• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How is it that:
  • I produce more regular clothes that I need, according to the trade screen
  • Regular clothes are the 3rd most imported good, according to the trade box in the main interface
?
:huh:

Its possible that since the spheres are in your common market you are indeed producing more than enough for your own pops, but some of those clothes are being exported to your spheres, and you need to import more from the world market to satisfy your own needs.

Is there anyway to demand annexation as a war goal, so I don't have to occupy every single province? I've seen the Dutch do that with the Belgians and the Portuguese do that with the Zulus. also how would I go about turning a constitutional monarchy (HM's Government) to a republic?

Is there anyway to demand annexation as a war goal, so I don't have to occupy every single province? I've seen the Dutch do that with the Belgians and the Portuguese do that with the Zulus. also how would I go about turning a constitutional monarchy (HM's Government) to a republic?

You can't, unless you get jacobins.

Is there anyway to demand annexation as a war goal, so I don't have to occupy every single province? I've seen the Dutch do that with the Belgians and the Portuguese do that with the Zulus.

I'll assume you don't have AHD.

There are three ways to annex a country with: "Restore Order", "Conquest" and "Establish Protectorate".

The first requires cores on every single province that the country in question has, and costs no infamy. The Dutch have cores on every Belgian province, so they will use that on the Belgians.

The AI never uses the second. It costs 20 infamy, and can only be used on one-state countries, such as Krakow or Modena.

The third can be used on any one-state uncivilised nation, such as Zulu, and after Nationalism and Imperialism (?) can be used on any uncivilised nation with between one and five states, such as Dai Nam. It costs 8 infamy, and is presumably what the Portuguese are using on the Zulus.

None will allow you to annex a country without occupying every province.

Last edited:
I'll assume you don't have AHD.

There are three ways to annex a country with: "Restore Order", "Conquest" and "Establish Protectorate".

The first requires cores on every single province that the country in question has, and costs no infamy. The Dutch have cores on every Belgian province, so they will use that on the Belgians.

The AI never uses the second. It costs 20 infamy, and can only be used on one-state countries, such as Krakow or Modena.

The third can be used on any one-state uncivilised nation, such as Zulu, and after Nationalism and Imperialism (?) can be used on any uncivilised nation with between one and five states, such as Dai Nam. It costs 8 infamy, and is presumably what the Portuguese are using on the Zulus.

None will allow you to annex a country without occupying every province, as they each require 100 warscore - the maximum.

All true, except the last bit. None of them costs 100. But they still require you to occupy every province even after you reach the required warscore, anyway. Conquest is 85, protectorate is also 85, restore order is either 65 or 85 IIRC.

All true, except the last bit. None of them costs 100. But they still require you to occupy every province even after you reach the required warscore, anyway. Conquest is 85, protectorate is also 85, restore order is either 65 or 85 IIRC.

So they do. I checked and Restore Order is 70, Conquest 100, and Establish Protectorate also 100.

Are you playing ahd? I just loaded a game and both conquest and protectorate are 85, while restore order costs 59 as the netherlands, but that might change depending on who you're annexing.

No, I don't have AHD. That's why I said in my answer to the question that I assumed he didn't have AHD, as he didn't have it registered.

How do I get the Russians to sell me Alaska? I've played US twice so far(still learning game) and both times they refused when I enacted Seward's Icebox decision.2nd time I even made sure to have +200 relations.Playing AHD.Does Crimean War have to happen?

why can france build aircrafts in early 1890s when the tec is avaible from 1910?
i often wonder when i check production screen and recok that france builds aircrafts around 1890
(i play without AHD on 1.3)