+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I think you should get the small German states, Prussia if it's not a GP, and the north Italian states, along with releasing Hungary as a vassal, but it wasn't me who did the HRE chain so that may be wrong.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Hi,

I have still the problem, that I cant play this mod.

Problem:
    - The Bottons in the MainMenu have wrong names: for example: "singleplayer" is now "multiplayer" or "quit game" is now "Click on the country, you wanne play" (I have installed the german version and translated the names of the buttons). The function of the buttons are ok.
    - If I click on "multiplayer" ("singleplayer function"), I can choose a nation, but many nations ar called USA (for example Austria and Poland). Every Nation has a wrong name.
    - If I choose a nation and start the game, the map loads and the game freeze. I cant do anything but close the game withe the task manager.

My installation:
    1.) I installed the game
    2.) I installed the patch 1.3
    3.) I extract the empire file (called empire 1.3.0 and the extract folder called 1.2.4 ???)
    4.) I copy al files from the empire folder to the main folder of victoria 2 and replaced all files
    5.) I copy the war_event file to the event folder

Please can you help me?
    Whats my fault?

Thanks.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

It doesn't work in german. Sorry.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

It doesn't work in german. Sorry.
    Thats not good.

Why doesnt it work with the german version? The files should be the same or?
    Is there any hope, that the mod will be for the german version too?
    Is there any chance to install it in english so I can use the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by steiner172 View Post
    Thats not good.

Why doesnt it work with the german version? The files should be the same or?
    Is there any hope, that the mod will be for the german version too?
    Is there any chance to install it in english so I can use the mod?
    Takedown messed up the localisation (I supose he had to redo the file) so every country just gets called the USA. If you use the English language version it will be fine, but until the mod is so utterly perfect localisation is top of the priority list, or you do it6 yourself, it will onlky be playable in English.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

So because this won't be released for a while I thought I'd start doing some Dev Diaries, the first one to outline some of the new government types added by Empire Mod:

First I should say there are now in essence 6 different flags usable by each country; the default, communist, imperial, fascist, monarchy and republic. This greater variety means I can include as many historic flags as possible, which would otherwise be more difficult due to the extended time period.

Parliamentary Democracy:
    A primitive democracy, uses the default flag. A parliamentary democracy is representative of some of the earliest attempts at democratic government, historically seen in the Commonwealth of England. In order to civilise from a tribal democracy you must first take a decision giving you this government. Rarely a merchant republic, administrative republic, noble republic, or crowned republic will become one of these. Eventually a civilised parliamentary democracy will reform into a proper Constitutional Republic.

Republican Dictatorship
    A dictatorship ruled by conservatives, very rare and won’t last very long. Mostly seen when the forces of revolution threaten a conservative ruled government. Uses the republic flag.

Crowned Republic
    No different from a Constitutional Monarchy except the use of the republic flag. Currently has events to turn it into over governments but not into it so the United Provinces is probably the only case you will see.

Tribal Democracy & Tribal Despotism
    Same as a constitutional republic and despotic monarchy. However these governments can’t civilise and must first become a parliamentary democracy or despotic monarchy respectively. This is done through decision.

Theocracy & Electoral Theocracy
    Currently theocracy, papacy, and archbishopric exist in game, for the next version I shall be amalgamating these all into the theocracy and electoral theocracy government. The difference obviously being that one can have elections. Uses the Imperial flag. The most notable case of this is the Papal States, which if just a normal monarchy won’t use the papal flag and shall instead be named the Roman Empire. If the Papal States isn’t one of these it shall have a special Catholic rebel type aiming to return the Pope to power. This is also used if one wishes to make an Islamic caliphate.

Fascist Monarchy
    The fascists and monarch may work together to give this government, historically existed in Italy and Japan. Uses the monarchy flag. If the state is near collapse the two sides of power might begin to blame each other and attempt to oust the other side.

Nationalist Dictatorship
    If a presidential dictatorship embraces the idea of fascism this emerges. It’s very rare and is a dictatorship where you can select either the reactionaries or the fascists to lead. Uses the fascist flag.

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

oooh!

BTW, is there a problem with the modding (other than the obvious doing it)?

Well I'm using bookmarks now rather than just having the 1701 Grand Campaign. It's rather difficult to do that without a finished example, but the end result should be worth it. So when AHD comes out there should be 3 scenarios, and I'd like eventually to get that up to at least 5 (the extra two bookmarks being a revolutionary period starting about 1780 and the 1900s, possibly World War 1).

Are the jobs on the title page still needing to be done?

Well I've been working through the needed flags myself, but as I'm no graphic modder they aren't the best quality. I could also do inventions but someone else doing them or at least the research will save time and allow me to focus on events/decisions. POPs still need doing. And I also need someone who could mod the tech interface so I can put more techs in.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    Well I've been working through the needed flags myself, but as I'm no graphic modder they aren't the best quality. I could also do inventions but someone else doing them or at least the research will save time and allow me to focus on events/decisions. POPs still need doing. And I also need someone who could mod the tech interface so I can put more techs in.
    Some gentleman in the Graphics forum created flags for European states that existed during EU3's timeframe. Some of these (especially German and Italian ones) may come in handy for what you're trying to accomplish. In particularly, what flags are you looking for?

Modding the interface is relatively easy. The tech screen background is located in gfx/interface, and you'll just have to remove the progression areas to accommodate the additional tech boxes. I don't remember whether or not the tech boxes will change size automatically if you add more, but if not, you'll just need to change the size of the tech boxes in interface/country_technology so that X amount will fit in Y pixels of space.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Having a really fun game as the Bourbon Empire and I'm progressively colonising / conquering all of the Americas and have created the Confederation of the Rhine by 1725

Questions:
    1. Is it possible to change the release-nation chains so that let's say I'm the Bourbon Empire and I release Mehiko, that the primary cultures for it are French and Spanish? As they are the largest cultures in the borders of Mehiko?
    1a. Are there any events that will make the colonial cultures? Such as Mexicans? For at the moment, the only Mexicans that I see are in California!

2. Where in the defines.lua or w/e is the pre-requisites for things such as conquest or establish protectorate? When I say prerequisities, I mean the amount of states that the state has to consist of before I'm allowed to use conquest or establish protectorate, because it's a bit b/s that I'm forced to launch a bunch of mini-wars with the Native American minors and then take on hugh slabs of infamy.. when in reality no one in the world would really give that much of a toss about the Native Americans.. I basically want to change the pre-req for "establish protectorate" from 1 state, to like 3 or 4.. I know how to change the infamy things so that isn't a worry.
    Last edited by robb1993; 29-11-2011 at 11:54. Reason: Had another thought

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    Some gentleman in the Graphics forum created flags for European states that existed during EU3's timeframe. Some of these (especially German and Italian ones) may come in handy for what you're trying to accomplish. In particularly, what flags are you looking for?

Modding the interface is relatively easy. The tech screen background is located in gfx/interface, and you'll just have to remove the progression areas to accommodate the additional tech boxes. I don't remember whether or not the tech boxes will change size automatically if you add more, but if not, you'll just need to change the size of the tech boxes in interface/country_technology so that X amount will fit in Y pixels of space.
    I saw those, he said modders can use them so long as credit is given so I'll use what I need.

Right thanks for putting that, what I was really hoping for were scrollers, like what was seen in Pax Britannica.

Quote Originally Posted by pixies57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1993 View Post
    Having a really fun game as the Bourbon Empire and I'm progressively colonising / conquering all of the Americas and have created the Confederation of the Rhine by 1725

Questions:
    1. Is it possible to change the release-nation chains so that let's say I'm the Bourbon Empire and I release Mehiko, that the primary cultures for it are French and Spanish? As they are the largest cultures in the borders of Mehiko?
    1a. Are there any events that will make the colonial cultures? Such as Mexicans? For at the moment, the only Mexicans that I see are in California!

2. Where in the defines.lua or w/e is the pre-requisites for things such as conquest or establish protectorate? When I say prerequisities, I mean the amount of states that the state has to consist of before I'm allowed to use conquest or establish protectorate, because it's a bit b/s that I'm forced to launch a bunch of mini-wars with the Native American minors and then take on hugh slabs of infamy.. when in reality no one in the world would really give that much of a toss about the Native Americans.. I basically want to change the pre-req for "establish protectorate" from 1 state, to like 3 or 4.. I know how to change the infamy things so that isn't a worry.
    1. It's not possible to do that at this time, mostly because in the finished version there shouldn't be an overabundance of pops that aren't Mexican or nativeg, though Mexican pops need redoing anyway. Which is to do with 1a, for now I think the only thing I can do is give newly independent colonial nations a massive assimilation modifier.

2. common/cb_types, I'll be adding stuff for the native Americans in the next update.
    Last edited by Mikeboy; 30-11-2011 at 23:26.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Simply copy the technology interface file from Pax Britannica, and you should have scrollers. If that doesn't work, can you link me to the modification, and I'll take a look at the coding? It shouldn't be too hard to replicate.

The mod's here. I can't just take stuff from others mods at will.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    The mod's here. I can't just take stuff from others mods at will.
    There was no download link, and I wasn't able to figure out how to do it on my own, so I sent the maker of the mod a private message.

Dev Diary 2 - Sub-States

So, I’ve been thinking about how the sub-states of AHD could be used in Empire, and there’s lots of areas where they could be applied. Of course as I haven’t had a chance to play AHD or the beta I can’t say for sure this is exactly what I’ll do, but here are my preliminary plans.

The viceroyalties:

The Viceroyalties of the Spanish Empire and Brazil shall be included as sub states of their father nations. Viceroyalties all start as absolute monarchies and may move on to more constitutional forms of monarchy however if they become another form of government, or their master state becomes such then it will prompt a succession crisis. This will also happen if the whole Viceroyalty is highly militant. In some cases they will be directly succeeded by these states:

Viceroyalty of Peru – Peru
    Viceroyalty of the Rio de la Plata – Argentina
    Viceroyalty of New Granada – Gran Colombia
    Viceroyalty of New Spain – Mexican Empire
    Viceroyalty of Brazil – guess?

However it’s likely that it will then fracture, with declarations of independence from states like the UPCA. You can attempt to keep them together by war, or let them go independent. If a particular territory within a viceroyalty has high militancy, like Rio Grande del Sul or Entre Rios then it will declare independence from the viceroyalty and have to war against it and it’s colonial master. Sometimes if a succession crisis occurs then the viceroyalty will split into its constituent state by default. Keep in mind though, the former colonial overlord will also be trying to reacquire it’s colonies. The Viceroyalty of Brazil is unique from the Spanish in that it can be annexed by Portugal via decision into the new TAG of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves. However this will ramp up militancy for the Brazilian pops and could prompt Brazillian independence movements. So hopefully South America will be a tinderbox, particularly with the civil war system I plan to integrate.

I think another advantage of the viceroyalty system is that it will allow colonial pops to be done properly, which I’m very happy about.

Companies:

The 18th and 19th centuries were an era of rampant and powerful capitalism, and this was nowhere more apparent than in the companies, non-state bodies that saw granted to them vast swathes of land to exploit. Companies are sub-states that are bourgeois dictatorships (they finally have a purpose!) that exist from the start of the game, they give resources to their master state and also give them yearly income. The companies are:

Hudson’s Bay Company
    British East India Company
    Dutch East India Company

It is also possible to have new companies formed later in the game. Companies may be annexed by the father state by decision after a certain tech level is reached. Allowing you direct control over their territories, but will anger capitalists. The exception to this is the British East India Company, which instead of being annexed changes government to an absolute monarchy; The British Raj.

Miscellaneous:
    Some other sub-states will exist such as Ireland which was historically annexed to the Great Britain by the Act of Union 1801, and Congress Poland formed by the partition of Poland decision chain.

Hi love this mod having a great time playing england trying to snap up india and the americas without becoming a tyrant . I've just got a few problems I wondered if you could help me out with

1) when I play the mod the desktop window manager (whatever that is) stops working every 10 or 20 minutes causing my display to go blank for a few minutes and then everything works again, of course this is quite a problem mid game and is always kinda frustrating.

desktop window manager crash.jpg

2) Scotland is a great power with military score of 231 while they've conquered no provinces and have an army of 1000 men with a navy of two ships, slightly frustrating especially when your playing as england . I guess I can DOW them but badboy adds up quick and it's kind of a pain. oh and they also have 114 generals that's like one for every 9 guys in their army

2011-12-10_00002.jpg

2011-12-10_00001.jpg

Love any help great mod keep up the good work
    Last edited by V1rtu4lFL3tch; 10-12-2011 at 14:55.

I love the dev diaries keep them up!
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

POPs Problems

I'm not an expert on POP's but could the problem of shortages of goods be because of a lack of the resources they are made from? For instance for Small Arms you need steel. Where are they supposed to get Steel from? You could fix this issue by in the beginning of the game giving random countries a substantial amount of resources. Then trade will do the rest, allowing for steel and other goods to spread, and with the raw materials to spread. Although this is all Hypothetical if the lack of raw materials is the issue this could be fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast