• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can you escape from the satelite/dominion thing? I am playing as Wallachia but can't declare wars, nothing. Not even against the Ottomans.

You need to engineer a revolution, either in Wallachia or in the Ottoman Empire. Or become a great power, but that's somewhat more difficult to achieve.

And how do I become a great power or have a revolution?

To become a great power you need a score in the top 8 (you will need a large industry and/or a big army) and to have a revolution you need to make rebels occupy the capital for a year.

But I am in top 8, and I am a secondary power.

Have you waited six months arriving in the top eight? (might be a vanilla/AHD thing over whether satellites can become GPs)

And to get rebels?

Higher militancy equates to more rebels. You need to raise militancy; choose the option that will increase it most in events.

I was playing with Greece when suddenly all my RGO workers "lost" their job. At first i couldnt understand why is my income from taxex and tarrifs going down, but then i saw that number of RGO workers in every provicne droped to 0. Why is this happening? Answer quickly please.

Who else has seen an economic recession worldwide in the 1920s? I'm not sure how this happened but the existing major industrial powers lost a total of 2200 industry points between the four of them (1300! Germany, 400 Britain, 300 France, 200 USA) while the newly industrializing nations didn't seem to lose as much, maybe 200 industry points between the four of them (Russia, China, Japan, Brazil). Am I just getting really lucky (Great Depression) or is this just another case of the market correcting overproduction? I investigated and Germany was hit with crippling unemployment (30-60% craftsmen in most regions). Does this happen for other people? If so, why does it happen in the 1920s? Did I just get coincidentally historical or is there something else at play here?

Why don't I get a pop up when a battle starts or ends? The game crashes when I try and hit Manage Settings.

Why don't I get a pop up when a battle starts or ends?

It's just the default settings not to bring one up when you start a battle. You should get one when a battle ends, though.

The game crashes when I try and hit Manage Settings.

That's... not supposed to happen.

As you get an icon in the bottom right by default when you start a battle, you can click on the icon, then right-click on the popup it produces to set the game to produce a popup every time you start a battle. (bypassing the Message Settings)

I have started a game as Japan and my low prestige may be hurting my ability to buy goods. How can I tell quickly if my country or it's people needs to buy something but cannot at that moment access it?

It's just the default settings not to bring one up when you start a battle. You should get one when a battle ends, though.
I don't get a pop up for when a battle ends.

That's... not supposed to happen.
I know. It works perfectly in EU3, but in Vicky II, it doesn't (maybe it's because I'm more of an EU3 veteran, but overall, I see much more lag in Vicky II than EU3). Is there any solution anyone has?

As you get an icon in the bottom right by default when you start a battle, you can click on the icon, then right-click on the popup it produces to set the game to produce a popup every time you start a battle. (bypassing the Message Settings)
I try that, but it doesn't work. When a battle ends, there isn't even an icon, and it isn't in the log, either.

I'm fairly new to Victoria and was wondering how Spheres work in this game? And can you annex countries diplomatically without war or historical events? Say I'm GB and want to annex all those little puppet indian states, or as Prussia annex the other German States, how would I go about doing that? And how do I increase my colonial life rating? And if I wanted to take over egypt how would I do that? Increase relations, get them in sphere, then decrease relations then attack? Seems kind of tedious. Thanks for any future replies.

I'm fairly new to Victoria and was wondering how Spheres work in this game? And can you annex countries diplomatically without war or historical events? Say I'm GB and want to annex all those little puppet indian states, or as Prussia annex the other German States, how would I go about doing that? And how do I increase my colonial life rating? And if I wanted to take over egypt how would I do that? Increase relations, get them in sphere, then decrease relations then attack? Seems kind of tedious. Thanks for any future replies.

That's a lot of questions, I'll do my best.

Spheres -- A country in your sphere of influence provides a certain amount of its economic strength to yours, in addition to being your allies. How much strength depends on your investments.
Annexing countries -- In the specific circumstances you mention, you can add India to the UK via the decision "Empress of India" and the periodic event "Doctrine of Lapse." For Germany, any country of German culture in your sphere will be added when you enact the decision "Three Hurrahs!" In most case, however, war is required.
Colonial Life Rating -- Two techs and an invention -- Prophylaxis against Malaria (invention under Medicine), Machine Guns, and National & Imperialism all make it easier to colonize.
Egypt -- If you sphere a country you cannot attack them. Thus, if you want to conquer Egypt, just use the appropriate war goal.

Okay thanks. I continued with my game as GB and I got the Empress of India event yet I still have a bunch of satellite/puppet states in india, and it seems I stopped getting the Doctrine of Lapse movements since the Empress one was enacted.
Also how do I go about having a revolution? I know the the movement will become militarized but then what. Just let them beat you? And what defines them defeating you? Is it occupying the capital for a certain amount of time or something or..? Also is there a way to decrease the chances of gaining infamy from justifying a war? And thanks for the reply.

Last edited: