• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why does many asians and africans migrate to europe one province in switzerland had 30% japanese and germany had very much chinese as did all european nations exept mine (Italy) when i got to the year 1910.
This is annoying Europe was probably 99 % white in real life by that years :S

I've been playing the game for awhile, but I two questions.
-I've read somewhere that if the lower classes are getting their luxury goods, they start to migrate out. Is this true? I'm playing a highly socially reformed communist Ireland, and a good 70% of them are getting luxury goods.
-How do I check immigration/emigration flows? I'm gaining population, but I don't know how many are from births, how many are from immigrants etc. I'd think many of them would be, as I have a fairly large immigrant attraction, though I am communist....

I've been playing the game for awhile, but I two questions.
-I've read somewhere that if the lower classes are getting their luxury goods, they start to migrate out. Is this true? I'm playing a highly socially reformed communist Ireland, and a good 70% of them are getting luxury goods.
-How do I check immigration/emigration flows? I'm gaining population, but I don't know how many are from births, how many are from immigrants etc. I'd think many of them would be, as I have a fairly large immigrant attraction, though I am communist....
Check the population page. There are all sorts of tooltips on it which have the sort of information you want.
Getting luxuries does not directly lead to emigration, but CON does, and getting luxuries leads to increasing CON.

Tried the demo:
My armies would not regenerate Organisation. So what gives with that?

I clicked on the button to build a factory and it lets me put it in the queue but construction does not begin. What could be preventing the factory's construction?

I clicked on the button to build a factory and it lets me put it in the queue but construction does not begin. What could be preventing the factory's construction?

You don't have the materials necessary to build the factory (cement, machine tools, whatever). They're being bought.

Maybe you had a general with terrible morale stats.

Maybe but seemed more than that. Put it on max speed and no regeneration, for any of the armies even without generals. Struggled to manually change general too.
As nobody has mentioned that I'm not doing something tht that I should be then I guess it's a corrupt instal.

Anyway, apart from that I enjoyed then demo. So will look to pick Vic 2 up, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't any radical shift in org regain mechanics.

In that case you could be missing supplies. No supply means no regain in org. If you have no small arms and canned food production or no prestige to buy it, or have set the stockpile slider to zero either in general or for the particular goods your troops need, then no regain in org. No general in the army will slow it, but you need a general with worse morale than that to stop it completely.

Am trying to civ Persia. Have the prestige and techs, just need military score but i am struggling to get over 40. have mil spending at 100% recruiting loads of generals but they keep dying. If i build any more men of war will go bankrupt. Any help?

Also do frigates build military score?

Cheers

Navies can be a very good way to build military score. Yes they do.

Negligible, at best. I'm not sure right now, but if frigates add Mil score, it's so small, you really won't notice it. MoW give Mil score for sure, and their contribution is basically "nothing" as well.

Hmm, so no easy way to build it up to 50. Have had the other requirements for civ for 4 years, just cant raise the ML. Goes up then the genetrals die. Got it to 50 by going to war but when peace broke out it dropped again.

Its an pseudo-exploit, but if you had it at 50 during wartime, pause the game, accept peace and civilize, all before you unpause.

In that case you could be missing supplies. No supply means no regain in org. If you have no small arms and canned food production or no prestige to buy it, or have set the stockpile slider to zero either in general or for the particular goods your troops need, then no regain in org. No general in the army will slow it, but you need a general with worse morale than that to stop it completely.

Ahh, that would explain it. Thank you The Arch Mede.
I had indeed turned my general stockpile funding low, and had not set any specific for small arms, or canned food. Will watch my supplies closely later when I fire it up again.

Am trying to civ Persia. Have the prestige and techs, just need military score but i am struggling to get over 40. have mil spending at 100% recruiting loads of generals but they keep dying. If i build any more men of war will go bankrupt. Any help?

Also do frigates build military score?

Cheers

Only capital ships count towards MIL.

Nothing for frigates. MoW, then Ironclad, then Dreadnought. You need massive numbers of MoW to get any MIL, ironclads start to get noticeable (0.5to 1 MIL per ship) and dreadnoughts rule (about 20MIL each at top tech).

I'm going to start another Japan game (it was my first country to learn the game), but this time, as I know most of the game mechanics, I'm going to be as much efficient in my moves as possible. Should I NF bureaucrats or clergymen first?

EDIT: I have read THIS post and I now think it's better to NF bureaucrats first, but have another question. Does the percentage of bureaucrats in the country or in the state affect the promotion rate?

Last edited:
I'm going to start another Japan game (it was my first country to learn the game), but this time, as I know most of the game mechanics, I'm going to be as much efficient in my moves as possible. Should I NF bureaucrats or clergymen first?

EDIT: I have read THIS post and I now think it's better to NF bureaucrats first, but have another question. Does the percentage of bureaucrats in the country or in the state affect the promotion rate?
-

That's an interesting question. I don't know if it's the percentage of bureaucrats in the country or the state, but I could perform a simple test to find out a bit later. Note that even those were my findings, I tend to NF clergy first and not bureaucrats under most circumstances.

'Most circumstances' mean a typical European country, which already has at least a few Beaurocrats, doesn't it? In the case of Japan NF on Beaurocrats may be better because all Japanese states have 0.1% Beaurocrats in 1836.