• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What happens to interest payments? If I have a loan from my national bank, will the interest be paid to my pops who have savings in the bank? Or does it just disappear into the ether?

Do we know what considerations capitalists take into account when investing in projects? I'd like to know how to work around their stupid decisions if at all possible.

What happens to interest payments? If I have a loan from my national bank, will the interest be paid to my pops who have savings in the bank? Or does it just disappear into the ether?

Interest is paid to those POPs who invested. I've heard of people intentionally taking loans to stimulate their economy in this fashion. I don't know whether or not it worked.

Do we know what considerations capitalists take into account when investing in projects? I'd like to know how to work around their stupid decisions if at all possible.

I think the capitalist AI is kept pretty close to the vest by PI. I don't know if you can edit LUAs or not to "fix it" either. I would assume profit is the driving motive. I've noticed they're really slow to adopt new factories, unless you've got an NF.

A couple quick questions:

1. Is there a way to make a country renounce its claims? Or are there events that sometimes make countries lose their cores?

2. How to keep the number of Officers in check? I want to get more Soldiers but as a side product I keep getting a huge reserve of Officers, way over the recommended level. Should I tax the Middle Class more or?

How exactly does the market penetration of spheroids work?

Let's say I sphere a civilized country that produces some sort of raw material. 75% of the good goes onto our common market automatically (I think), but what happens to the remainder? If that nation's artisans/factories don't use it, will it go into our common market, or will it go into the world market?

A couple quick questions:

1. Is there a way to make a country renounce its claims? Or are there events that sometimes make countries lose their cores?

2. How to keep the number of Officers in check? I want to get more Soldiers but as a side product I keep getting a huge reserve of Officers, way over the recommended level. Should I tax the Middle Class more or?

1. No. There are ways to acquire new cores but not ways to make old ones go away.
2. Don't worry about it. The size of officer POPs is so small that weird things happen with them due to rounding errors.
If you want to investigate it, sort out the biggest officer POPs in the POP screen, click on them to get more detail and look at the tooltips to see what factors will lead to more promotions and demotions from them.

what's the deal with suppression points?

they either cause a massive revolt, or the movement to re-appear 10x stronger.

How are movements formulated? As in, what occurs that triggers a dominant issue to become a movement?

what's the deal with suppression points?

they either cause a massive revolt, or the movement to re-appear 10x stronger.

The purpose is to delay the issue; suppression will never completely remove an issue, but it could give you time to deal with it in other ways.

How are movements formulated? As in, what occurs that triggers a dominant issue to become a movement?

A certain percentage of the population has to believe strongly in it. As far as what that percentage is, I couldn't tell you.

1:I want to become a communist dictatorship.How do i enrage my people so they become communists?
2:Is it possible to somehow embargo some things from the world market or from many nations and create somehow a world crisis or a spiral economy breakdown or anything like that?

1:I want to become a communist dictatorship.How do i enrage my people so they become communists?
2:Is it possible to somehow embargo some things from the world market or from many nations and create somehow a world crisis or a spiral economy breakdown or anything like that?
1)Overtax them, lose wars, ignore issues they care about.
2)Not directly. But if you set your trade order to buy up all your production of a good, then nobody else will get any of it.

lose wars, ignore issues they care about.
Must i lose wars that take land from me or wars of humilation?Doesn't that make fascists more aggresive too?And how to ignore the issues they care about,basically do nothing?

i play with house divided

That's playing in France, I noticed that my Infamy is increasing and rebels helped by events begin to lay around in my territory.

How it avoided or reduced?

How to have fast enough CB?

My troops were always on my territory 5 PRCT attrition that never gives. A trick?

I lose on average daily population 3k Is this normal?