• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ok so,im playing as Greece and i went to war with the O.E.It was white peace,and i lost all my fleet.now i cant make any more,it keeps saying it will be done in 120 days but it is never done.i can make forts and ports but not ships,why?

If you haven't set the stockpile slider to 0% then it's probably because the clipper production isn't meeting its demands on the world market, so since your country is very poor (and you don't make any yourself) you can't outbuy the bigger GP's and therefore you have to wait until more Clippers are in stock on the market. That or your budget is so small that it can only afford a tiny amount of the goods needed to make one single ship. Go into your navy tab and hold your mouse over the first ship in que, there you can see if it trickles in at all or is dead in the water, pardon the pun.

I've just formed the German Empire, including Austria which was in my sphere of influence. I've heard talk that you can form Großdeutschland in name, is this true? Or to call it that would I have to edit some files (I'm a bit of n00b so some help as what to edit would be appreciated).

easy.let UK sphere you,make alliance and let them fight your wars.quickly wage war on tunisia,johore,algeria or morocco (or any uncivic you want) and they will win the war for you in a month.do it on day 1. then
increase relations with russia,france and austria and when you think you have a strong army wage war on the O.E and call your GP allies (the UK alone is still strong) to help you.if the O.E becomes 'sick' then you might not even have to fight,so wait before you declare war on them.industry is a tough game so gather as much prestige you can to become secondary and start colonizing africa.also make sure to be friendly with the netherlands if you take johore
Why Johore? I know they have gold but attacking all 3 with make me go over the infamy limit and Algeria/Tunisia seem more useful.

Why Johore? I know they have gold but attacking all 3 with make me go over the infamy limit and Algeria/Tunisia seem more useful.

im just giving you targets.Johore would be nice in start cause it gives you a boost (gold mines) and the british will handle alone preety soon.tunis and algeria are ok for the mediteranian but strike before france spheres them.you choose who to attack

At the begging of games all countries have so low level of tax efficiency that even if i set taxation slider fully to the right, tooltip says that "effective taxation level" is about 23%. So my question is, how this is felt from POP point of viev, does citizens pay only 23% of thier incomone, because of administration inability to collect more, or they are paying 100% but, i get only 23% and 77% dissapears in middle way between their wallets and state treasury ?

At the begging of games all countries have so low level of tax efficiency that even if i set taxation slider fully to the right, tooltip says that "effective taxation level" is about 23%. So my question is, how this is felt from POP point of viev, does citizens pay only 23% of thier incomone, because of administration inability to collect more, or they are paying 100% but, i get only 23% and 77% dissapears in middle way between their wallets and state treasury ?
I have wondered this too, I assume the 77% stays with them though: I run at 100% tax most of the time without everyone staving.

In vanilla, they just pay the effective rate. There's no bureaucratic "skimming off the top" or what have you. I talked about this in my (now hopelessly outdated) tutorial. I don't know if it's changed for AHD, but I bet it hasn't.

ok so,im playing as Greece and i went to war with the O.E.It was white peace,and i lost all my fleet.now i cant make any more,it keeps saying it will be done in 120 days but it is never done.i can make forts and ports but not ships,why?

To build them you need certain goods from the world market, you are either not buying them (low national stockpile slider, manual trade enabled), or there's none of them left in the market for you (low scorers buy the last).

What is the difference between establishing a protectorate, puppet, and just outright conquest?

Protectorate and conquest are identical, apart from protectorates are for uncivs and conquest for civilized powers.

Puppets, to the best of my knowledge, give you their economic power, as if they were in your sphere, but remain quasi-independent.

I've just formed the German Empire, including Austria which was in my sphere of influence. I've heard talk that you can form Großdeutschland in name, is this true? Or to call it that would I have to edit some files (I'm a bit of n00b so some help as what to edit would be appreciated).

This is false, you can try to do the same thing that is done when Austria becomes Austria-Hungary, which is create a completely new nation (KUK) based off the old one (AUS).

This would require modding.

You could just change the name of Germany to that if you wanted to.

What determines how much aristocrats pay their RGO workers? Are there any viewable modifiers?

I manage to get the CSA available to release during the 1840s. I release them it jsut that i cant seem to get industry for them even with 1 percetn tax for the rich strata and all 2 of my focus on capitalism even with tariff on 1 percent someone help me please

Influence capitalists?

If you have an interventionist party in power then fund their first couple of projects for them. Capitalists get their money from the profit of your factories, so until you get a couple of factories going industrialisation will be incredibly slow.