• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I am playing as Persia and there was a massive rebellion. My government type is... Presidential dictatorship I think, and the flag is Modern Iran's... but the nation name is still Persia. What/where is the file I need to edit to set it to change that name on the change?

Ok, I am playing as Persia and there was a massive rebellion. My government type is... Presidential dictatorship I think, and the flag is Modern Iran's... but the nation name is still Persia. What/where is the file I need to edit to set it to change that name on the change?
You need to add a line to your choice of the localization files:

PER_presidential_dictatorship;Iran;Iran;Iran;;Iran;;;;;;;;;x

Howcome when i declare war to "Establish Protectorate" it annexes the country when im done with the war. Or sometimes when you start a war trying to make a colony it annexes as well. Should it make a vassal? not completely Annex?

In a strictly historical sense, you're right. In a gameplay sense, you aren't. Establish Protectorate is used to annex uncivs (vs. civs) and "place in the sun" takes territory and makes it a colony. It's working as designed.

Rebels can be from any pop type, while armies have to be soldiers.

They shouldnt be more organized than a professional army, I can always beat them with even numbers.

I think my problem might also have something to do with my other problem.

My armies seemed to have an org rate of .0000001 they would sit around for years and never get their org out of their red. I had all but the last tech (great war experience) I was at peace... I dont know, none of my armies would get ANY organization.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Also, on that rebel front... my nation has 3.5million people I have had, within two years, more then a million rebel soldiers pop up...

Lastly I have a question. Basically... what the heck is happening here? Nothing happens if I move troops into that spot, if I open it for them, if I completely surround them, if I surround them and put people on that spot, nothing.

99C304FC54A1695568ECB1D0A93A31200432C343

3B5237E90BADA7B922236B8D89A418172F9A3E73

what was your national spending at, that determines how much goods an army can get, so its organization level.

Are you getting the goods you need? mouse over the military spending above national spending to see if you are getting what you need. You really should try PDM, it fixes most of the things you have problems with.