• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question of my own - how can I speed along the industrialisation process? I have my taxes set high to keep the poor high and make the rich poor, I have my soldier budget low to get soldiers into craftsmen and I have my national focus set on craftsmen in my most populous state, but the process is still very slow. Perhaps 100-200 new craftsmen per month..

A question of my own - how can I speed along the industrialisation process? I have my taxes set high to keep the poor high and make the rich poor, I have my soldier budget low to get soldiers into craftsmen and I have my national focus set on craftsmen in my most populous state, but the process is still very slow. Perhaps 100-200 new craftsmen per month..

Don't spam the forum with multiple copies of the same post.

Can't say about Byzantium, but Yugoslavia and Greece don't.

That's a start! I haven't really played Greece much yet, so I don't know exactly where the Megali Idea and Byzantium takes you core-wise.

The thing is, I wanted to play a co-op game with my friend, so I figured Greece and Serbia would be perfect in an attempt to dismantle the Ottoman Empire and create Byzantium and Yugoslavia. The only thing that would ruin it a little is if Byzantium suddenly has cores in Yugoslavia. I guess we'll just give it a try anyway, but for now we're playing a co-op Persia-Afghanistan game instead. :)

Ok, here is a quick question.

Anarcho Liberals, description says 'fighting for their personal freedoms' so I think... ok, maybe this will be people pushing for a democracy or a HM gov... I delete my soldiers, let them take over... DICTATORSHIP! All reforms rolled back, no more voting, everything censored... uh... how is this fighting for their personal freedom?

Anarcho-Liberals dont make very much sense, they seem like they would be extreme liberals, but they make a capitalist dictatorship.

Again, play PDM, it fixes this.

I would say Belgium, you might want to read some AARs or look at Lets Plays first, and focus on industry and craftsmen. If Britain doesn't ally both of you you can attack netherlands for colonies and states. You can become a great power pretty quickly. Then, expand in Africa, and get ready to colonize. You might want Korea too.

Is Austria the only country that can create the SGF, or can I pick Bavaria and form an third german power?

I want to change the infamy added for a war goal to 0. Mainly, I want to see what would happen if the world just went berzerk. What line in cb_types to modify?

edit, also, any way to reduce a truce to 1 day?

If your population is more Jingoistic does that give you more casus belli-giving events? (and does Anti Military give you less?)

I've noticed I rarely get any (at least compared to EU3). In my Transvaal game I got one on Portugal and GB both; in my Belgium one I haven't gotten any. What's more is I've seen lots of posts about playing as Belgium where you are encouraged to take Dutch territories/colonies in the inevitable wars they declare on you, but I've never gotten a legitimate way to do so. Any tips?

Last edited:
What is the best way to get clerks? I have tried prompting them with NFs but I am still not getting very many.

If your population is more Jingoistic does that give you more casus belli-giving events? (and does Anti Military give you less?)

I've noticed I rarely get any (at least compared to EU3). In my Transvaal game I got one on Portugal and GB both; in my Belgium one I haven't gotten any. What's more is I've seen lots of posts about playing as Belgium where you are encouraged to take Dutch territories/colonies in the inevitable wars they declare on you, but I've never gotten a legitimate way to do so. Any tips?

Yes to your first question. It's not that anti-militarism excludes you any more than pro-military or pacifism, but that jingoism either increases MTTH (mean time to happen) or is a prerequisite for certain CBs.

I've not played as Belgium, but I have played as the Netherlands. The Netherlands has a decision where it renounces all Dutch cores on Belgian territory; could you have triggered a similar decision for Belgium? If not, you should be able to take Dutch territories in mainland Europe, but not necessarily colonies with no infamy.

I want to change the infamy added for a war goal to 0. Mainly, I want to see what would happen if the world just went berzerk. What line in cb_types to modify?

Code:
	INFAMY_ADD_TO_SPHERE = 2,
	INFAMY_RELEASE_PUPPET = 0.5,
	INFAMY_DISARMAMENT = 5,
	INFAMY_REPARATIONS = 5,
	INFAMY_TRANSFER_PROVINCES = 3,
	INFAMY_PRESTIGE = 2,
	INFAMY_CONCEDE = 1,
	INFAMY_STATUS_QUO = 0,
	INFAMY_ANNEX = 10,
	INFAMY_DEMAND_STATE = 5,

None of the lines in cb_types.txt, it can be found in defines.lua.
edit, also, any way to reduce a truce to 1 day?

Not to one day, but it can be reduced to one month:
Code:
BASE_TRUCE_MONTHS = 60

Also found in defines.lua.

Change what's written here to whatever you like.

...but that jingoism either increases MTTH (mean time to happen) ...

That would make it less common - don't you mean the opposite?

Last edited:
I've not played as Belgium, but I have played as the Netherlands. The Netherlands has a decision where it renounces all Dutch cores on Belgian territory; could you have triggered a similar decision for Belgium? If not, you should be able to take Dutch territories in mainland Europe, but not necessarily colonies with no infamy.
Belgium doesn't have any cores outside its own starting borders. You have to suck up the infamy (or get a lucky CB event) if you want to expand.