• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Access to subforums has been restricted since Diplomacy -- before HoI3, even before EU3. It's pretty simple, just please register your game and everyone is happy! :)

Does the incom that factories make go straight to the goverment? or is it only if it is owned by the goverment and if its owned by capatitalists it goes to them? if so does the goverment get a portion of the profit in the form of tax is that included in the rich strata tax rate?

Does the incom that factories make go straight to the goverment? or is it only if it is owned by the goverment and if its owned by capatitalists it goes to them? if so does the goverment get a portion of the profit in the form of tax is that included in the rich strata tax rate?

No income goes to the government. The factory profits are split between the workers (clerks and craftsmen), and the capitalists. I do not know the exact splitting measure, though.

If you want to get money, you'll have to tax the workers (or the capitalists) of that factory! :)

No income goes to the government. The factory profits are split between the workers (clerks and craftsmen), and the capitalists. I do not know the exact splitting measure, though.

If you want to get money, you'll have to tax the workers (or the capitalists) of that factory! :)

I tend to tax workers and middle class only, since I want capitalist to have lots of money to spend making even more factories.

oh.. i always thought that green number underneath the factory showed the money the goverment were making from it or something :S so even if you have state capatalism/planned economy and you build the factory, you still dont get the money?

oh.. i always thought that green number underneath the factory showed the money the goverment were making from it or something :S so even if you have state capatalism/planned economy and you build the factory, you still dont get the money?

No, though they do force you to have a certain minimum taxation through which you get money.

Nope, the money goes to the workers, and you then get the money by taxing them :) the green number simply indicates whether or not the factory you're looking at is making a profit :)

Why don't you just register the game?

Well, I don't want to. I might sell my copy in the future, and the forum rules themselves recommend not registering if planning to sell one's copy. Surely someone else will check out this bug themselves and post about it in the bug report section, unless it has already been covered. I'm just surprised that even as of 1.3 they still haven't fixed this bug. Maybe it hasn't been noticed.

It's pretty simple, just please register your game and everyone is happy! :)

I think everyone will be happy to have this bug fixed. I hope it has already been covered in the bug report section. If not, would someone please go ahead and do so?

Last edited:
Changing Political Parties

In for example, a HM's goverment, how much militantcy does changing political party cause? does it deppend on how popular the party is?

Can anyone tell me wich South/Latin American country that have the biggest chance to get immigrants ?

From game start: Chile and possibly Colombia, I think.

Can anyone tell me wich South/Latin American country that have the biggest chance to get immigrants ?

Basically the Democracies, so Equador, Venezuela, Colombia, USCA and Chile. I don´t know whether prestige plays any role in immigration, but Chile starts off at a way better civilised position (Like the 26th power instead of 40-some). Chile also always seems to get Gold Rush, which brings in tons of immigrants too. As far as I know you're best off playing Chile :)

As Transvaal, my armies lose thousans of men, even if they just march somewhere.
Like 5000 a time. When I attacked Portugal I moved my 54000 army 4 regions south.

there were 16000 left.

help!

You sir are the victim of Attrition :)
Every province has a supply limit that states how many thousands of soldiers can survive properly there. If you go over that limit a percentage of your army dies every month. To circumvent this you should research medicine techs (each improves supply limit by 25% I think) and split up your armies so you stay below the limit.

Keep in mind, the limit is WAY lower in enemy territory!

Suez again. When does the option to build the canal appear? I have Egypt sphered but I think there is some tech level that needs to be reached before that option is there. What is it?

The game just answered this question for me as the option popped up. It's 1851, says besides needing to either own Suez or have the owner in your sphere, you need iron steamers, nitroglycerin, and machine tools.

I have played as and modernized Punjab and raised a massive army, industry and I am very prestigious and I have occupied all of British India and it didn't give me a war score because Britain was so big each province was worth 0.0 or barely higher but I did win every battle and had a 25 war score from battles but unless you occupy territory that 25 is worthless but again I occupied all of British India and unlike Russia they don't give up unless you earn a war score from occupying. So I guess my question is how can I boot the Brits so India can be unified?

National Focus question. It says that from Technology I got 5 NF points however i got only 3 to use and it's been like that for ages; so my question goes does NF points depend on something else as well, not only technology? cheers

It also depends on how many people you have in your population of your Primary Culture. You can use one of the available NF points for each million of Primary Culture population, if more than one is available. Your Primary Culture population must be between 3 and 4 million if it allows you to use 3 out of 5. You can check this by bringing up the tooltip where it shows you how many NF points you are using--just hover your cursor there.

Lack of ability to use NF points is frustrating for countries that have large populations but only a small proportion is Primary Culture, and for various possible reasons a lot of assimilation is not taking place.

Hi guys,

I started this game just today and opted for my favourite country, Switzerland, hoping to be able to annex later some close regions like aosta or baden... Problem is that after 2 years of industrialisation, and without being agressive in any way, Piedmont declares war, followed by France. No way to resist, I have to accept losing eastern Switzerland.

Is that a normal behaviour of the game, Piedmont attacks Switzerland so early?