• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks Arch Mede, but if thats true about factories what You are saying, whats "nationalization" option for ?

Foreign factories give the owning country first pick on buying the product. Nationalisation removes that. Its never actually relevant though, because the country being invested in doesn't have the tech to compete industrially, so the factory won't be making much of anything anyway.

how do alliances work? i mean which are the criteria for someone to ally with you? i mean nobody wanted to ally me (as greece) and i was allied with france which went to war with germany and dragged me in.then every nation (kinda) turned from impossibly to maybe.wtf?

I don't know for certain, and this is purely from my observations, but it seems to be related to military score. The AI has little interesting is allying with you if it doesn't perceive you to be strong enough. Relations also seem to play a part, as does the number of allies the AI already has. Perhaps the boost to military score from already being at war made you look better as an ally?

How do I stop the incessant pop-ups about Jacobite and liberal agitation? I've been granting reforms whenever possible, but every 30 seconds I get another event and it's making the game a real chore to play. How do I put an end to this? Repressing does nothing because a new movement immediately appears afterward. The actual effects of the events are not a problem, it's the damn pop-ups slowing the game to a crawl.

General tips on how to manage dissident pops and preventing things from getting this bad would be appreciated.

Last edited:
How do I stop the incessant pop-ups about Jacobite and liberal agitation? I've been granting reforms whenever possible, but every 30 seconds I get another event and it's making the game a real chore to play. How do I put an end to this? Repressing does nothing because a new movement immediately appears afterward. The actual effects of the events are not a problem, it's the damn pop-ups slowing the game to a crawl.

General tips on how to manage dissident pops and preventing things from getting this bad would be appreciated.

I believe you can disable pop-ups on all kinds of messages through the Menu - Message Settings tab.

i was wondering if someone could help me with this cause when the event start only one war begins
so if someone can see the problem please help
Code:
#Great War V.1
country_event = {
	id = 80003
	title = "MADNESS"
	desc  = "I Hope You Are Ready For Chaos"
	major = yes

trigger = {
		year = 1880
		ai = no
		exists = GER
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 1
	}

option = {
		name = "Let The Madness Begin"
		CHI = {
			war = {
				target = RUS
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender _goal = {
					casus_belli = dismantle_cb
				}
			}
		}
		CHI = {
			war = {
				target = USA
				attacker_goal = {
				}
				defender_goal = {
				}
			}
		}
		JAP = {
			war = {
				target = USA
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
				}
			}
		}
		JAP = {
			war = {
				target = RUS
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = humiliate
				}
				defender _goal = {
				}
			}
		}
		FRA = {
			war = {
				target = ENG
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
			}
		}
		GER = {
			war = {
				target = AUS
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
			}
		}
		SPA = {
			war = {
				target = USA
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
				}
			}
		}
		SWE = {
			war = {
				target = DEN
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
			}
		}
		SWE = {
			war = {
				target = RUS
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = unification_casus_belli
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = status_quo
				}
			}
		}
		SWE = {
			war = {
				target = GER
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = unification_casus_belli
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = status_quo
				}
			}
		}
		POR = {
			war = {
				target = USA
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = status_quo
				}
			}
		}
		SPA = {
			war = {
				target = ENG
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = cot_down_to_size
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = status_quo
				}
			}
		}
		MEX = {
			war = {
				target = USA
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = acquire_core_annex
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = make_puppet
				}
			}
		}
		TUR = {
			war = {
				target = EGY
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
			}
		}
		PER = {
			war = {
				target = TUR
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = cut_down_to_size
				}
				defender_goal = {
				}
			}
		}
		ITA = {
			war = {
				target = TUR
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = cut_down_to_size
				}
				defender_goal = {
				}
			}
		}
		GER = {
			war = {
				target = SWI
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = status_quo
				}
			}
		}
		INT = {
			war = {
				target = BEL
				attacker_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
				defender_goal = {
					casus_belli = conquest
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

I'm playing S-P for the first time, and Garabaldi showed up in 1844, and took over Lucca. This triggered unification, which I selected, and boom, I'm Italy and all non-Austrian Italian provinces all the way down to to Sicily signed up and joined.

That was quick, way ahead of historical schedule. My question is, just out of curiosity, is this commonplace? Or did I just get lucky?

Do you have to leave the SoI of a GP to become a GP yourself? In V2, it was automatic, but I'm not sure it's firing for me, even though I'm ranked #7 for a while now.

EDIT: Didn't understand the question. What's happened is you haven't been there for one year, probably. You can drop to #9 for one day and it resets. Or maybe you're a one province minor, but I doubt that's the case.

Last edited:
I'm sorry because I know this has probably been asked a thousand times. I have sphered or own all of the core provinces for German Empire as North German Federation but I can't form The German Empire? Have I overlooked anything?

Hi. My question is this: Can I remove a country from my own sphere? I wish to annex Baden, who somehow didn't get included when I formed greater germany

You needn't, in this case. After a while in your sphere Baden will quietly ask you to annex it.