+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 316 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 87 112 137 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6303

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderband View Post
    Do Greece/Byzantium and Serbia/Yugoslavia have conflicting cores?
    Can't say about Byzantium, but Yugoslavia and Greece don't.

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

i wish i could register my game. i got it without a key and didnt realy need it when registering[no i didnt buy it from one of the stores listed or online].

my computer is windows 7 but i didnt realy get what u mean by "install it somewhere else"

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    i wish i could register my game. i got it without a key and didnt realy need it when registering[no i didnt buy it from one of the stores listed or online].

my computer is windows 7 but i didnt realy get what u mean by "install it somewhere else"
    where did you buy it?

First Lieutenant

i didn't buy it actouly. my mom did, and she don't remember where from

Really. Can't access tech support until you register, so ask her again can she remember.

First Lieutenant

yea i know, its not the first time i try to,

A question of my own - how can I speed along the industrialisation process? I have my taxes set high to keep the poor high and make the rich poor, I have my soldier budget low to get soldiers into craftsmen and I have my national focus set on craftsmen in my most populous state, but the process is still very slow. Perhaps 100-200 new craftsmen per month..

Quote Originally Posted by nog View Post
    A question of my own - how can I speed along the industrialisation process? I have my taxes set high to keep the poor high and make the rich poor, I have my soldier budget low to get soldiers into craftsmen and I have my national focus set on craftsmen in my most populous state, but the process is still very slow. Perhaps 100-200 new craftsmen per month..
    Don't spam the forum with multiple copies of the same post.

Scandinavian scoundrel Alexanderband's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Can't say about Byzantium, but Yugoslavia and Greece don't.
    That's a start! I haven't really played Greece much yet, so I don't know exactly where the Megali Idea and Byzantium takes you core-wise.

The thing is, I wanted to play a co-op game with my friend, so I figured Greece and Serbia would be perfect in an attempt to dismantle the Ottoman Empire and create Byzantium and Yugoslavia. The only thing that would ruin it a little is if Byzantium suddenly has cores in Yugoslavia. I guess we'll just give it a try anyway, but for now we're playing a co-op Persia-Afghanistan game instead.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    Always wondered myself ... they just sort of melt away back into the general population, waiting for the next revolution.
    If a POP's MIL drops then rebels it has spawned will fade away.

Ok, here is a quick question.

Anarcho Liberals, description says 'fighting for their personal freedoms' so I think... ok, maybe this will be people pushing for a democracy or a HM gov... I delete my soldiers, let them take over... DICTATORSHIP! All reforms rolled back, no more voting, everything censored... uh... how is this fighting for their personal freedom?

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Anarcho-Liberals dont make very much sense, they seem like they would be extreme liberals, but they make a capitalist dictatorship.

Again, play PDM, it fixes this.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

What is a good nation for a first game for a beginner after doing the tutorials, and what are the most important things you need to keep in mind?

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I would say Belgium, you might want to read some AARs or look at Lets Plays first, and focus on industry and craftsmen. If Britain doesn't ally both of you you can attack netherlands for colonies and states. You can become a great power pretty quickly. Then, expand in Africa, and get ready to colonize. You might want Korea too.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Is Austria the only country that can create the SGF, or can I pick Bavaria and form an third german power?
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Scandinavian scoundrel Alexanderband's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Is Austria the only country that can create the SGF, or can I pick Bavaria and form an third german power?
    Bavaria, Württemberg and Baden can form the SGF themselves.

I want to change the infamy added for a war goal to 0. Mainly, I want to see what would happen if the world just went berzerk. What line in cb_types to modify?

edit, also, any way to reduce a truce to 1 day?

If your population is more Jingoistic does that give you more casus belli-giving events? (and does Anti Military give you less?)

I've noticed I rarely get any (at least compared to EU3). In my Transvaal game I got one on Portugal and GB both; in my Belgium one I haven't gotten any. What's more is I've seen lots of posts about playing as Belgium where you are encouraged to take Dutch territories/colonies in the inevitable wars they declare on you, but I've never gotten a legitimate way to do so. Any tips?
    Last edited by vuurwerken; 09-01-2012 at 17:55.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

What is the best way to get clerks? I have tried prompting them with NFs but I am still not getting very many.
    “Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction.... The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”
    ~ Martin Luther King Jr

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by vuurwerken View Post
    If your population is more Jingoistic does that give you more casus belli-giving events? (and does Anti Military give you less?)

I've noticed I rarely get any (at least compared to EU3). In my Transvaal game I got one on Portugal and GB both; in my Belgium one I haven't gotten any. What's more is I've seen lots of posts about playing as Belgium where you are encouraged to take Dutch territories/colonies in the inevitable wars they declare on you, but I've never gotten a legitimate way to do so. Any tips?
    Yes to your first question. It's not that anti-militarism excludes you any more than pro-military or pacifism, but that jingoism either increases MTTH (mean time to happen) or is a prerequisite for certain CBs.

I've not played as Belgium, but I have played as the Netherlands. The Netherlands has a decision where it renounces all Dutch cores on Belgian territory; could you have triggered a similar decision for Belgium? If not, you should be able to take Dutch territories in mainland Europe, but not necessarily colonies with no infamy.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 316 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 87 112 137 162 ... LastLast