+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 79 104 129 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 6085

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Ok so the spending and stuff worked thank you. I have a few other questions.

1) howcome when i research something that gives +1 national focus, i can only do one national focus on a region? not 2?

2)When playing as say two sicilies? How does one form Italy, because every nation is protected by austria or france, so is there a way to get enemy nations out of their protection?

3)Can you increase how fast your infamy goes down? I find it very boring i have to wait 10 years between wars, is there something im missing?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

1) it means one extra, not that you ccan use more than one per state
    2) become a GP
    3) release sattelites
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Helepolis View Post
    Ok so the spending and stuff worked thank you. I have a few other questions.

1) howcome when i research something that gives +1 national focus, i can only do one national focus on a region? not 2?
    This means you can use two national foci on two regions, not one. Population permitting, of course: you need 1 million pops of your primary culture for another National Focus, ie. 2 million South Italians.

2)When playing as say two sicilies? How does one form Italy, because every nation is protected by austria or france, so is there a way to get enemy nations out of their protection?
    I've never formed Italy as the two sicilies: I got to great power status, owning most of Africa. To form Italy, get some little Italian countries in your sphere, if you can wrangle them out of the Austrian or French spheres, and hope for pan-nationalists, Garibaldi's Redshirts. If they topple the government in an Italian country in your sphere, you should be able to form Italy there and then

3)Can you increase how fast your infamy goes down? I find it very boring i have to wait 10 years between wars, is there something im missing?
    Nope, no way. Unless, of course, you want to go over the limit, and lose a containment war. You'll be prohibited from training soldiers and lose basically all your prestige, but it will reduce your infamy to 25 upon capitulating. Not recommended.

Well whats the easiest way of getting to be a great power? Are you saying i should just go kill egypt or something? and how do i increase pop? can i build farms somehow?

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Helepolis View Post
    Well whats the easiest way of getting to be a great power? Are you saying i should just go kill egypt or something?
    It's certainly difficult. Beat some titchy and/or useless countries in wars (humiliate gets you 25 prestige for 1.6 infamy), but the real points are in the industry. Difficult to get right, though... that's where most of the skill in Victoria 2 is. You need to learn which sort of party you want in power, and which sorts of factories to build (assuming you aren't Laissez-Faire) for maximum industrial score. Luxury stuff is good for points.

and how do i increase pop? can i build farms somehow?
    As a European nation, the Two Sicilies won't get any immigration, that will all be to America. With your people leaving, there's one more solution - conquer somewhere with a high population. The Papal States has lots of South Italians, but they're probably in the French sphere.

Some countries were never going to get many people in the timeline. You may want to try and take out some civilised (uncivs will net you colonies; no assimilation there) nations, and wait for assimiliation to work its magic. It will take a long time, though.

Yea the papal states are in france. I try to take Tunis, and then do some other countries, but its hard because its automatically 20 infamy, so i cant go for algiers and stuff too. Im not sure how to do production, very tough, i try and build a small arms factory, then i need cement, but then i need coal, but then i need something else. its like a vicious cycle, lol I JUST WANT TO BUILD TROOPS, NOT SIDEWALKS!

500k club

You should be using the "establish protectorate" CB rather than "conquest" on small uncivs; it'll save you 12 infamy.

Ok so i have another question. Say im Sicily again, now i took Tunisia and part of Egypt. Only one problem Ottoman Africa is in the way, now i can take that pretty easily. But once i take it all, even if i only want the coast. The war score is only like 5 when i need 26. Now i cant go into real Ottoman territory or my troops will just get murdered. So how can i do this?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blockade the ottomans, or lure them to one side of thrace and blockade the troops on the other side of the strait

Ok, I'm playing as the California Republic. I used 'play as' so I am not a satellite nor a puppet (not even sphered).

I have been ranked 7th in the world for about 10 years and am still sitting as a secondary power. I have more industry and prestiege then the two major powers in the 7th and 8th position...

My question is why the heck can I not get world power status?

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

You must only have one state/region, California.

That comes into play with world power? I honestly dont think it should considering the akwardness of some states/territories, just look at switzerland its smaller then california by a good bit and is two states. I dunno, its quite frustrating, I really dont get how that comes into play especially since I am trying to play as cultural pacifist nation, basically says 'you are FORCED to attack and take something or else you cant become a world power'

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

But thats so german minors cant be great powers, and no one region in the game was ever as powerful as the ottoman empire. and yes, a country wouldnt be considered a world power if it didnt have practical military strength.

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    But thats so german minors cant be great powers, and no one region in the game was ever as powerful as the ottoman empire. and yes, a country wouldnt be considered a world power if it didnt have practical military strength.
    I didn't say I dont have soldiers and military tech, Im just a pacifist nation. And no they may not be 'stronger' then the OE but there have definatly been those stronger then two Sicily for example, which is one of the GPs, or Bavaria.

wasnt the whole viccy era might is right?

500k club

There were no countries that were one in game region even anywhere close to being considered great powers. And you would need to show your military force or no one is going to respect you.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can anyone provide tips on forming alliances if you're only a secondary power? I'm playing as The Two Sicilies (PDM mod) and I'm trying to form an alliance with both Prussia and France since I imagine myself going to war with Austria at some point. I've maxed relations with both countries but it still says the chance to form an alliance is impossible. Is there anything else I can do?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    That comes into play with world power? I honestly dont think it should considering the akwardness of some states/territories, just look at switzerland its smaller then california by a good bit and is two states. I dunno, its quite frustrating, I really dont get how that comes into play especially since I am trying to play as cultural pacifist nation, basically says 'you are FORCED to attack and take something or else you cant become a world power'
    Well, arguably colonization can be a pacifist goal, bringing civilization to the uncivilized. Historians today will question whether colonization can ever be pacifist, but this is 1850, and you are California

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Jokurr View Post
    Can anyone provide tips on forming alliances if you're only a secondary power? I'm playing as The Two Sicilies (PDM mod) and I'm trying to form an alliance with both Prussia and France since I imagine myself going to war with Austria at some point. I've maxed relations with both countries but it still says the chance to form an alliance is impossible. Is there anything else I can do?
    Keep your strength up and your infamy down and wait for their current alliance to break up.

I'm trying to buy steel. I see on the trade tab that more is being produced than is being bought. Why am I not getting any??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 79 104 129 154 ... LastLast