• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greece is a really challenging nation, let alone for a first game!
The tutorial suggests Belgium, my personal learner nations were Sweden and the Netherlands.
I played a Sweden game where I didn't do any warmongering, then played a Netherlands game where I took Belgium at the start, then tried to take Indonesia/SE Asia.

I dont know mate,ive only played as Greece mainly and 1 krakow game and as Greece I managed to get all my cores back,be 10th in rank and colonize a 3d of africa.You just have to use the U.K as your b*** and the O.E will fall.

I dont know mate,ive only played as Greece mainly and 1 krakow game and as Greece I managed to get all my cores back,be 10th in rank and colonize a 3d of africa.You just have to use the U.K as your b*** and the O.E will fall.
Success with Greece comes a lot down to luck on the diplomatic side of the game. I've played about 5 Greece games, and only on the last attempt did the chips fall favourabley for me. I kept getting de-sphered from the UK, which means they break the alliance, and the Ottomans love to build up an ahistorical web of alliances: in my last game it was France, Russia and Austria. I was lucky that they had a communist rebellion which wiped them.

I loved my Greece games, but for a first game, not so much.

Playing Persia, managed to Civilise and Industrialise, but want to actually enact some reforms.
I didn't manage to pass a single reform until I recently took the bottom 2 provinces from a War torn Chinese Empire (Silk!), this immediately let me pass one social and one politcal reforms. I assume because the large pops had high MIL from 100% WE?
I chose to enable landed voting, and my government type changed to Prussian constitutionalism, but I still can't choose the Radical party. I want Full Cit/LF without Pacifism.

What do I need to do to enable me to choose Anarcho-Liberal parties? And how shall I go about doing it?
I've had low CON for most of the game, I assume because I NFed a lot of clergy to boost literacy.

Your choice is restricted by where you are on the political reform spectrum but I forget which way round. You either need to roll back to absolute monarchy (take those voting rights away, nice trick if you can manage it without getting the monarchy axed in a rebellion) or keep going to HM (ballot reforms).

As literacy goes up, clergy will become ineffective, so you will get CON eventually.

The POPs probably had high reform desire too but WE does make them extremely uptight when you first acquire them.

Ok, here is a question. What the heck is the point of investing in a nation.

I'm investing in a small nation, I have close to 300k invested in their small one and a half state nation. Austria has NOTHING invested but they share a border with a colony... this nets them almost 4 times the influence speed then my tech and 300k investment does.

So what the heck is the point of my even wasting my money when I see NO return on it in a way of influence

I'm investing in a small nation, I have close to 300k invested in their small one and a half state nation. Austria has NOTHING invested but they share a border with a colony... this nets them almost 4 times the influence speed then my tech and 300k investment does.

So what the heck is the point of my even wasting my money when I see NO return on it in a way of influence

Load up as austria how many points do they have going in/what tech do they have?
How many do you have going in/what tech do you have?
How many countries are you influencing?
How much investing has the small country done in itself?

You gain a very small bonus and give everyone else a modest penalty from investment.

Investment adds to your IND score and relative score affects how much influence you get. This effect will normally be miniscule but is positive.

If a country has investment in it then a penalty is applied to all influencers. The penalty depends on the fraction of the investment you make. The bigger the fraction the lesser the penalty. If the AI isn't investing anything, then as long as you invest something, they take the full penalty and you take no penalty.

Investment really doesn't change the influence game in any way. It just means that by building 1 railway in every country that will let you, you can get a modest extra advantage over the AI. You can't change a situation where you are getting badly beaten by throwing money at it, you either have to stop influencing elsewhere to concentrate on that place or persuade the AI to defend its position somewhere else instead.

In the trade screen, what do the prices colors mean? I acknowledge that arrows up and down next to the price mean that the price is rising or falling, but often the price is in green or red color font. I checked the manual and there's nothing about it.

In the trade screen, what do the prices colors mean? I acknowledge that arrows up and down next to the price mean that the price is rising or falling, but often the price is in green or red color font. I checked the manual and there's nothing about it.

The game sets a base price for everything (which is the price they are at the beginning of the game). Green and red are used to show how high or low they are compared to that price. They won't be coloured if the price is close to base, but if they are high or low, they will.

The game sets a base price for everything (which is the price they are at the beginning of the game). Green and red are used to show how high or low they are compared to that price. They won't be coloured if the price is close to base, but if they are high or low, they will.

Ah, I see. Thanks. :)