• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do i go about getting enough goods to build an army as an uncivilized nation? My Korean standing army has been wiped out by Russia, and i now have 0 troops. I have 15 possible brigades but cant buy the supplies needed, is there anyway to do this?

How do i go about getting enough goods to build an army as an uncivilized nation? My Korean standing army has been wiped out by Russia, and i now have 0 troops. I have 15 possible brigades but cant buy the supplies needed, is there anyway to do this?

Try using NF to promote Artisans, maybe they can build you the stuff you need.

Or try increasing relations with a Great Power. They'll be more encouraged to add you to their SoI, and if you're sphered you'll be part of their internal market.

Playing AHD as Prussia. i have lost 0.5 million of my male population in few years, and it keeps dropping. Its now 1850 and i cant remember time when my population grew aside conquest. It has been a long time since i played vanilla vic2 but i dont recall having similar problem with prussia then. Any ideas how to change this ?

Do RRs increase troop movement speed in AHD?

Playing AHD as Prussia. i have lost 0.5 million of my male population in few years, and it keeps dropping. Its now 1850 and i cant remember time when my population grew aside conquest. It has been a long time since i played vanilla vic2 but i dont recall having similar problem with prussia then. Any ideas how to change this ?
If you go to the population screen and hover over the population of Prussia for a month or so you can see how many pops you're losing per month, it may be due to immigration. High CON pops will immigrate (I believe), liberal revolution of the first 10 years or so may result in negative population growth. Either wait it out or try and reduce CON.

I have a quick question. I've noticed in AHD that prosecuting a war is FAR more expensive (i.e. has a bigger negative impact on my budget) as Britain when I have the Whig Party in power rather than the Conservatives. Is that to do with Laissez-Fair policies or is it to do with anti-military compared to pro-military policies?

I have a quick question. I've noticed in AHD that prosecuting a war is FAR more expensive (i.e. has a bigger negative impact on my budget) as Britain when I have the Whig Party in power rather than the Conservatives. Is that to do with Laissez-Fair policies or is it to do with anti-military compared to pro-military policies?

It has to do with much lower money supply in the add-on, when devs added an economy to the game ;-p suddenly everything became quite expensive. You can cut spending a bit by turning to manual trade of ships and artillery in the Trade screen. You also should be very careful when training more expensive military units, migrating entire country's army to Guards typically is the nail to this country's coffin (unlike in vanilla). Military policy mostly affects mobilization size (beware of Jingo Democracies!).

Whigs (and other yellow) parties don't let you tax people "into space", so they have an effect of magnifying the problem. But you're a monarchy, you can switch to conservatives when you want.

So, what is the best way to "learn" the game? I played the game some months ago and after downloading AHD and starting to play again I ran straight against a wall. At first I tried to play the USA during the Civil war, but had problems winning the war and decided to play something "less actionpacked" and went for Sardinia Piedmonte, but I completely failed in getting GP status and thus could not do anyhting, the factories I built went bankrupt and I did not earn enough money to subsidize them. After that I went for Italy in the AHD scenario, and started building up my Industry but immediately lost my GP status. After that I tried to take some Unciv countries lands but the war bankrupted me. Is there some sort of tutorial which could help me?

Ok, so I have AHD now and a big problem!

A friend of mine has ULLL and I have OJGE... he got it from gamersgate, I got it from Steam.... He has 100 % english version, I have the german version (changed settings.txt to english).

Any idea how to solve that problem? Or can we play the game without having the same checksum?

So, what is the best way to "learn" the game? I played the game some months ago and after downloading AHD and starting to play again I ran straight against a wall. At first I tried to play the USA during the Civil war, but had problems winning the war and decided to play something "less actionpacked" and went for Sardinia Piedmonte, but I completely failed in getting GP status and thus could not do anyhting, the factories I built went bankrupt and I did not earn enough money to subsidize them. After that I went for Italy in the AHD scenario, and started building up my Industry but immediately lost my GP status. After that I tried to take some Unciv countries lands but the war bankrupted me. Is there some sort of tutorial which could help me?

Try the AAR forum. Also, if you want a peaceful game where you remain unharassed, you should try for one of South American democracies, you just sit there and count new immigrants as bonus tax payers.

I wanted to know the reason why alliances seem to dissolve without any notification at all. For example recent game I allied with one country from the start of the game, then the next minute (1848) I find out that I am no longer in alliance with the same country -- this is without notification. Why is this please?

In other words, what event(s) cause alliance to break up?

Thanks.

edit: @stnikolauswagne: I would also suggest that you take a look at the wiki (when it is fixed - it's giving me errors @ paradoxian.org) for country guides which give some useful strategies and techs to research if you are stuck :)

Hi all,

Bought V2 and AHD off of Steam Today. Really excited -- the game is really interesting and is exactly what I've been looking for in a game for a long time.

I'm a bit confused about the economy though. I'm playing as Belgium and my Concrete factory is having some issues. Some days the majority of the cement it produces doesn't sell and the factory takes a huge loss. This is making the factory on the verge of shutting down. I don't really know why this is happening though -- on the trade screen cement is in high demand and the entirety of the supply is being bought each day. Not to mention my own factories need cement, yet they're not using any produced by my own factory. Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Thanks.

No tariffs. I produce some coal, but I think the factory is buying some off of the World Market.

The factory says it DOES produce the cement, so I wouldn't think it would be a supply issue. It says it produced X units of cement yesterday, but it only sold Y of them.

the number next to the arrow is the change in the factories budget, per level a factor budget is capped at 1000, the excess going to cappies
your factory still has 600K n the 'bank' before it will ask for subsidies, research input reducing techs might help reduce the high cost of iron and steal?

edit:yeah it looses 2K some where