• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Additionally, the amount you can borrow is limited by the total amount in central banks worldwide. If there's no POPs left with savings, then you can't take any loans, or at least the amount of loans you can take is limited by how fast POPs are able to save. It's not an issue except for the first year of the game, but it can crop up if you're trying to build a bunch of stuff on day 1.

There was a bug where artisans produced fertilizer at the same efficiency as factories, but I don't know if it's been addressed or not. I've never played a game where a fertilizer factory made a lot of money, so I'm going with "no."

This probably isn't a very quickly answered question (but hopefully it is!), but I didn't think it deserved its own thread. Can someone go over how to manage your economy/industrialization? I read the manual, but it really didn't seem to explain much (to me, anyway). But then I've had that problem with a couple of manuals, so it's probably my fault.

I can do fine, just as long as I have a government/economy form that practically does everything for me (which isn't necessarily what I always want).

I can't seem to get one thing. Did anyone come across permanent pan-nationalist rebels? It happens wit a couple of countries all the time in my games. The rebel types file says that rebels hold capital for 365 days and than enforce their demands. But it doesn't happen. For example in my current game the rebels control Copenhagen for 5 years or so with no result. In my other games pan-indian nationalists occupied several countries during 60 years. Is this a bug?

increased supply limit (i.e. you can house more troops without attrition penalties) and a bonus to your industrial output (???) are among some of them.

It's specifically a bonus to throughput, economically.

Liferating is a description of the livability of the province. It modifies local population growth a few other things. To colonize a province with a liferating of 15, you need three techs: Machine Guns (military section), Nationalism and Imperalism (culture section), and Medicine (industry section). With medicine, you have to wait for an invention called "Prophylaxis Against Malaria."

How do I form Italy?
I am playing as Two Scilies and was the only 'Italian' great power, and someone else formed Italy. I thought I had to sphere all the component parts and was getting no where

But I am the only Italian great power and the other Italian states were divided between french and austrian spehers of influence, and I could only get to friendly relation with the other Italians......

But I am the only Italian great power and the other Italian states were divided between french and austrian spehers of influence, and I could only get to friendly relation with the other Italians......

Research the Market Functionality techs in Commerce, they'll give you influence faster. You must remove France and Austria from the Italian states. When you have reached Friendly + 100 influence with an Italian nation you can remove the French/Austrian sphere.

do you get prestige every-time you colonize, like say in africa? if so how much?

Is there anyway to change/affect what your primary culture is as far as national focus points go during the game? I'm playing as Italy now and was disappointed that just any Italians wouldn't count for my NF.. not only that there's more North Italians and my National focus points goes based on South Italian.. is there an event that just changes it to Italian? Playing a Multi-Player game against Prussia/Germany and i just can't compete.

do you get prestige every-time you colonize, like say in africa? if so how much?

Is there anyway to change/affect what your primary culture is as far as national focus points go during the game? I'm playing as Italy now and was disappointed that just any Italians wouldn't count for my NF.. not only that there's more North Italians and my National focus points goes based on South Italian.. is there an event that just changes it to Italian? Playing a Multi-Player game against Prussia/Germany and i just can't compete.

First question, yes, and you get about 5 prestige for colonizing something, modified by any prestige increasing techs you have, you also get another ten prestige (plus modifiers) if you make the colony into a state.
Second question, no. Also there is no such thing as just "Italian" culture, it's North and South Italian. As for your predicament, you're Italy, no way you could compete against Germany just with your generic lands, conquer some stuff! I hear the Adriatic coast and southern France are nice this time of year.