+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 307 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 88 113 138 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 6137

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptusM View Post
    I want to change the infamy added for a war goal to 0. Mainly, I want to see what would happen if the world just went berzerk. What line in cb_types to modify?
    Code:
    	INFAMY_ADD_TO_SPHERE = 2,
    	INFAMY_RELEASE_PUPPET = 0.5,
    	INFAMY_DISARMAMENT = 5,
    	INFAMY_REPARATIONS = 5,
    	INFAMY_TRANSFER_PROVINCES = 3,
    	INFAMY_PRESTIGE = 2,
    	INFAMY_CONCEDE = 1,
    	INFAMY_STATUS_QUO = 0,
    	INFAMY_ANNEX = 10,
    	INFAMY_DEMAND_STATE = 5,
    None of the lines in cb_types.txt, it can be found in defines.lua.
    edit, also, any way to reduce a truce to 1 day?
    Not to one day, but it can be reduced to one month:
    Code:
    BASE_TRUCE_MONTHS = 60
    Also found in defines.lua.

Change what's written here to whatever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    ...but that jingoism either increases MTTH (mean time to happen) ...
    That would make it less common - don't you mean the opposite?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by bud the chud View Post
    What is the best way to get clerks? I have tried prompting them with NFs but I am still not getting very many.
    Rich and literate craftsmen. Also make sure your bureaucrats are not below par.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    I've not played as Belgium, but I have played as the Netherlands. The Netherlands has a decision where it renounces all Dutch cores on Belgian territory; could you have triggered a similar decision for Belgium? If not, you should be able to take Dutch territories in mainland Europe, but not necessarily colonies with no infamy.
    Belgium doesn't have any cores outside its own starting borders. You have to suck up the infamy (or get a lucky CB event) if you want to expand.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Thank you Tamius. I shall run a game overnight(s) with no infamy and almost no truce, and watch blobs of colours merge and split the next morning..

Ok, I am playing as Persia and there was a massive rebellion. My government type is... Presidential dictatorship I think, and the flag is Modern Iran's... but the nation name is still Persia. What/where is the file I need to edit to set it to change that name on the change?

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Belgium doesn't have any cores outside its own starting borders. You have to suck up the infamy (or get a lucky CB event) if you want to expand.
    Gotcha. I figured as much.

If I get a Casus Belli on a Dominion (Canada), but cannot interact with them diplomatically due to their status, how do I work around this?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by vuurwerken View Post
    Gotcha. I figured as much.

If I get a Casus Belli on a Dominion (Canada), but cannot interact with them diplomatically due to their status, how do I work around this?
    Depends how much you want to cheat. Edit the save game to transfer ownership of a Canadian state to you or fight the UK for release puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    Depends how much you want to cheat. Edit the save game to transfer ownership of a Canadian state to you or fight the UK for release puppet.
    I'm not above it. I've never gotten a release puppet casus belli, should I just take the Infamy hit? It seems like it's much more acceptable to do that in V2 than in EU3.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    Ok, I am playing as Persia and there was a massive rebellion. My government type is... Presidential dictatorship I think, and the flag is Modern Iran's... but the nation name is still Persia. What/where is the file I need to edit to set it to change that name on the change?
    You need to add a line to your choice of the localization files:

PER_presidential_dictatorship;Iran;Iran;Iran;;Iran ;;;;;;;;;x
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Howcome when i declare war to "Establish Protectorate" it annexes the country when im done with the war. Or sometimes when you start a war trying to make a colony it annexes as well. Should it make a vassal? not completely Annex?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Helepolis View Post
    Howcome when i declare war to "Establish Protectorate" it annexes the country when im done with the war. Or sometimes when you start a war trying to make a colony it annexes as well. Should it make a vassal? not completely Annex?
    In a strictly historical sense, you're right. In a gameplay sense, you aren't. Establish Protectorate is used to annex uncivs (vs. civs) and "place in the sun" takes territory and makes it a colony. It's working as designed.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Im glad it happened, cause i didnt spend 20 infamy to get the land, i just was confused if it was broke or something,

How do rebels magicly spawn in more numbers then I could ever recruit soldiers with perfect morale and organization and better weapons then a nation could ever afford for their own military?

Steady hand in uncertain times Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    How do rebels magicly spawn in more numbers then I could ever recruit soldiers with perfect morale and organization and better weapons then a nation could ever afford for their own military?
    Magic.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

nah, it faith
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Rebels can be from any pop type, while armies have to be soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Rebels can be from any pop type, while armies have to be soldiers.
    I can tell you that I could if I had the money but most people, especially those being repressed to the point of armed revolt, could not afford military grade weapons... nor would they be able to get more organized then an professional army

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

They shouldnt be more organized than a professional army, I can always beat them with even numbers.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

I think my problem might also have something to do with my other problem.

My armies seemed to have an org rate of .0000001 they would sit around for years and never get their org out of their red. I had all but the last tech (great war experience) I was at peace... I dont know, none of my armies would get ANY organization.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Also, on that rebel front... my nation has 3.5million people I have had, within two years, more then a million rebel soldiers pop up...

Lastly I have a question. Basically... what the heck is happening here? Nothing happens if I move troops into that spot, if I open it for them, if I completely surround them, if I surround them and put people on that spot, nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 307 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 88 113 138 163 ... LastLast