• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The states were made that way though partially because of the level of industrialization and population in them, and the accepted cultures I dont really know, you know you can mod all of this really easily though.

Oh, I do know, but one of the main reasons I post here is I know the devs and what not look here and problems wont get fixed if people dont mention them.

I understand completly that in the beginning California as a nation would be such a small pop but its about 40 years in and thanks to mass immigration and reforms I have a good 7 million or so people in California. Maybe there should be some system implimented to allow for a break up of single state nations like this into more then one state.

OR

Because they dont want the small german states to become world powers make there be a province limit, Cali has I think 6, maybe make it if you have to have already 4 or 5 to become a world power, would limit the german states from becoming world powers while allowing other large area single state nations to become a world power.

Here's a quick one for you experts:

Situation: I'm France allied to Two Sicilies. Two Sicilies drags me into a pointless war against Egypt. I don't really want to, but I accept their call since I don't want to lose prestige. I assume leadership of the war.

Question: Can I white peace this war immediately and get away with it without a prestige loss or any other penalty?

Here's a quick one for you experts:

Situation: I'm France allied to Two Sicilies. Two Sicilies drags me into a pointless war against Egypt. I don't really want to, but I accept their call since I don't want to lose prestige. I assume leadership of the war.

Question: Can I white peace this war immediately and get away with it without a prestige loss or any other penalty?

Two Sicilies will get hit with the penalties, since they started the war.

You take penalties if you fail to fulfil war goals. Since you have no war goals, there is no penalty for a WP. However, you may have trouble getting the Egyptians to accept WP until you have beaten them up a bit.

Quick answer: I can't see the launcher window. How can I fix it?

how can i change my history files? i have tried to do so but it says to me the access is denied

It's probably because of the UAC. Just right click on the main Vic 2 folder and make it so it and all files in it are eligible to be edited.

Here is a thing I cannot understand. I play Sweden which produces some coal. I have a couple of factories which use coal as input, but according to my trade window, all coal produced is exported, nothing goes to domestic. I am a GP so not sphered.

I assume all of the world's coal goes to the world market and then gets distributed according to prestige. But If I have tarrifs, this means that I penalize my factories?? It's kinda stupid, because I produce the inputs already in my own country.

Here is a thing I cannot understand. I play Sweden which produces some coal. I have a couple of factories which use coal as input, but according to my trade window, all coal produced is exported, nothing goes to domestic. I am a GP so not sphered.
If you aren't subsidizing your factories, it's possible for them to not have funds on hand to buy their inputs.

If you aren't subsidizing your factories, it's possible for them to not have funds on hand to buy their inputs.

Sure, but my factories do not have that problem. It seems they import the coal from abroad, instead of using the one produced by my RGO.

Sure, but my factories do not have that problem. It seems they import the coal from abroad, instead of using the one produced by my RGO.

Is your military or your POPs using up all of your coal?

Is your military or your POPs using up all of your coal?

Neither; according to the trade screen, it is all exported.

EDIT: I meant production screen, apologies.

v210y.jpg

Last edited:
Why is the modern maple leaf flag only available for Canada as a presidential dictatorship and not democracy?

I'd like to add the question 'how do computers get CBs so often. I start the game as England, colonize the two bits of Canada I can right away and liberate Canada and 'play as' within 20 seconds Russia declares war on me for British Columbia without getting any bad boy.

Last edited:
So I botched my attempt to install PDM, which is less vexing than being able to find my Germany save game. When I start up Victoria 2 from the folder that I copied PDM over and try to go to the world map from the 'single-player' button, all I get is a map with an outline of the world map. It seems the game failed to create the world. Anyway I can load my Germany game but this situation is not playable. When I check the save game folder in the game file I can't find my Germany save, only saves from an older game. In addition the copy of my Victoria 2 folder I put aside only has the older saves as well. SO my question is where could these saves possibly be stored that isn't in the save games folder? Somehow they survived my writing Victoria 2 over with PDM, and I want to find them! :wacko:

Last edited:
This sounds like a Windows installation in C:/Program Files. You need to find your "compatibility files"; that's where the mapcache is kept (clear it) and the save games too. More information in the tech support forum.

I am a small producer currently of luxury clothes. I am trying to build military units but they are not getting nuilt as there is a shortage of luxury clothes. Onmy ptoduction screen it says factories are producing 0.68 untis, 0.68 sold on domestic and 0.68 sold on export. RGO production is 0.5 all on domestic market. Is there anyway to make this go to the military so i can finish building guard units?

Two Sicilies will get hit with the penalties, since they started the war.

You take penalties if you fail to fulfil war goals. Since you have no war goals, there is no penalty for a WP. However, you may have trouble getting the Egyptians to accept WP until you have beaten them up a bit.

Thanks a bunch! I guess I could 'help' the Sicilians with a little naval blockade of Egypt.

Whilst I, as the USA was battling against France, United Kingdom, Russia and Spain throughout the Caribbean, South America and North America for Cuba as part of the Ostend Manifesto, and also whist consolidating some more South American spheres, I noticed that Mexico became Empire of Mexico and had a new flag -- what is this about? How did it happen. I was too busy to notice. Does this mean they want to reclaim "their" lands?

Whilst I, as the USA was battling against France, United Kingdom, Russia and Spain throughout the Caribbean, South America and North America for Cuba as part of the Ostend Manifesto, and also whist consolidating some more South American spheres, I noticed that Mexico became Empire of Mexico and had a new flag -- what is this about? How did it happen. I was too busy to notice. Does this mean they want to reclaim "their" lands?
If the right kind of revolution happens in Mexico, it will become the "Empire of Mexico", as per the Second Mexican Empire.

In PDM and I think vanilla too there's a bug where Japanese pops convert to Ainu stupidly fast. I want to remedy this by changing all Ainu pops to Japanese. Where do I find the files, and can I make this edit to a savegame?