+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 316 FirstFirst ... 21 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 71 96 121 146 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by GamezRule View Post
    How on earth do I check my infamy?
    In the diplomacy screen. Click on yourself in the nation list, then click on the "Wars" tab at the top. The right-side panel will now show your infamy (ragged red flag), war exhaustion (guy with bandaged head), total ships, and total brigades.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

On the diplomacy screen there is a red flag with a number next to it. That number is your infamy, the maximum is 25 before countries start to try and contain you.

What are good unit ratios (INF:CAV:ART) in armies? Playing my first game I realized I was building armies around EU3 rules. I suspect they are somewhat different in VIC2.

For the purpose of maximizing impact are Dragoons and Cav equivalent (although perhaps differing in quality)?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Why does many asians and africans migrate to europe one province in switzerland had 30% japanese and germany had very much chinese as did all european nations exept mine (Italy) when i got to the year 1910.
    This is annoying Europe was probably 99 % white in real life by that years :S

I've been playing the game for awhile, but I two questions.
    -I've read somewhere that if the lower classes are getting their luxury goods, they start to migrate out. Is this true? I'm playing a highly socially reformed communist Ireland, and a good 70% of them are getting luxury goods.
    -How do I check immigration/emigration flows? I'm gaining population, but I don't know how many are from births, how many are from immigrants etc. I'd think many of them would be, as I have a fairly large immigrant attraction, though I am communist....

Rome GoldVictoria 2

LOL. Took me a while too. Click on Diplomacy, and then switch between the Show Wars or GPs ... you'll see it on the right hand side.

Now your next quiz .... try to find out where you can see your Combat Width.... LOL

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Nahk Sihgneg View Post
    I've been playing the game for awhile, but I two questions.
    -I've read somewhere that if the lower classes are getting their luxury goods, they start to migrate out. Is this true? I'm playing a highly socially reformed communist Ireland, and a good 70% of them are getting luxury goods.
    -How do I check immigration/emigration flows? I'm gaining population, but I don't know how many are from births, how many are from immigrants etc. I'd think many of them would be, as I have a fairly large immigrant attraction, though I am communist....
    Check the population page. There are all sorts of tooltips on it which have the sort of information you want.
    Getting luxuries does not directly lead to emigration, but CON does, and getting luxuries leads to increasing CON.

Tried the demo:
    My armies would not regenerate Organisation. So what gives with that?

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Rise of Prussia

I clicked on the button to build a factory and it lets me put it in the queue but construction does not begin. What could be preventing the factory's construction?

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    I clicked on the button to build a factory and it lets me put it in the queue but construction does not begin. What could be preventing the factory's construction?
    You don't have the materials necessary to build the factory (cement, machine tools, whatever). They're being bought.
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Build Belgium from the ground up in Edge of Europe

Sir ThunderHawk3, Knight of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by fabius View Post
    Tried the demo:
    My armies would not regenerate Organisation. So what gives with that?
    Maybe you had a general with terrible morale stats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    Maybe you had a general with terrible morale stats.
    Maybe but seemed more than that. Put it on max speed and no regeneration, for any of the armies even without generals. Struggled to manually change general too.
    As nobody has mentioned that I'm not doing something tht that I should be then I guess it's a corrupt instal.

Anyway, apart from that I enjoyed then demo. So will look to pick Vic 2 up, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't any radical shift in org regain mechanics.

In that case you could be missing supplies. No supply means no regain in org. If you have no small arms and canned food production or no prestige to buy it, or have set the stockpile slider to zero either in general or for the particular goods your troops need, then no regain in org. No general in the army will slow it, but you need a general with worse morale than that to stop it completely.

Am trying to civ Persia. Have the prestige and techs, just need military score but i am struggling to get over 40. have mil spending at 100% recruiting loads of generals but they keep dying. If i build any more men of war will go bankrupt. Any help?

Also do frigates build military score?

Cheers
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesRome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    Navies can be a very good way to build military score. Yes they do.
    If there's any doubt about the meaning of my posts in a serious discussion then I think both sides are equally wrong because then I get to claim the moral highground.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by liamgamer55 View Post
    Navies can be a very good way to build military score. Yes they do.
    Negligible, at best. I'm not sure right now, but if frigates add Mil score, it's so small, you really won't notice it. MoW give Mil score for sure, and their contribution is basically "nothing" as well.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Hmm, so no easy way to build it up to 50. Have had the other requirements for civ for 4 years, just cant raise the ML. Goes up then the genetrals die. Got it to 50 by going to war but when peace broke out it dropped again.
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Its an pseudo-exploit, but if you had it at 50 during wartime, pause the game, accept peace and civilize, all before you unpause.
    If one of us is going to be unhappy, it's going to be you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    In that case you could be missing supplies. No supply means no regain in org. If you have no small arms and canned food production or no prestige to buy it, or have set the stockpile slider to zero either in general or for the particular goods your troops need, then no regain in org. No general in the army will slow it, but you need a general with worse morale than that to stop it completely.
    Ahh, that would explain it. Thank you The Arch Mede.
    I had indeed turned my general stockpile funding low, and had not set any specific for small arms, or canned food. Will watch my supplies closely later when I fire it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    Am trying to civ Persia. Have the prestige and techs, just need military score but i am struggling to get over 40. have mil spending at 100% recruiting loads of generals but they keep dying. If i build any more men of war will go bankrupt. Any help?

Cheers
    Only capital ships count towards MIL.

Nothing for frigates. MoW, then Ironclad, then Dreadnought. You need massive numbers of MoW to get any MIL, ironclads start to get noticeable (0.5to 1 MIL per ship) and dreadnoughts rule (about 20MIL each at top tech).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 316 FirstFirst ... 21 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 71 96 121 146 ... LastLast