• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you have an interventionist party in power then fund their first couple of projects for them. Capitalists get their money from the profit of your factories, so until you get a couple of factories going industrialisation will be incredibly slow.

This. Starting from scratch with LF is extremely hard. Capitalists need factories to get their cash from and then invest that cash in projects.

Throughput techs increase the output of a factory and increase the output by a corresponding amount. Input efficiency techs by comparison decrease the amount of material consumed for the same output, while output efficiency techs increase the output for the same level of input material.

What determines how much aristocrats pay their RGO workers? Are there any viewable modifiers?

As near as I can tell, it's a form of profit sharing. I can't give you specific numbers, but the POP(s) get a certain percentage of the total profit. As far as I know, the only modifier is how profitable the RGO is.

Some technologies, like Mechanical production are providing bonus called "factory throughtput tech +x%". What is it ? It seems to be different that normal throughput bonus, which is given by other technologies.

It's specific to factories; generic throughput (i.e., from railroads) affects RGOs too.

Does anyone else start lagging uncontrollably when you select an army? My dual-core laptop with 6GB RAM can handle the game even in 1900 as long as I don't click on an army, but the moment I do my game pauses for like 3-4 seconds and my game stutters to a crawl. When I click on a province to unselect the units my game speeds up again. I have a similar result when I click on a ledger/production tab, although much less pronounced. Is this a problem everyone has or is it just me?

Does anyone else start lagging uncontrollably when you select an army? My dual-core laptop with 6GB RAM can handle the game even in 1900 as long as I don't click on an army, but the moment I do my game pauses for like 3-4 seconds and my game stutters to a crawl. When I click on a province to unselect the units my game speeds up again. I have a similar result when I click on a ledger/production tab, although much less pronounced. Is this a problem everyone has or is it just me?

It happens to everyone. There is quite a lot of difference between patches as to how much it happens. Patch to 1.4 and it will be much less bad, but you'll still notice it in the 1930s. AHD is different again. Army selection isn't a particular problem but the game in general is slower. If you want to play a military game AHD is much better, but if you prefer peaceful development, don't get it.

I just bought AHD, but I can't seem to find the forum pages that tell me what's new in AHD compared to V2, or any sort of instructions on the new mechanics in AHD. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I found the Dev Diaries, but is there a more detailed manual?

I just bought AHD, but I can't seem to find the forum pages that tell me what's new in AHD compared to V2, or any sort of instructions on the new mechanics in AHD. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Maybe check the developer diaries from Johan's second post here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...cluding-reviews-dev-diaries-wiki-and-the-demo ?

My own question: is there any way of checking the (average) literacy of a single state? I've read that it's something to take into consideration when deciding whether to create a state out of a colony.

Last edited:
Thanks for previous answers, i got some more questions for which i could'nt find answers in manuals or strategy guides :

1) Does diplomatic influence is gained at same rate by every great power, or those which are stronger are gaining it faster ?
2) Are there some hidden differences between governments in V2:AHD, like in V1 where ,for an example, democracy was getting reduced militancy bonus for high concussion, while dictatorship was getting increased militancy for same thing ?
3) Foreign factories, are they basically parasites which give only employment to local population (and wages ofc) but transfers all profit from production to its owner country ?
4) Foreign railroads, are they just like paying for building railroad in other country ?

I've tried editing the text.csv file but nothing happens. I release that the name of my Germany is the German Empire, however in the file it is just Germany. Am I doing something wrong?

Localisation can have separate lines for different government systems. When the UK has HM's Government, it's called the United Kingdom. When a democracy, it isn't a kingdom any more, so its name changes to Great Britain. A similar situation exists with Germany.

The lines you need to find are GER_absolute_monarchy, GER_prussian_constitutionalism, and GER_hms_government. Change them to whatever you like. If you can't find them, create a new .csv file, and title it such that it comes before the other files in alphabetical order (for example, I have a one-line file in my localisation directory named 00tamius.csv). Then add those three lines, what you'd like them to appear as, and the requisite number of semi-colons.

It should look like so:

Code:
GER_absolute_monarchy;Grossdeutschland;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GER_prussian_constitutionalism;Grossdeutschland;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GER_hms_government;Grossdeutschland;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Change the ss for a ß if you'd like. You can also change the adjectival form, eg.

Code:
GER_absolute_monarchy_ADJ;Greater German;;;;;;;;;;;;x

would change the adjective used for GER when an absolute monarchy from "German" to "Greater German".

In order to get the bonus for colonization speed, do I need troops in every province or is it enough to have troops in one of the state's provinces? Does the number/type of troops matter?

In order to get the bonus for colonization speed, do I need troops in every province or is it enough to have troops in one of the state's provinces? Does the number/type of troops matter?
I'm not sure, but I've always seen a 2% bonus, so I think that nothing (else :p) matters, a few irregulars in any province should give you the bonus.

Thanks for previous answers, i got some more questions for which i could'nt find answers in manuals or strategy guides :

1) Does diplomatic influence is gained at same rate by every great power, or those which are stronger are gaining it faster ?
2) Are there some hidden differences between governments in V2:AHD, like in V1 where ,for an example, democracy was getting reduced militancy bonus for high concussion, while dictatorship was getting increased militancy for same thing ?
3) Foreign factories, are they basically parasites which give only employment to local population (and wages ofc) but transfers all profit from production to its owner country ?
4) Foreign railroads, are they just like paying for building railroad in other country ?

Technology affects how many influence points a GP gets (commerce 4th column). Power relative to the target affects how much influence those points give.
Foreign investment is really aid. There is no monetary return to the donor country. It just provides a penalty to the influence rate of other GPs. The recipient country takes the profits if there are any, but most likely goes bankrupt paying the subsidies to keep the factory open. If you want to help a country, build railroads, if you want to cripple it, build factories.