• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has anyone actually checked this for AHD? I thought podcat said supply affected MIL in one of the AHD diary threads.

I tried changing supply consumption for irregulars and it didnt effect military score at all. Only changing attack and defense of units changed the military score.

How does adminstration efficiency affect military spendings?
I guess a high efficiency lowers costs. But does nationwide efficiency count or the efficiency of the region an army is located in?
I've seen that armies far from home are more expensive than thos at home. But is an army in an unciv province even more exdpensive?

And how does a region's administration efficiency (the % number in the upper right corner of the province view) affect this region?

The only way to increase a colony region's administration efficiency is tech, isn't it? As long as no accepted culture is in the colony it seems that even thousands of bureaucrats don't rise it's administration efficiency!

So if there are e.g. 10.000 bureaucrats in a colony and they don't effect (local) administration efficiency (because they don't belong to an accepted culture) - what are they paid for? It seems that they are counted towards this 1% needed nationwide needed for 100% administration efficiency in the finance screen. Seems pointless to me if you can have all you needed bureaucrats in a colony far from home (1% of total population).

I hope somebody has enough insight to explain these things to me. Thank you in advance!

Did the beta changed which POPs affect tech points? Only clergy gives RP now, or do I have to research something to unlock other POPs? Or is my installation FUBAR?

How does adminstration efficiency affect military spendings?
I guess a high efficiency lowers costs. But does nationwide efficiency count or the efficiency of the region an army is located in?
I've seen that armies far from home are more expensive than thos at home. But is an army in an unciv province even more exdpensive?

And how does a region's administration efficiency (the % number in the upper right corner of the province view) affect this region?

The only way to increase a colony region's administration efficiency is tech, isn't it? As long as no accepted culture is in the colony it seems that even thousands of bureaucrats don't rise it's administration efficiency!

So if there are e.g. 10.000 bureaucrats in a colony and they don't effect (local) administration efficiency (because they don't belong to an accepted culture) - what are they paid for? It seems that they are counted towards this 1% needed nationwide needed for 100% administration efficiency in the finance screen. Seems pointless to me if you can have all you needed bureaucrats in a colony far from home (1% of total population).

I hope somebody has enough insight to explain these things to me. Thank you in advance!

If you have 20% of the number of bureaucrats you should for your reforms, then all military expenditure is 80% extra. Salaries is the easiest place to see it. Look on the budget screen. Officers plus soldiers pay will be less than the total if you lack bureaucrats. (if you have 70% then its 30% extra etc.) I think the foreigners count for this though they don't count locally.

Just noticing that the population imbalance in Canada is really noticeable. Until around 1850, French Canadians were the majority of the population of Canada, numbering morethan 650,000 to the 450,000 English Canadians. That doesn't include Acadiens in New Brunswick (who were the majority until around 1875). I'm probably the only one who plaas as Québec -- but is the population going to be balanced out or corrected in a later version of the game?

A few quick ones for a player trying to adapt from EUIII.
If I wipe out the army of an enemy the soliders die from their population right, it's not like EUIII where they quickly replenish?
What does War Exhaustion actually do, and roughly how much will make an enemy (for me the USA, I'm Mexico) want to hurry for peace?
Cores are more fixed than in EUIII from what I gather, but is it possible to: Gain new cores? Remove enemy cores on my nation (Damn USA again)? What do cores do other than CB?

Thanks.

If I wipe out the army of an enemy the soliders die from their population right, it's not like EUIII where they quickly replenish?

They die from your pop but not all. If you research medicine you get some military hospital +1 inventions that make some injured soldiers survive. So losses are only partly taken over to pops.

Cores are more fixed than in EUIII from what I gather, but is it possible to: Gain new cores?

You can gain new cores after Nationalism is researched. I had Luxembourg joining Germany as a new core after some years. But I guess it's hard coded which provinces can become cores of your empire. At least there are some events that give you new cores, depending on the country you play.

I don't know of any use besides getting CBs.

I'm new to this mod, so there's probably an incredibly obvious answer to this, but: How do you get colonists in MEIOU? I have looked at all the sliders, all the ideas, but still can't find anything that gives me colonists, could someone please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks :)

I'm new to this mod, so there's probably an incredibly obvious answer to this, but: How do you get colonists in MEIOU? I have looked at all the sliders, all the ideas, but still can't find anything that gives me colonists, could someone please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks :)

Try the MEIOU sub-forum in the EU3 forum.

They die from your pop but not all. If you research medicine you get some military hospital +1 inventions that make some injured soldiers survive. So losses are only partly taken over to pops.

You can gain new cores after Nationalism is researched. I had Luxembourg joining Germany as a new core after some years. But I guess it's hard coded which provinces can become cores of your empire. At least there are some events that give you new cores, depending on the country you play.

I don't know of any use besides getting CBs.

I think any province can become core of any empire. I have Oporto core of France, for example. But... can cores be lost? I mean, can France lost core on Strassburg? Can Germany lost core on, say Praga if someway he acquire core on it? Can England lost core on Gibraltar? The only one core lost I know is Neuchâtel and it's by decision.
I say it because in my Germany game (I have Bohemia) Austria hasn't got core on Praga, but has core into the others Bohemian provinces. I don't know if Praga is a core at the start, but the another provinces has been Austrian cores since the last 40 years (While Austria doesn't exists anymore)

I think any province can become core of any empire. I have Oporto core of France, for example. But... can cores be lost? I mean, can France lost core on Strassburg? Can Germany lost core on, say Praga if someway he acquire core on it? Can England lost core on Gibraltar? The only one core lost I know is Neuchâtel and it's by decision.

Sweden has a decision to "Abandon Finland" losing its cores there.

I say it because in my Germany game (I have Bohemia) Austria hasn't got core on Praga, but has core into the others Bohemian provinces. I don't know if Praga is a core at the start, but the another provinces still are Austrian cores since the last 40 years (While Austria doesn't exists anymore)

Yes, and with the Treaty of London The Netherlands loses cores on Belgium, but can cores be lost without decision/event?
No. But you can write event simulate to #gain core №2560# event to loose cores if province is not your anymore.

HI,

I didn't play in a while but since I now installed the 1.3 Patch to my Victoria 2, there seems to be very low population growth. As close to none in the first few decades. Is that intented? Seems weird to me.

Thank you for the fast answer. I'am playing as Prussia.
You need to prevent emigration, which you do by keeping CON low, which you do by granting reforms (preferably healthcare but definitely not free press) while the liberal revolutions events keep pushing it up, and once they are over by keeping plenty of clergy and taxes high.

Or just send your troops after them. Serious population growth for a European country requires acquiring new territory.