• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

i8pikachu

Corporal
32 Badges
Mar 16, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion 2
I'm playing as Two Sicilies and I went into Africa to take Tunis but by the time I arrived France already occupied half of it. Algeria was in no one's sphere and had no allies. So I went to Algeria and occupied and annexed it. But while I was annexing it Great Britain, France, The Netherlands, Sweden, and a few other countries declared war on me. My allies, Greece and Serbia, refused to help so I gave into their demands after trying to fight by being contained by all these nations.

Now I can't create an army and I pay tons of cash to those who declared war on me and I suspect this won't stop.

So what should be my next move? What did I do wrong?

to be more technical, at over 25 infamy, every nation gets a Causus Belli against you for "cut down to size". It does sound like GB went to war against you for it, and called alot of allies

I see. Yeah, attacking two nations without cause might do it. I thought I would make them pay for keeping my resources under their sand.

Is there a way to reduce infamy?

Five years without an army is going to be very difficult.

I see. Yeah, attacking two nations without cause might do it. I thought I would make them pay for keeping my resources under their sand.

If you don't mind cheating to save the game, open the console and type in "event 18540", without the quotes, as many times as you need to bring your infamy down.

I have some problems with the whole infamy (badboy) creating CB's for everyone. While a Great Power or consortium of nations in reality might engage in a cut down to size war or war of containment to punish an agressive upstart, it gets ridiculous when some place half way around the world with whom you have no quarrel or interest initiates these badboy wars.

By the way, when playing Two Sicilies the very first thing you should do on the first day of the game is to declare war on Tunisia and conquer it before the French get there. You should be able to do it with the military you have at hand without any real problems. Don't worry about the money, tax your people to the max and raise tariffs to the max and you'll be able to get out of the debt fairly soon after you co the conquest. Also, don't worry about your population emigrating elsewhere as many of them will now emigrate to your new Tunisian colony.

Here's a risk you might want to take: Watch the French, they'll probably make peace with Algeria without taking all of it, and during the five year truce, you can then take most of the rest, if nothing else, Constantine. However, remember that France will now have a core against you for that and probably will declare war on you eventually. If so, you can just give it back, but if your alliances are right you can probably get away with it. Then off to taking Crete from the Egyptians, and the start of a long series of wars against them.

Can't help stating here once again that Corsica should be a state by itself, so that whoever is playing Italy or an Italian state doesn't have to try and take all of French Provence just to get Corsica.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the help.

If I was more experienced with the game, I would probably continue to see where it goes by being punished for infamy, but I'm going to start over and immediately declare war on Tunisia.

Thanks again!