• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm building a new unit (Commerce Raider) but I don't produce the necessary goods domestically. I would assume having 100% National Stockpile and an automated trading would get me the necessary goods from the world market quite quickly, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

What am I doing wrong? :closedeyes:

PS: Haven't played Victoria 2 that much. Mostly EU3, so I'm kinda a newbie at this one. ^^

Steamer convoys are a rarity at the start of the game, it may take years before any become available to consumers. Your best bet is to produce it yourself (if you have that option) or to increase your prestige as much as you can.

It's an expansion. That requires the original game.

So it's the same game ... I'm guessing it is just the US Civil War then, or starts in 1861ish ... as an ad on?

There's a new scenario, beginning in 1861, and a lot of other features too (like the culture map mode, CB manufacture). You'll still be able to play the 1836 too.

Oh ... so it's SORT OF like a patch then ... with a bunch of enhancements?
It's basically like most expansions for RTS/strategy
Adds new features, improves on old ones

What's with the "like a patch" thing. I'm guessing every civ expansion ever made is also "like a patch"? Supreme commander forged alliance is also like a patch?

The short version of what's probably coming based on past expansions to paradox games and the dev diaries:
1836 start date probably slightly modified (maybe a new very minor country or two, a few core or border changes)
Some new events of various kinds
Maybe a new trade good or two?
Maybe a new unit type?
New start date in 1861
New Political features and buttons like party loyalty and national focus for party loyalty
New casus belli types
User interface improvements such as new mapmodes, trade screen improved
and more, (go read the dev diaries)
Links to the 4 dev diaries

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?562607-AHD-DD1-%96-A-House-Divided
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?563701-AHD-DD2-–-Railroads-and-Tradegoods
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?564830-AHD-DD3-%96-War-Justifications
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showth...ty-and-National-Focus&p=12983745#post12983745

Last edited:
I unified Italy with the Two Sicilies.
My population:
- in total: 7,01 M
- South Italian: 3,03 M
- North Italian: 1,80 M

I get 2 NF for my South Italian population. How can I get NFs for the North Italians as well?

i unified italy as 2sicilies also, and i believe i saw that north italian became a accepted culture. shouldn't that also go towards your nfs? maybe your nf limit is from the tech tree. even without north ital as accepted, you should still get 3 nfs from south ital culture.

i unified italy as 2sicilies also, and i believe i saw that north italian became a accepted culture. shouldn't that also go towards your nfs? maybe your nf limit is from the tech tree. even without north ital as accepted, you should still get 3 nfs from south ital culture.

No, only your primary culture counts for NF. The North Italians in both situations do not count towards NF.

The tech tree with Nationalism & Imperialism, and some other stuff, does limit it, but when you are limited by primary culture population, the tech makes no difference after that.

I'm thinking of buying Vicky2, and noticed it only costs £2.50 on UK Amazon. It costs €30 on Steam, and €18 on German Amazon. According to the description

Minimum System Requirements
OS Windows XP/Vista/7r> Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD 3500+

so I'm assuming it works with Windows 7, or is there a catch?

I'm thinking of buying Vicky2, and noticed it only costs £2.50 on UK Amazon. It costs €30 on Steam, and €18 on German Amazon. According to the description

It should, I run it under Win7 myself.

I have Windows 7 and it works fine for me; your mileage, of course, may vary.

OK, just a short question about Arabia in the PDM mod.
Playing as Nejd, I've conquered Hail and the starting territories of Hedjaz. Now my question: Do I need the whole part of the Ottoman Empire in the south west of Arabia or is Abha enough? And do I have to control Yemen, Oman, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, too?