+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    the link isn't working for me
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

"And the world did gaze, in deep amaze
    At those fearless men, but few
    Who bore the fight that freedom's light
    Might shine through the foggy dew."

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

war_events or main download? I just did a test and both seem to be working fine for me.

Thanks Claymore, that's all useful.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

I'm glad to help could you put up some pictures so we can see the progress you have made
    Also did you ever make a civil war system
    Last edited by Claymore1; 22-07-2012 at 13:38.

Some more countries

Bosnia 1918
    Estonia 1816

Scotland - had almost completaly abolished the fuedal system in the late 14th century but it wasn't until 1747 when it was completely abolished
    Last edited by Claymore1; 22-07-2012 at 12:32.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    war_events or main download? I just did a test and both seem to be working fine for me.

Thanks Claymore, that's all useful.
    main download but it's working fine now
    ن

so i've got the mod working but i am experiencing crashes about every 20-25 minutes, i think it's a brilliant mod but one problem is that you can't recruit infantry without an invetnion, and it's the one invention i just can't get, surely it would make more sense to unlock infantry from militia organisation rather than from an invention
    ن

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Ottoman Empire, after the yeni ceri (janissary system) 1826, although they still had various feudal states in the form of the romanian states

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Could someone help, whenever I start up a game and click a nation, then hit play, it crashes.
    Ferdinand I, King of the Romanians in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920 Mk. II
    Meyer Levinsky, Mayor of New York City and Head of the Levinsky Family in Dadarian's The Family
    Joséphine Henriette Savarin "the Iron Lady", President of the Republic of Belgium in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell500 View Post
    Could someone help, whenever I start up a game and click a nation, then hit play, it crashes.
    this happens to me but if you load it up again it should work, and i don't know if this is already know but in my game the HRE has created the South german confed but its flag is just white, should it not be the same, or similar to the one in vanilla
    ن

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I can't remember if the version you're using has the debug event or not. If it does then after about a month it should revert to the correct flag.

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

General
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Also, mikeboy, I am curious how or if you are going to represent the janissary question with the ottomans, I know you cant be unique for everything, but IRL the janissaries really did screw over the ottomans, and there should be some sort of civil conflict to get rid of them (civil war, maybe?)

I don't actually know much about the Ottomans in the period, other than their wars with Austria and Russia, would you care to give me an outline and some ideas on how it could be implemented?

General

I don't actually know much about the Ottomans in the period, other than their wars with Austria and Russia, would you care to give me an outline and some ideas on how it could be implemented?
    Well, one of the things that must be represented is the Yeni Ceri (New soldier, the c is read as a soft j in turkish), or Janissary power and influence, the sultan could really not be best described as a absolute monarch, it was a monarchy with absolute power unless you messed with the janissaries, in the period you are covering, the turkish empire was actually decentralized, rather than centralized as most monarchies in the period. Basically, if you were a sultan and pissed off the janissaries, you werent going to be a sultan for much longer.

In gameplay terms, the jannisaries will keep reforms slow, and they will attempt to overthrow you if you push to hard, leading to a bloody civil war which will become easier as the game goes on due to the shift from a small well trained army to larger amount of troops (and if you try to kick them out right away, you wont survive, even if allah himself fought on your side). They could demand various things such as increased pay (which would be represented as a penetly to taxation as by the end of the period over 100,000 men were paid as soldiers, but in reality just sat around and drank), rollback of military reforms, and local governerships (which would be represented as vassals), basically, you want to walk the fine line between keeping them happy, and reducing their power.

There are several solutions to this, you can either manage to curb their rights enough where they become an effective military forces (revoking their right to marry, reintroducing the training period, and selection of janissaries), the ideal option, but it will probably mean a further decentralized, semi-democratic empire, but you can gain access to extremely powerful military units much earlier, like guards, and dont have to undergo a civil war to take back power earlier (make this thing super bloody,and people like the austrians should demand territory or intervene), but it is more likely to undergo a french like revolution where it will start quite jihadi wars. You can get rid of them, which means you take the middle ground, dont have to give as much and will likely be more modern, but you lose your elite guard, and have to undergo a bloody civil war if you dont want to end up like the Ottomans at the start of the normal timeline. Or the yeni ceri might just say "eh screw it, I control this empire now" and establish a military dictatorship, that will be quite backwards, and likely to crumble by the 1850s completely. This is very rough and I need more time to read through my turkish history books to give more ideas, but something like that, also, I would have the crimerans as a substate, as they can declare war without calling in their leader right? (raids into russia, yay!)

PS, overall, I would keep a modifier that slows assimilation and migration, as there was very slow assimilation IRL during this period, and whats the state of the mod, I wants to beta =P

Ottomen vassals
    ---------------
    Republic of Ragusa - that served as a buffer state for the ottomens and venice
    Sharfite of Mecca
    Kingdom of Imeretia and Duchy of Mingrelia
    Last edited by Claymore1; 24-07-2012 at 11:44.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Ottomen vassals
    ---------------
    Republic of Ragusa - that served as a buffer state for the ottomens and venice
    Sharfite of Mecca
    Kingdom of Imeretia and Duchy of Mingrelia
    First is true, but should be treated as a substate that can be eventually annexed, so it does not have to be released then annex, I think direct control would be the best way to represent it, but maybe give it events where it demands more autonomy.

The whole georgia area should be fluid, with many revolters, some areas under the complete control of the Turks, others independent, others vassals

I don't think ragusa should be directly controlled by the ottomens because that would stop France invading them like they Did historically many making them a substate might work

Also I do think you should include the small caucusas states as it would make it a much more interesting region

Well the vast majority of the maps I've looked at (and I've seen a lot) have had the southern Caucasus as either tribal or a bunch of tiny states (this being the map I've used most), so I've left that area uncolonised. I'm also not sure it's worth adding loads of states just for that area, particularly as this is using APD so soldier pops are assigned on a state-wide rather than province basis.

General

Well the vast majority of the maps I've looked at (and I've seen a lot) have had the southern Caucasus as either tribal or a bunch of tiny states (this being the map I've used most), so I've left that area uncolonised. I'm also not sure it's worth adding loads of states just for that area, particularly as this is using APD so soldier pops are assigned on a state-wide rather than province basis.
    I would have parts of it trying to split off though, rebel armies should spawn fairly commonly if that is the case, so make it costly to control in otehr words, make it take a great deal to pacify, both monitarially, and militarilly. Are you going to do anything to the ottomans?

General

Are you going to represent the 1812 famine in any way? Its one of those events that is histoircally unavoidable, due to it being a solar flare and volcano caused event. I would help decrease the massive pop increase by the end of the game

Perhaps including a few of the larger states and making the smaller ones revolvers might work

Also have you included savoy?
    Last edited by Claymore1; 25-07-2012 at 12:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast