+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 305 FirstFirst ... 10 35 60 85 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 135 160 185 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 6095

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How do I annex uncivilised countries with less infamy? (Without AHD)

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by valtteri771 View Post
    How do I annex uncivilised countries with less infamy? (Without AHD)
    Use the "Establish Protectorate" War Goal.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Just got this rather scary looking event, why does it look so different? Is it the start of a chain or something?

http://i.imgur.com/msejr.jpg

HoI AnthologyDeus VultDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    How do I find out what Techs and or types of units a country has? Crucial to making a War Decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hootieleece View Post
    How do I find out what Techs and or types of units a country has? Crucial to making a War Decision.
    On the diplomacy page where you can see their number of units, I think click the nation, then diplomacy, then show wars tab. Hover over the number of brigades and it will tell you how many army techs they have. Not exactly which though, for that you need to load as them.

I'm so sorry, I got to around page 10 before I gave up looking for my answer.

I'm playing as Hawaii in my first ever game of Victoria II and after annexing Brunei, Johore and South Vietnam I keep getting randomly annexed by France. I'm not in its sphere of influence and they haven't declared war on me, all I know is around 1890 there's a game over screen with 'Annexed'. I'm only assuming it's France because just before I see that screen my provinces turn a nice shade of blue. What can I do to stop this happening?

If it helps, I've discovered that the US influence on Hawaii rises incredibly high (last I checked it was around 80 and rising) so it could be the US annexing me. If that is the case then how do I stop the US?

... This question could be a thread, couldn't it? Hmph.

Oh, oh, and while we're at it, is there a way of acquiring a casus belli or do they appear at random? Waiting for infamy to go down takes so very long...
    Last edited by Odgical; 30-06-2012 at 01:13.

What are the triggers for the American annexation of Hawaii and the Alaska purchase?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Odgical View Post
    I'm so sorry, I got to around page 10 before I gave up looking for my answer.

I'm playing as Hawaii in my first ever game of Victoria II and after annexing Brunei, Johore and South Vietnam I keep getting randomly annexed by France. I'm not in its sphere of influence and they haven't declared war on me, all I know is around 1890 there's a game over screen with 'Annexed'. I'm only assuming it's France because just before I see that screen my provinces turn a nice shade of blue. What can I do to stop this happening?

If it helps, I've discovered that the US influence on Hawaii rises incredibly high (last I checked it was around 80 and rising) so it could be the US annexing me. If that is the case then how do I stop the US?

... This question could be a thread, couldn't it? Hmph.

Oh, oh, and while we're at it, is there a way of acquiring a casus belli or do they appear at random? Waiting for infamy to go down takes so very long...
    Have you patched your game? Its the US that does this, France does a similar thing to Madagascar, but they had ai only conditions added to stop this happening to players.

If you don't want to patch your game, the line that needs to be in there (find the annex hawaii decision in the ACW file in the decisions folder) is
    HAW = { ai = yes }

Are there any benifts (like events tied to it) to taking libertine culture when you get the temperance league event,

Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    Have you patched your game? Its the US that does this, France does a similar thing to Madagascar, but they had ai only conditions added to stop this happening to players.

If you don't want to patch your game, the line that needs to be in there (find the annex hawaii decision in the ACW file in the decisions folder) is
    HAW = { ai = yes }
    You sexy man, I thought I'd installed the patch but it turns out I was wrong. Hopefully I won't have to come back. Thanks so much!

HoI AnthologyDeus VultDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Questions of the Day:How do I get Aeroplane,Auto, electrical gear, Fuel Factorys in US? The capitalists just keep building the same crappy factories.There are no projects to invest in anymore.I can build those factories in my sphere. The year is 1896 and I have the techs. My ruling party is interventionist.(Democrats)

I fight a war every 5 years with Ottomans over some Egyptian Land, Getting tired of just white peacing out.Should I just add war goals and enforce upon victory?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Hootieleece View Post
    Questions of the Day:How do I get Aeroplane,Auto, electrical gear, Fuel Factorys in US?
    Use national focuses "Encourage XXX industry". Then cancel (tick X immediately when it starts building after being funded) until they start a project which you like.
    It might take several tries - often they insist on building crap even if you suggest otherwise. This is because encouragement only adds something like +10% bonus to that option being selected. (you need the usual: available space for a factory, capitalists and some unemployed craftsmen for this to happen - capis most likely have no problems with money at this time of the game, unlike at the start of industrializing)

I usually immediately forfeit cores to Ottomans on behalf of Egypt. They would lose anyway - and be more susceptible to rebellions without an army. They also only manage one war goal this way instead of taking more of the Levant at once.
    That is almost like what happened in reality. British led GP's propped up Ottos. Egyptians were already stopped short at Egyptian–Ottoman War (1831–1833). Half a decade later Syria was lost.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptia...%E2%80%931833)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Turko-Egyptian_War
    Last edited by magitsu; 30-06-2012 at 18:33.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In the production tab it's said how much my farmers/artesans/craftmen produce. When I put the mouse on the icons, it tells me how much it is sold in domestic and in export. Why do the numbers don't match? I thought that putting all together the domestic sold goods with the exported goods should have as a result the production number. I guess I'm wrong...what do those numbers refer to?

I understand that the number of the addition of domestic sold and exported is smaller than the production number, as it can be that I don't sell all my good... but why it is sometimes bigger? How can I sell more products than I produce?

Corporal
    Crusader Kings II

I know it will sound like a noob question but I am playing as Sweden and Sardinia-Piedmont just defaulted on my debt. How do I use gunboat diplomacy? (I have AHD)

Thanks in advance!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Ampelos View Post
    I know it will sound like a noob question but I am playing as Sweden and Sardinia-Piedmont just defaulted on my debt. How do I use gunboat diplomacy? (I have AHD)

Thanks in advance!
    You declare war on them with your freebie repay debts CB.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Playing with Johore:

- Minimal taxes
    - Maximum education, admnistration, stockpile, payment to soldiers.

Why people continue living with only the life needs and i continue losing pop?

They probably cannot buy find the goods they want on the market due to low prestige.

hello i whant to start an AAR but i havent got aclue on how to get images into it because it seems you cant copy and paste the images in, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by spiller68 View Post
    hello i whant to start an AAR but i havent got aclue on how to get images into it because it seems you cant copy and paste the images in, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Take your pictures, using f11, Print Screen or cmd-shift-3. Use a photo editing program if you need to (putting them into .jpg is recommended to save on space). Then use a service such as photobucket or imageshack to upload them on the web. Copy the code required (photobucket: "IMG code", imageshack: "Forum Code") into a document somewhere. Write the words, then copy the whole thing and post it on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Take your pictures, using f11, Print Screen or cmd-shift-3. Use a photo editing program if you need to (putting them into .jpg is recommended to save on space). Then use a service such as photobucket or imageshack to upload them on the web. Copy the code required (photobucket: "IMG code", imageshack: "Forum Code") into a document somewhere. Write the words, then copy the whole thing and post it on the forum.
    im trying this now and its just saying its loading but seriously why couldent thi site allow the good old fashion copy and paste. trying this on imageshack

EDIT never mind ive fixed it.
    Last edited by spiller68; 08-07-2012 at 18:26.

+ Reply to Thread