• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VK2 crash after I bought the house

After I bought the house my game crashes at startup when getting to loading flags. I tried clean reinstall, checked integrity of buffer, restarted computer ...

only game I eve had problems with .. soulution???

Israel might be created without playing as Egypt, i think. Playing as France or UK (i played France), if you get Balfour Declaration, the provinces in the region of Palestine get cores of Israel, then you select Egypt and release it.

I think balfour declaration is open to anyone who spheres Egypt and researchs the revolution and counter revolution tech.

Money back. How?
The technical support do not allow entrance to the bulletin board even if I am logged in, noone gives answer on the quick answer forum to my question above, so how to get my money back. Now both games are ruined.

VK2 crash after I bought the house

After I bought the house my game crashes at startup when getting to loading flags. I tried clean reinstall, checked integrity of buffer, restarted computer ...

only game I eve had problems with .. soulution???

Money back. How?
The technical support do not allow entrance to the bulletin board even if I am logged in, noone gives answer on the quick answer forum to my question above, so how to get my money back. Now both games are ruined.

Money back. How?

Which beta patch do you have?

And you have to register the base Victoria 2 game in addition to the expansion.

ok, i went to: C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\logs
which contained several files. ai/local/random/system_error/error/memory/setup/text/message (all with 0 kb size) and game 7kb/system 7kb/time 4kb.
btw i tryed re-downloading from amazon and the game still crashes. also most of the time i get the crash saying 'send notification/don't send type crash message, but once I got the blue screen which mentioned the file ati2cqag.dll and NON-PAGED AREA. does this indicated anything?
P.S. i can't find anything called support anywhere. could you give me directions please?

Last edited:
War leader is determined by military score, which is in turn determined by lots of stuff like Army/Navy size, mil tech, leaders, etc.
So no, no easy way to change war leader.

Best to play the game like it is designed to: WATCH who's allied with whom and DO your diplomacy ccordingly to avoid a need to cheat your way out of wars ;)

I do not think war leader is calculated by military score. The leader in the war I want to "fix" has a lower military score than at least two countries in the alliance. My experience is that if many GPs are in an alliance together and one of them starts a war - that country becomes leader for the war. If however, a non-GP nation in an alliance starts a war, the war will be lead by the most powerful GP in that alliance.

As for the advice on playing the game like it is designed to. Thank you, but I am not planning to cheat my way out of a war, but rather trying to stay in a war. I am playing an mp game with a friend as Italy and Spain. We've gotten ourselves into a war lead by Germany against Austria and France. AI Germany cannot manage its warfare right, but is helped by me and my friend's glorious campaign against our mutual enemies. Thus we think we are entitled to a piece of both France and Austria as a reward for services rendered, without getting cheated by AI Germany wanting to make peace as soon as its war goals have been met. Yes I know, it is at least some sort of cheating, but it makes our game more fun.

ok, i went to: C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\logs
which contained several files. ai/local/random/system_error/error/memory/setup/text/message (all with 0 kb size) and game 7kb/system 7kb/time 4kb.
btw i tryed re-downloading from amazon and the game still crashes. also most of the time i get the crash saying 'send notification/don't send type crash message, but once I got the blue screen which mentioned the file ati2cqag.dll and NON-PAGED AREA. does this indicated anything?
P.S. i can't find anything called support anywhere. could you give me directions please?

u have registered AHD so you should see tech support thread atop of forum [ http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?545-Victoria-2-Tech-Support]
*actually u need to register base Victoria 2 game too it seems
As for logs, only non-empty logs are potentionally relevant.
As for your specific issue, BSOD(bluescreen) error with said message is indicating a problem with your ATI GFX - most probably unclean/broken driver install. I would recommend cleaning current driver with DriverCleaner or some such then do clean reinstall. (walkthrough for it are abundant on net if needed)

*if running newer windows, dont forget about UAC - if your game is in 'program files', try to move it to another disk/directory and run from there..

Last edited:
I'm about to release Ukranie or Ruthenia, I don't know what to choose. Which are the benefits of releasing one instead of the other?

And why can't I release Hungary if I release Siedelburg (I don't know how to write it).

I'm about to release Ukranie or Ruthenia, I don't know what to choose. Which are the benefits of releasing one instead of the other?

And why can't I release Hungary if I release Siedelburg (I don't know how to write it).

Siberburgen is a member of the Hungarian culture union?(Sort of like you you can't release Germany from Prussia)

Hmmm... Didn't know that.
A question about union tags. If I release Ukrania or Ruthenia... There is something about Russia anexing those countries when manage to sphere them, or did I misunderstood something?
And there is a non 22 badboy way of making dissapear Krakow?

I am stymied in producing the more elite units through lack of liquor. I think my trade settings are correct; there just seems to be a global liquor shortage. I have a number of liquor factories, but they can't seem to keep up with the combined demand of my people and drunken new recruits. How best to deal with these kinds of bottlenecks?

I'm sorry this is going to seem a huge "Point and laugh at this guy" question but I'm just starting as Brazil - 1836 start and can't build any factories... is there anything specific I should be researching? Or politics wise as I also tried a Two Sicilies and compared the two which fromwhat I can see are identical in terms of Govt and I'm sure the only difference is that Brazil is in the New World.

Any help I'd really appreciate it.