+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Empire Mod

1701-1936

So what is Empire mod? It is a mod for Victoria 2 which gives you an extra 135 years of gameplay from 1701 to 1936. This new timeline gives you two new eras to playthrough, the 18th century enlightenment and the Napoleonic era. Your overall strategy will be to become the number 1 ranked nation in the world and stay that way for as long as possible although you will certainly be able to play to your own goals if you so choose, especially if playing as a minor nation like Sumatra, Anhalt or the a North American Tribe. The government types available in Vicky 2 has been expanded to give a wider variety of flavour to politics. With government types ranging from Noble Republics to Enlightened Absolutism and Imperial Autocracies. There are new events covering the enlightenment period, a revolutionary and empire system, and a new dynamic tech tree which allows technologies to progress naturally rather than be constrained by historical year. POP promotion has changed so no more rich farmers suddenly becoming aristocrats. Farmers can move to craftsmen but only when there are modern type factories available for them to work in (so about after 1750), artisans will stay artisans until the industrial era arrives (they might be so poor they are now forced to take work in the new factories) or rich enough so as to promote to capitalists. Soldiers promote to officers and officer to aristocrats and so you get the idea. In otherwords POPs are now subject to a rigid social hierarchy or ladder that they might climb (or fall down) depending on how well are doing economically. There are plenty of new nations fit this new era such as Shan, the mighty Bourbon Empire, the Holy Roman Empire and the Confederation of the Rhine.

Let the age of Empire begin!

Other threads:
    Bugs & Issues
    Empires & Gameplay Reports

DOWNLOAD LINK 1.3.0 BETA
    Copy and paste over vanilla 1.3, replaceing when prompted
    Quickfix: copy this into your events folder: war_events.txt

Credits:
    Mikeboy (Mod Leader)
    takedown47
    sujit
    garudamon11
    zaracassie
    illapa
    oberstbrooksy
    The historian
    wedgeskwalker9
    EMT0
    CarbrBard
    Legosim
    Takeo92
    Seek75
    sswetzen
    Shadowkano (Iberia Country Mod)
    Rylock (Great Wars Mod)

Empire is a community mod, if you want to help it's always appreciated. Currently looking for someone to do; POPs, inventions or flags.
    Last edited by Mikeboy; 05-02-2012 at 12:20.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I've been waiting for this mod for ages. Can't wait for the download to end.

EDIT: I'm assuming this is for 1.3?
    Last edited by CaptRobau; 19-06-2011 at 01:50.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

You made my day.
    "Not through speeches and majority decisions will the great questions of the day be decided - that was the great mistake of 1848 and 1849 - but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    EDIT: I'm assuming this is for 1.3?
    Yes, sorry I should have included that.

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Finally, official beta!

Sweet, sweet beta...
    A rebel without a cause.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You might want to list takedown as the former mod leader, he did start this and should deserve a bit more recognition.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Subscribed, but i'm having a few problems.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

I hope that the mod will live and grow huge =) and It might be better to sett me up as a former member, then again I will be playing this mod alot in the future.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    Subscribed, but i'm having a few problems.
    Yeah, it's just regular 1.3 after unpacking....
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why are you talking to yourself? 0.o
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Did it unpack it into and Empire mod folder inside the victoria 2 folder? that happened to me once
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Here's a small preview of some of the next version. I've added some flavour for France that gives it the ability to build the historic First French Empire!

Forming the Confederation of the Rhine is already in 1.3.0, to do so simply sphere, or control the core states. You can vassalise Spain (Crown the King of Spain) via two ways; one is the historic way of militarily destroying them, the other is by having them in your sphere. Both require you to have the Revolutionary Empire government type and a massive 1000 prestige. To form Italy you must conquer or have in-sphere the historic Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy, be a Revolutionary Empire and have 800 prestige. The decision will add Italy as your vassal and all Italian states in your sphere will join the new Italy. However Italian countireds not in your sphere, your own Italian provinces or Italian provinces controlled by a non-Italian culture country won't be included (In the example picture I had S-P, Lombardia, Venice and Mantua in my sphere).

I did this through cheating, in reality it's a lot harder and in large part up to chance; France needs to have a Revolution Risk of 99 between 1780 and 1799 to undergo a revolution and become a republic, then it's up to chance if you'll have a Head of Government that'll declare the French Empire (A Revolutionary Empire, the govtype you need to vassalise Spain and Italy). So even if you set out to build the historic French Empire it is by no means guaranteed you'll achieve it, and the chance of the AI doing so is miniscule.

But enough monkeys on typewriters.....

Game freezes while loading events

Quickfix for that is under the download link, copy and paste it into the events folder.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Where exactly is the Revolution risk indicator? I can't find it. I really want to know what my revolution risk is

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz8 View Post
    Where exactly is the Revolution risk indicator? I can't find it. I really want to know what my revolution risk is
    If I remember correctly, it replaces plurality.
    A rebel without a cause.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Installed and added the event quickfix, crashes for me while loading.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Crashes for me while loading, crashes in the "compressed data" part after loading the textures for the quads and such...

Was I supposed to install all the files over a clean copy of vanilla? Or place it in the mod folder? there are no visible instructions.. which'd be nice..

game freezes upon loading history...
    any idea to why; how to fix this?
    thanks

Well, I have a problem with this mod. The localisation is messed up, for example Englend has "Flanders" over it on map. And second, much worse problem is it CTD after loading up some nation.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast