+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 326 FirstFirst ... 14 39 64 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 114 139 164 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 6511

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by mh8780 View Post
    Hello, I play Eu3. I am about to buy Victoria 2, and I was wondering; Do I buy Victoria 2 and A house divided or I would just buy A house divided?
    You have to buy the base game. AHD is just an expansion, not a compilation. (its the equivalent of EU3 NA, not EU3 complete)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

About AHD - I've got Friesland and the Gederland regions taken from Netherlands as Belgium and they've got only one state left - Holland, yet in "justify war" section I see "Acquire state" CB being available, considering the fact that Holland is their capital region and can't be normally taken.

Does this mean that, if it's the last state (non-colony, Netherlands still has Indonesia & Guayana left), I can still request it in a war?

What is the best and fastest way to get colonies into states? I can't seem to get my POPs to move to them

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Why when I hover my mouse over a province, it says completely different supply limit from what I see when my troops arrive into the province? Like the province has supply limit of 3 when I hover my mouse over it with my army selected, but when it arrives, the supply limit goes up to around 17.

Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

I have 2 games in a row where the Congo event didn't fired.
    In both games, I fully colonized the whole of Africa to myself.
    Is that the norm in AHD, I am playing V. 2.21.
    Thank you.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    What is the best and fastest way to get colonies into states? I can't seem to get my POPs to move to them
    Apart from using NFs to promote bureaucrats, there isn't much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricox View Post
    Why when I hover my mouse over a province, it says completely different supply limit from what I see when my troops arrive into the province? Like the province has supply limit of 3 when I hover my mouse over it with my army selected, but when it arrives, the supply limit goes up to around 17.
    The supply limit you're seeing on the tooltip is unaffected by your tech, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by paulthebug View Post
    I have 2 games in a row where the Congo event didn't fired.
    In both games, I fully colonized the whole of Africa to myself.
    Is that the norm in AHD, I am playing V. 2.21.
    Thank you.
    If I'm not mistaken, if Congo is already owned by somebody, there's no Congo Event.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    It depends what patch you are playing. It can be pretty much impossible to do if you aren't playing an early version.

Take a look at the pop types file in the common folder to see the things which increase colonial migration. Increase them.

Take a look at the things in the files in the pop types folder that increase the desirability of provinces as migration targets. Increase them.

Wait.

If you only have right cultured bureaucrats, use NF to force assimilate via promotion. If you only have wrong cultured bureaucrats don't use NF because it will cause reverse assimilation.

Does artillery fire over other artillery (IE if you have arty in both the front line and the back line in a battle)
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Irsh Faq View Post
    Does artillery fire over other artillery (IE if you have arty in both the front line and the back line in a battle)
    I SERIOUSLY doubt that...

I play france and all the italians nations are in my sphere + the Italian core Lombardi I got from austria.
    Why can't I form Italy?
    (I have AHD)

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by eran5 View Post
    I play france and all the italians nations are in my sphere + the Italian core Lombardi I got from austria.
    Why can't I form Italy?
    (I have AHD)
    You need to be an itailian state to do it, unless you play APD
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by eran5 View Post
    Apd?
    a mod
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    I SERIOUSLY doubt that...
    Well I'm curious, since artillery can definitely fire over infantry, whether that is something special to infantry or whether it can fire over any unit.

Anyone have a definite answer?
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Irsh Faq View Post
    Well I'm curious, since artillery can definitely fire over infantry, whether that is something special to infantry or whether it can fire over any unit.

Anyone have a definite answer?
    I think its just to prevent people from artillery spamming...

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Gran Columbia keeps being released or rebelling or something, not sure how it forms, but both it and Columbia exist at the same time. Anyone know how to fix this, as Germany cant rebel from Prussia.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Gran Columbia keeps being released or rebelling or something, not sure how it forms, but both it and Columbia exist at the same time. Anyone know how to fix this, as Germany cant rebel from Prussia.
    But Prussia can rebel from Germany

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    But Prussia can rebel from Germany
    So?
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Make it a cultural union.

While playing Victoria 2 I have found that my armies are lacking in pylons and I am unaware of how to get more. Paradox. How do I construct additional pylons?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 326 FirstFirst ... 14 39 64 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 114 139 164 189 ... LastLast