• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got my artisans very rich in British SoI as Belgium and Greece, with low taxes and occasional tariff subsidy. Once they find the right product (wine, liquor...), they should be able to sustain themselves.

Is there any way to 'forbid' Artisans from being Artisans? Not quite liberal I know.

You can starve them with taxes and tariffs. Will demote en masse.

That's my second game as USA and I have few more questions:
1. How to maximize chances of random CBs (place in the sun, acquire state) popping up? Does it affect only neighbours?
2. I figured it's a really good idea to stockpile resources used for military and construction. Assuming I produce more cement than I need, can I buy it to stockpile only from my factories? When I set slider to buy 2000 it fills almost immediately and thus I'm helping British economy a lot. (Does stockpile slider or anything else affect rate at which goods are bought?)
3. I conquered half of uncivilized China what increased my average militancy enough to pass a highly desired unemployment subsidies reform. It lowered militancy and 10 years into game, not only Chinese people do not want freedom, they happily help me conquer rest of China (huge soldier POPs). Is this WAD? Nationalist and patriot rebellions were huge pain in EU3, in V2 I fear only communists :)
4. Number 1 of imported goods is liquor but somehow my liquor factories do not sell all their output, how is this possible? (in real life it would mean that imported liquor is cheaper but in V2 I thought prices are the same on internal and world markets). I also have many artisans producing liquor if that matters (it seems that Chinese people that are neither in military nor harvesting tea brew liquor all day long).
5. I've just learned that for lower house people vote by issues not ideology, so how does party loyalty NF work?

Hi. I just won a war against Portugal as Spain and gained their Douro region and some colonial possessions. I have been NFing beaurocrats in Douro to bring the administration efficiency but I have seen minimal progress. Is there anyway to bring it up faster?

You first need a significant percentage of your national culture to be present in the state, because only those guys count as bureaucrats for the efficiency on the state level. Wait till some of Portuguese people assimilate, or for your guys to migrate there, it will take a while, then try again.

Hi. I just won a war against Portugal as Spain and gained their Douro region and some colonial possessions. I have been NFing beaurocrats in Douro to bring the administration efficiency but I have seen minimal progress. Is there anyway to bring it up faster?

NF can actually make it worse, because the huge numbers of Portuguese bureaucrats drive reverse assimilation of your culture bureaucrats.

Guys, I have kind of unexpected question, because I'm almost sure there won't be any answer, but if somebody can answer, it's only on this forum:

Is there any games similar to V2 but about relatively modern era... like post-WW2? I basically want the same as V2 (population mechanics, migration, economy, factories, diplomacy, world map, SoI, wars), but without colonization and cavalry, and with all the new stuff. Any ideas? Maybe even some PI game already has all this, 'cos it's hard to find from the huge list.

Supreme Ruler - Cold War comes to mind.

I have some. What is Germany? Would that be NGF+SGF? And The German Empire? That would be Germany+Austria?

Whether your country is called the empire or not depends on your political system. NGF is all North German culture states + optionally Luxembourg. SGF is Bavaria, Wurtemburg, Baden and that tiny piece of Prussia. Greater Germany is NGF + SGF + Austrian Empire.

No. Substates can only ever become independent if Boxers win and massacre Christians (365 days of occupation of any province by this type of rebels). There's a set of other bad consequences related to sphering the main chunk of China though. Tibet and Korea aren't substates, they are puppets and you can free them by winning a war against China (and it isn't very hard if you happen to have a naval base near them, as the required warscore is very low).

Whether your country is called the empire or not depends on your political system. NGF is all North German culture states + optionally Luxembourg. SGF is Bavaria, Wurtemburg, Baden and that tiny piece of Prussia. Greater Germany is NGF + SGF + Austrian Empire.

Its currently Germany. I am a HM Govmt.

I'd prefer 'The German Empire' though. Too late for that?

Is there an overview of country names and flags per govmt? I'd fancy that.

No. Substates can only ever become independent if Boxers win and massacre Christians (365 days of occupation of any province by this type of rebels). There's a set of other bad consequences related to sphering the main chunk of China though. Tibet and Korea aren't substates, they are puppets and you can free them by winning a war against China (and it isn't very hard if you happen to have a naval base near them, as the required warscore is very low).

Well, that's a shame. I suppose that if a substate civilized and became a GP it still wouldn't become independent?
And what does the "Acquire substate" wargoal do? Can it be used to annex an entire substate (including larger ones like Guangxi and Yunnan), or just to take one state from them?

How am I supposed to increase my administration?

I'm the UK so I have a very large empire (got the whole of south america ontop of the normal British empire) so using national focus is pretty much useless, My admin slider is on 100%, I don't know what else to do. Is there something I can do?

There's a lot of admin tech. But mostly you should only care for the efficiency back home.

Conquer some weak colonials with starting troops before they vanish. And then hope that alliances in Europe allow you to get some of your cores back.

I am thinking of doing a Greece game. Does anyone have some links to some useful help threads? Thanks

easy.let UK sphere you,make alliance and let them fight your wars.quickly wage war on tunisia,johore,algeria or morocco (or any uncivic you want) and they will win the war for you in a month.do it on day 1. then
increase relations with russia,france and austria and when you think you have a strong army wage war on the O.E and call your GP allies (the UK alone is still strong) to help you.if the O.E becomes 'sick' then you might not even have to fight,so wait before you declare war on them.industry is a tough game so gather as much prestige you can to become secondary and start colonizing africa.also make sure to be friendly with the netherlands if you take johore