+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod

The game crashes when it's loading. Any advice?
    Nationality: Polish
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: National Conservative
    Issues: Revanchism/Jingoism/Protectionism/Interventionism/Limited Citizenship
    Current work: Student
    Cash reserves: $200
    Revolt risk: 0.5%
    Militancy: 1
    Consciousness: 8

"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
    - Józef Piłsudski

"The fall of the Berlin Wall makes for nice pictures. But it all started in the shipyards."
    - Lech Wałęsa

"I am Polish, therefore I have Polish obligations."
    - Roman Dmowski

I assume this works for AHD, given the screencap from the post about the new update? The post with the download says it works with vanilla 1.3.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by BAMman100 View Post
    I assume this works for AHD, given the screencap from the post about the new update? The post with the download says it works with vanilla 1.3.
    He hasn't uploaded the update for AHD yet. It is for vanilla 1.3.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    He hasn't uploaded the update for AHD yet. It is for vanilla 1.3.
    OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response.

Anyways, it is nice to see this mod going again. It is a great concept.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

We are looking for an AHD update, thanks!
    Nationality: Czech
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Anarcho-Liberal
    Issues: Laissez Faire/Full Citizenship
    Cash Reserves: Rising
    Militancy: 4 (-0.01)
    Consciousness: 9 (+0.10)

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by JozefKPilsudski View Post
    The game crashes when it's loading. Any advice?
    If it's crashing at loading events you haven't installed the hotfix.

AHD version is in the works, though it's dependent upon APD which means I'm not in total control of how long it will take.

If anyone wants to volunteer to help out with the history files it would be much appreciated.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Exclamation

Having a problem with the mod. While loading it crashes after reaching "creating texture for Quad 2098".
    Ideas?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Have you cleared the map cache? Are you using old vic?

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    Have you cleared the map cache? Are you using old vic?
    Ehmm... No. I use a copy of 1.3, reinstalled only for this mod xD

Just tried to clear the map cache, no effect.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have exactly the same problem as herr_monty. The game crashes when the screen says compressing data. Just like the OP I reinstalled Vic II without AHD, patched it to 1.3 and copied the Empire files into the Vic II folder. I can't see what I could have done wrong.

Is the folder that you extract supposed to be named Empire 1.2.4 or is this a version mixup?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quick Questions

I am just a little bit unsure of how to download the mod. This is my first mod to use for Victoria II, and I am not sure what you mean by directly copy and pasting over the Vanilla Version. Do you individually replace the files in the Empire folder over the regular game folders or do you do something else?

Also, one other question, does this mod work with House divided?

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by 99KingHigh View Post
    I am just a little bit unsure of how to download the mod. This is my first mod to use for Victoria II, and I am not sure what you mean by directly copy and pasting over the Vanilla Version. Do you individually replace the files in the Empire folder over the regular game folders or do you do something else?

Also, one other question, does this mod work with House divided?
    It does not work with AHD.

Copy the folders inside the download into your vanilla Vic2 (you should create back ups if you want to be able to play that again). Click to 'merge' the folders, and 'replace' all the files inside them with ones from the download.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

My game crashes after 10 seconds, or when I click on any of the buttons on the top menu.....not to mention there's a couple nations out there with nogovernment.....

is there a AHD version coming out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by lrauserl View Post
    is there a AHD version coming out soon?
    I believe there is, Mikeboy is making it available for AHD.

I have located the neccessary files and folders to be put in AHD 2.21 mod folder, but there is not research and only the new countries has been updated to year 1701.

You can download the AHD compatible "mod" here: (this is NOT a finished mod, this is just the new countries and scenario, you have to finish it yourself!)

There is no new research, no new tech, only new countries and updated provinces as they looked like in 1701.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21378407/Emp...20scenario.zip

However, I hope this can speed up the process of finishing this mod if more people get the "basics" needed (provinces and countries). This mod is so great.

Mikeboy - in the original Empire mod there was shown Centers of Trade (CoT). I can't seem to find the code for it, do you have it available somewhere?

If it's crashing at loading events you haven't installed the hotfix.

AHD version is in the works, though it's dependent upon APD which means I'm not in total control of how long it will take.

If anyone wants to volunteer to help out with the history files it would be much appreciated.
    how do you do this? i will help out if you tell me how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriafan View Post
    Mikeboy - in the original Empire mod there was shown Centers of Trade (CoT). I can't seem to find the code for it, do you have it available somewhere?
    Sorry but my laptop stopped working so I can't at the moment. (It also means work on Empire has been halted for the moment, though I should be able to reclaim the HDD so no lost files.)

Thanks for volunteering Irauserl, I'll explain once I can resume work.

Sorry but my laptop stopped working so I can't at the moment. (It also means work on Empire has been halted for the moment, though I should be able to reclaim the HDD so no lost files.)

Thanks for volunteering Irauserl, I'll explain once I can resume work.
    Nevermind, I found it myself. It is in Rural.txt (events folder) and in event modifiers in common folder.

Mikeboy, I would like to volunteer.

I just got nearly every part of of the original Empire mod v1.33 working just fine under AHD 2.21 with the new flags. I had to delete some flags though, as they were causing problems after the new patch. Every flag needs a tag and every tag needs a flag.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a flag name ending on "_fascit.tga" (a typo I suppose). Also you need to get _imperial.tga for every new (and original AHD) tag.

This is not the new Empire mod I am making, I am only porting the original Empire into AHD so other people can have something to play until Mikeboy gets to finish the "real deal".

This is my progress so far on porting the original Empire to AHD:

(I have not updated the countries yet, so great powers like France and Austria has low prestige compared to the other countries).

EmpireForAHD.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast