+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 284 FirstFirst ... 22 47 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 97 122 147 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 5668

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Is it possible to create an event that adds population of a specific ethnic population to a province?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of Nations500k club

Question:

(1) What is the effect of the "Demand colonial concession" wargoal? I have enacted it on an enemy, but nothing happened.
    (2) What is the best wargoal one should put on uncivs to avoid too much infamy?
    Game Developer East vs West - Softcoding Team / Research Apps. / The Map 1
    Arsenal of Democracy Technical Team Mod2
    Hungarian leaders for HoI2 3 / Hungarian Improvement for HoI34

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
    Quick questions for Vanilla V2 :
    1. After putting 100% in administration for several decades, my bureaucrats pop exploded to 11% of total population. I tried setting administration to 0% which helps (even though crime rate skyrocketed) but it is still far too slow. I am thinking of raising taxes for middle income but it would hurt far too many people. What is the fastest way to lower it to a more desirable level ?

2. Infamy
    What could I do to accelerate the shedding of infamy ?
    What ways are there to annex country without accumulating so much infamy (10 points per state is kinda ridiculous) ?

3. How effective is cavalry in late game (1900 onwards) ?
    1. Not to get it too high in the first place. You can't decrease the level of any POP fast except by demoting a POP that has massive unemployment, and bureaucrats are not subject to unemployment.

2. Lose a containment war and stay at peace. Don't steal stuff that doesn't belong to you if you don't want to be infamous.

3. Planes are better for occupation and tanks for battles but cavalry remain effective at gassing rebels. (which really ought to cost infamy, but doesn't).

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by kunadam View Post
    Question:

(1) What is the effect of the "Demand colonial concession" wargoal? I have enacted it on an enemy, but nothing happened.
    (2) What is the best wargoal one should put on uncivs to avoid too much infamy?
    (1) It's basically the aquire state wargoal against uncivics. It let's take a state.

(2) With the "establish protectorate" wargoal you can annex an uncivic with up to 5 states for 10 infamy.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by snake77 View Post
    Is it possible to create an event that adds population of a specific ethnic population to a province?
    I am pretty sure it's possible but I don't know how to do it. You should ask in the modder's forum. They will probably be able to help you out.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

I have searched for the answer to this question and was unable to find it so far, so I might as well try here:
    How do you get out of a Puppet situation (for example Wallachia to the Ottoman Empire)?
    (I apologize if it was answered somewhere, but I just was unable to find the information.)

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Intangibil View Post
    I have searched for the answer to this question and was unable to find it so far, so I might as well try here:
    How do you get out of a Puppet situation (for example Wallachia to the Ottoman Empire)?
    (I apologize if it was answered somewhere, but I just was unable to find the information.)
    A revolution will break puppet-status.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    A revolution will break puppet-status.
    And, if I may ask, what's the best way to get a revolution going?

Are there any random events that remove cores the same way there are random events that add cores? I've noticed that the California Republic had its cores removed from a few of its provinces. It happened after Manifest Destiny, but that event doesn't have any "remove_core" effects.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Caternang View Post
    Are there any random events that remove cores the same way there are random events that add cores? I've noticed that the California Republic had its cores removed from a few of its provinces. It happened after Manifest Destiny, but that event doesn't have any "remove_core" effects.
    IIRC There are no events that remove cores.
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Intangibil View Post
    And, if I may ask, what's the best way to get a revolution going?
    Every time you get an even that allows you to gain militancy take it, change ruling party as often as possible and don't pass political or social reforms.
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

What's the best way to lower consciousness?

Is there a mod I can use to play as Jamaica?

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dwog View Post
    Is there a mod I can use to play as Jamaica?
    It's in the Modern Day scenario, but if you want it in 1836 you'll have to do it yourself. It shouldn't be terribly difficult.

In AHD, I am looking for the saved games. They are NOT in my save games file within Steam. Only the pre-AHD save games are in there. Anyone know where they are?
    Blood and Iron -- A Fast Road to Greater Germany

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...5#post13593975

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by mbrasher1 View Post
    In AHD, I am looking for the saved games. They are NOT in my save games file within Steam. Only the pre-AHD save games are in there. Anyone know where they are?
    After AHD the save-games and map-cache were moved to My Documents/Paradox Interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    It's in the Modern Day scenario, but if you want it in 1836 you'll have to do it yourself. It shouldn't be terribly difficult.
    You are amazing! It works! Thank you and whoever made this!

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Coous View Post
    Once you get consciousness, it's nearly impossible to get rid of. A handful of events slow the build or even temporarily reverse it, but for the most part, CON will naturally increase over time.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Coous View Post
    Pass a popular reform or recruit lots more clergy.

In AHD how do I configure the message settings so that I'm notified when I am taken into and thrown out of another country's sphere? Or when another country alters relations with me, or influences a third country's standing with me? At the moment the game is telling me about everyone's sphere and relationship changes except for those which affect my country. I'd like the information to appear as a little flag in the message queue to the centre right hand side of the interface or as a pop up box.

Thanks.
    It is impossible to have too many books. Instead one has a lack of space and time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 284 FirstFirst ... 22 47 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 97 122 147 172 ... LastLast