (or in your sphere) profit!

I'd advise sphereing Holestine before declaring war on Denmark, at 2 bars of infulence it only takes a year and half to get Holestien in to Prussia's SOI which is quicker then waiting for a truce to expire.

In the ledger, it gives educational policy; some say none and some say public schools. How do I get public schools?

Public Schools are a social reform; you pass them like any other social reform.

Is world domination possible in AHD, and if so, are there any good WD AARs that are recommended?

Honestly, you'd have to mod or cheat to conquer the world in AHD. CBs are just too rare, and you can only get them by justifying wars.

I have a question of my own. Consider the following scenarios. Two countries are competing over a good (we'll say Liquor). Who would get the good in these scenarios?

1. Country X has more prestige, but Country Y has a higher total score.

2. Country X is in Country Y's sphere.

3. Country X and Country Y have the same total score (I don't know if this is possible, but hypothetically.)

Thanks for your help!

If I blockade all the ports on a nation does that stop the nation from trading with anyone it does not directly border?

Public Schools are a social reform; you pass them like any other social reform.

Honestly, you'd have to mod or cheat to conquer the world in AHD. CBs are just too rare, and you can only get them by justifying wars.

I have a question of my own. Consider the following scenarios. Two countries are competing over a good (we'll say Liquor). Who would get the good in these scenarios?

1. Country X has more prestige, but Country Y has a higher total score.

2. Country X is in Country Y's sphere.

3. Country X and Country Y have the same total score (I don't know if this is possible, but hypothetically.)

Thanks for your help!

It depends where its produced. If its coming from the WM then the one with the higher score (prestige is irrelevant except for its contribution to score).

Nope. They just get some WE.

Are you certain that's correct? I've seen countries I've blockaded go bankrupt.

Thanks for your answers, Arch Mede and MrTrt. That's what I thought would happen, but I wasn't certain.

Are you certain that's correct? I've seen countries I've blockaded go bankrupt.

Thanks for your answers, Arch Mede and MrTrt. That's what I thought would happen, but I wasn't certain.

In PDM, it also damages your economy (indirectly, because WE hurts your throughput and AE and stuff), but not in vanilla AHD, no.

I've just bought AHD after deciding to get back into Victoria 2 a bit, and I think I'm going to do a USA 1861 game. I have one question though: What kind of units should I be recruiting for different uses? What is the difference between the different cavalry types?