+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 283 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 105 130 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5653

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaff View Post
    I'm trying to buy steel. I see on the trade tab that more is being produced than is being bought. Why am I not getting any??
    It's all about prestige. If you're rather low in the pecking order, those above you get access first.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    There were no countries that were one in game region even anywhere close to being considered great powers. And you would need to show your military force or no one is going to respect you.
    Ok, so you just hit the nail of my issue on the head.

OK the Californian Republic is one state... but it is MASSIVE compared to some others, the whole size of the colonies. Cali is closed to the size of England or Japan but they have MANY MANY small territories yet Cali, since for the US it is a single state, only has one Territory. Now Japan absolutley can become a world power with what they have, and we dont need to speak about England.

The game itself gimps certain nations, Cali is just the perfect example, I CONSTANTLY have mass unemployment because of my skyrocketing population but it takes forever to build factories and I only have the one province.

Also, here is another question. Why, if liberated from Mexico... are my accepted cultures 'Yankee and Dixie'? I have more of a FRENCH population then anything else thanks to immigration. French, Mexican, Native American Minor, Yankee from highest to lowest of my top 4 cultures in my nation.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

The states were made that way though partially because of the level of industrialization and population in them, and the accepted cultures I dont really know, you know you can mod all of this really easily though.

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    The states were made that way though partially because of the level of industrialization and population in them, and the accepted cultures I dont really know, you know you can mod all of this really easily though.
    Oh, I do know, but one of the main reasons I post here is I know the devs and what not look here and problems wont get fixed if people dont mention them.

I understand completly that in the beginning California as a nation would be such a small pop but its about 40 years in and thanks to mass immigration and reforms I have a good 7 million or so people in California. Maybe there should be some system implimented to allow for a break up of single state nations like this into more then one state.

OR

Because they dont want the small german states to become world powers make there be a province limit, Cali has I think 6, maybe make it if you have to have already 4 or 5 to become a world power, would limit the german states from becoming world powers while allowing other large area single state nations to become a world power.

Scandinavian scoundrel Alexanderband's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Here's a quick one for you experts:

Situation: I'm France allied to Two Sicilies. Two Sicilies drags me into a pointless war against Egypt. I don't really want to, but I accept their call since I don't want to lose prestige. I assume leadership of the war.

Question: Can I white peace this war immediately and get away with it without a prestige loss or any other penalty?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderband View Post
    Here's a quick one for you experts:

Situation: I'm France allied to Two Sicilies. Two Sicilies drags me into a pointless war against Egypt. I don't really want to, but I accept their call since I don't want to lose prestige. I assume leadership of the war.

Question: Can I white peace this war immediately and get away with it without a prestige loss or any other penalty?
    Two Sicilies will get hit with the penalties, since they started the war.

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

You take penalties if you fail to fulfil war goals. Since you have no war goals, there is no penalty for a WP. However, you may have trouble getting the Egyptians to accept WP until you have beaten them up a bit.

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

how can i change my history files? i have tried to do so but it says to me the access is denied

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quick answer: I can't see the launcher window. How can I fix it?

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    how can i change my history files? i have tried to do so but it says to me the access is denied
    It's probably because of the UAC. Just right click on the main Vic 2 folder and make it so it and all files in it are eligible to be edited.
    If one of us is going to be unhappy, it's going to be you.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Here is a thing I cannot understand. I play Sweden which produces some coal. I have a couple of factories which use coal as input, but according to my trade window, all coal produced is exported, nothing goes to domestic. I am a GP so not sphered.

I assume all of the world's coal goes to the world market and then gets distributed according to prestige. But If I have tarrifs, this means that I penalize my factories?? It's kinda stupid, because I produce the inputs already in my own country.
    Il ne faut pas désespérer des imbéciles. Avec un peu d'entraînement, on peut arriver à en faire des militaires.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Here is a thing I cannot understand. I play Sweden which produces some coal. I have a couple of factories which use coal as input, but according to my trade window, all coal produced is exported, nothing goes to domestic. I am a GP so not sphered.
    If you aren't subsidizing your factories, it's possible for them to not have funds on hand to buy their inputs.
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    If you aren't subsidizing your factories, it's possible for them to not have funds on hand to buy their inputs.
    Sure, but my factories do not have that problem. It seems they import the coal from abroad, instead of using the one produced by my RGO.
    Il ne faut pas désespérer des imbéciles. Avec un peu d'entraînement, on peut arriver à en faire des militaires.

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Sure, but my factories do not have that problem. It seems they import the coal from abroad, instead of using the one produced by my RGO.
    Is your military or your POPs using up all of your coal?

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Is your military or your POPs using up all of your coal?
    Neither; according to the trade screen, it is all exported.

EDIT: I meant production screen, apologies.

Last edited by El Greco; 21-12-2011 at 21:18.

Why is the modern maple leaf flag only available for Canada as a presidential dictatorship and not democracy?

I'd like to add the question 'how do computers get CBs so often. I start the game as England, colonize the two bits of Canada I can right away and liberate Canada and 'play as' within 20 seconds Russia declares war on me for British Columbia without getting any bad boy.
    Last edited by smeagolthevile; 22-12-2011 at 02:32.

So I botched my attempt to install PDM, which is less vexing than being able to find my Germany save game. When I start up Victoria 2 from the folder that I copied PDM over and try to go to the world map from the 'single-player' button, all I get is a map with an outline of the world map. It seems the game failed to create the world. Anyway I can load my Germany game but this situation is not playable. When I check the save game folder in the game file I can't find my Germany save, only saves from an older game. In addition the copy of my Victoria 2 folder I put aside only has the older saves as well. SO my question is where could these saves possibly be stored that isn't in the save games folder? Somehow they survived my writing Victoria 2 over with PDM, and I want to find them!
    Last edited by Ergo Sum; 22-12-2011 at 08:30.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

This sounds like a Windows installation in C:/Program Files. You need to find your "compatibility files"; that's where the mapcache is kept (clear it) and the save games too. More information in the tech support forum.

I am a small producer currently of luxury clothes. I am trying to build military units but they are not getting nuilt as there is a shortage of luxury clothes. Onmy ptoduction screen it says factories are producing 0.68 untis, 0.68 sold on domestic and 0.68 sold on export. RGO production is 0.5 all on domestic market. Is there anyway to make this go to the military so i can finish building guard units?
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

Scandinavian scoundrel Alexanderband's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Two Sicilies will get hit with the penalties, since they started the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    You take penalties if you fail to fulfil war goals. Since you have no war goals, there is no penalty for a WP. However, you may have trouble getting the Egyptians to accept WP until you have beaten them up a bit.
    Thanks a bunch! I guess I could 'help' the Sicilians with a little naval blockade of Egypt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 283 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 105 130 155 ... LastLast