• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Industrial Score is Measure of output of goods, not number of factories. Make sure your factories are profitable!

gas attack and defense make a huge difference.
It adds, if the enemy hasn't the inventions, 3 to the dices. And the dice + the other effects ( like worse terrain ) are very important and catch up some techs.
It's applied to all troops instantly and it is the most important late military invention.

Oh, I see, thanks. I was afraid I had to worry about wind direction and stuff ;)

Btw, where do you find such information? Are you reading the game files, because I found nothing in the manuals or in the tooltips?

Any quick way for building forts and naval bases in a big country like the USA? I just hate the clicking fest... Any tricks or mods to help me out a bit? And if not please add something to help in the new expansion, either a ledger page for building or a button for to build in the whole state at once.

Any quick way for building forts and naval bases in a big country like the USA? I just hate the clicking fest... Any tricks or mods to help me out a bit? And if not please add something to help in the new expansion, either a ledger page for building or a button for to build in the whole state at once.

I don't think so, although I could be wrong. I'm afraid clickfests are the only way
(at least Capis help with railroads...) You're absolutely right about that, though -- something akin to an EUIII "buildings" ledger page would be a FANTASTIC addition -- could show naval bases, forts, railroads, etc. Maybe in AHD, if we're lucky. :D

I've a few questions myself, actually:

1.) Does Gunboat diplomacy work, or is it bugged? I've never seen the option available, or ever seen the AI use it. This despite the fact that (just for fun) I like to check the "loans given" tab in the budget screen to see who owes me money, but sadly even when a country listed goes bankrupt nothing happens. (I'm still on 1.2, so this may have been fixed in later patches.)

2.) For that matter, how does the National bank play into the game? I always seem to have a veritable ton of wealth in there by the game's end, and usually several nations are deep in debt to me, but I never see any direct effect on gameplay...

3.) (Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.) I'm still on 1.2 (Steam
and whatnot,) and was looking into updating to 1.3 or 1.4b. Are the patches save-game compatible? Has the "colonial bureaucrat" bug been fixed? What about the Jacobin hordes? If not, I can always download a cornucopia of fixpacks.

Really loving the game so far, probably one of my favorites. Looking forward to AHD!

As far as I can see it, 1. and 2. doesn't matter ( that much ). Imho, it's far away from its original idea.

With 1.3. and 1.4. the economy runs far smoother and sowith far less rebels. "colonial bureaucrat" bug ? do you mean, that in colonies, where an alien bureaucrat exists, never a national bureaucrat occur ? this has been fixed*, now there can be several buraucrats by nationality, but if the numbers are low, they still merge to the alien bureaucrat. And as far I know, savegames are compatible, but it isn't wise to do so. There were serveral changes, and so there could be very strange effects in reason of the changes.
Oh and also note, that there is no assimilation in colonies anymore.

I usually do one click/search fest to make sure I'm building stuff in every province, then I just click "go to" when the messages appear telling me something has been built and click the next upgrade build I want. Helps a lot if you're building stuff in the Pacific Islands where it gets hard to find the individual island provinces to click on them since the map snaps to center the province on the screen when you hit "go to" in the message. That's the best help I give you though since there is no global "upgrade all province fortifications/naval bases/railroads" button in the game controls.

how do I get my country to stop exporting a certain material? For example I need iron for my steel factories, but my country is making 64, and exporting 64. The factory is not receiving any steel.

how do I get my country to stop exporting a certain material? For example I need iron for my steel factories, but my country is making 64, and exporting 64. The factory is not receiving any steel.

You can't stop exporting to the SOI market. Your sphere master is probably siphoning off all your iron.

Ok, that does it, some one have to explain to me this god damn thing right now since i can't find any rational explanation to it whatsoever. I've been having enough score to become a GP since the middle of the 1840s, now it's 1890s and am STILL not a GP. I've been everything from 4th to 7th (right now i am 7th in terms of the total score) and all other bloody suckers come and go as GP and i can't become one despite the fact that i have twice their score. So my question is - what's up with that?! It's stupid in the face of it! I have this problem in every of my latest games. Vicious circle...

Last edited:
T
Ok, that does it, some one have to explain to me this god damn thing right now since i can't find any rational explanation to it whatsoever. I've been having enough score to become a GP since the middle of the 1840s, now it's 1890s and am STILL not a GP. I've been everything from 4th to 7th (right now i am 7th in terms of the total score) and all other bloody suckers come and go as GP and i can't become one despite the fact that i have twice their score. So my question is - what's up with that?! It's stupid in the face of it! I have this problem in every of my latest games. Vicious circle...

If you're uncivilized, you can never be a GP. If you are civilized, it's clearly a bug and should be reported; it should take no more than a year (maybe 18 months) for you to become a GP once you have the proper score.

I am civilized. Playing as Danzig. In my other games i eventually got the GP status in 10 years or something but it's been 50 and still nothing. Can i achange it manually then? By editing a save game may be?

I am civilized. Playing as Danzig. In my other games i eventually got the GP status in 10 years or something but it's been 50 and still nothing. Can i achange it manually then? By editing a save game may be?

One state countries can't become GPs. Annex Abu Dhabi ;)

I am having big problems with converting some Colonies to States. In certain provinces, my culture's pop will slowly move there and become a good % of the population after some decades. However, in a lot of provinces, my culture's pop moves there, but I don't gain any of my culture's pop at the destination. Instead my culture apparently goes there to assimilate into the local culture. Consequently, I never reach the 1% culture's pop bureaucrat required to convert to a state. This seems to happen randomly depending on the province. Does anyone know how this works??

How long can I go into debt before it causes bankruptcy? basically what triggers it?

You go bankcrupt once you cant pay your debt interest.