• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And about USSR ? How many tanks ? Is T-34 available ? How many divisions ? It's a secret...
On the map, forts appears in front of Mokba, behind the Dniepr river, and surrounding Leningrad. Their strength level ? It's a secret...

"- Italy may join the war after the fall of Paris"

hmmm maybe the Germans want the Italian away from war for now thats why they dont take Paris.
I think that is not wise... Anyway nice start from Germany, i will follow this... Keep the updates comming mate :)

I have taken Paris few time after this shot.
The reason why Italy has still not joined the war is...classified Military secrecy :D

Another MP AAR. Great! I like the House Rule set up. Perhaps dangerous to have a player on US from start - but on the other hand, Axis win most MP games without balancing by mod/HR so it is perhaps a quite good idea. In our MP group, were we HR a lot, we have tried to avoid blocking actions to a certain date - like ure 42-date with US. This specific set up takes away the incentive for Axis to avoid getting high threat and they are consequently likely to thrash away like mad dogs ;) Still, it is allways difficult to keep HoI perfectly ballance. Anyway - I like your set up and look forwards to see it unfold.

By the way - didn't UK try to intervene when Germany took Norway?

And if you can - it would be interesting to see more about the diplomatic struggle. Have any minors joined sides yet?

Hey CPT; welcome aboard!

Another MP AAR. Great! I like the House Rule set up. Perhaps dangerous to have a player on US from start - but on the other hand, Axis win most MP games without balancing by mod/HR so it is perhaps a quite good idea.

I am not a pro with running the USA-not even close, but I can see what will happen. When the USA finally gets into the fray it will have stupendous IC and inexhaustible resources. With looming USA involvement, the monkey is really on the Axis's back-they must have things well under control before USA intervention. With a human run USA I think the choice for a major effort by Germany in the battle of the Atlantic is guaranteed.
The house rules, although not perfect, serve a good purpose. In the current design, there is little reason for the USA to remain neutral after the war starts. I could have easily taken the USA into the allied camp during the last 3 years-and be at war now-if allowed. I also have to contend with the possibility of Jap attack in May of 1940-so there are some great unknowns-for the USA anyway. It seems the Axis are getting off a little easy on that point.

By the way - didn't UK try to intervene when Germany took Norway?

If it did it was with naval power only. The operation went down so quickly I suspect it was purely an air assault invasion.

And if you can - it would be interesting to see more about the diplomatic struggle. Have any minors joined sides yet?

The only minor to join the Axis is Hungary-which is human controlled. It occurred shortly after the fall of France. I am using some spare leadership to steer some South American countries to the correct path. After the USA is in the Allied camp, there will soon be several minors joining the Allied side.

Dearest Comrade Fred

I have noted the fortress construction. It seems to e a smart way to go. As for your tanks-I hope thise are a lot more modern and plentiful than American tanks.

And about USSR ? How many tanks ? Is T-34 available ? How many divisions ? It's a secret...
On the map, forts appears in front of Mokba, behind the Dniepr river, and surrounding Leningrad. Their strength level ? It's a secret...

The Yanks will win the war for you-all you have to do is delay the Nazi war machine for a year or so--should be easy to do...:)

Hi Mythos

"- Italy may join the war after the fall of Paris"

hmmm maybe the Germans want the Italian away from war for now thats why they dont take Paris.
I think that is not wise... Anyway nice start from Germany, i will follow this... Keep the updates comming mate :)

Through a communication security breech it has become known that Italy's officer corps is woefully lacking. I doubt that Benito wants a war with any nation that has a real army--for a while anyway.
We are having another game session today, the third one. I suspect this will take us well into Operation Barbarossa--a year ahead of schedule. I still have some updates pending from the last session--all will be forthcoming in time. :)

Effects of the War on the USA

The collapse of France had multiple affects around the globe. On the positive side, it has reduced the USA's neutrality. Due to the overwhelming isolationism of the US, the neutrality level has hovered around the 100% mark-even though considerable intelligence efforts have been made to reduce it. Henceforth, such efforts to reduce neutrality will be on a higher priority-and should have better results.

Due to several events, the US neutrality has dropped to under 65%. Japan demanding French Indochina was part of that new situation.

17oct39japindochi.jpg

By maestro252 at 2011-06-23

The Passage of the Lend Lease Act had a profound affect on neutrality.

ct17lendlesaeact.jpg

The results of the various recent events was a rapid increase in industrial capacity use. Also, very importantly, the reduction in consumer goods demands.

18oct39.jpg

One other very significant improvement was in military preparedness. Officer training was almost non existent to this point in time. This was an additional reason not to embark on any kind of large scale Army buildup. Moving to a one year draft is not all that great, but it is at least a step in the right direction-the first in almost 4 years.

polmil19oct39.jpg

Global View

Japan seems to have slowed down in its quest of dominance in Asia. There is not much more for it to take. Due to its much larger naval forces, it is actually more of an immediate threat to the USA. If not for the enforced peace agreement, war with the Empire of Japan would be a very likely to break out at any time.

japanaug39.jpg

Hungary, for whatever reason, decided to join the Axis within days of the fall of France. On October 21 the word arrived.

21octhungaryax.jpg

August Storm MP - Jackda & Tibourne VS Dermeister AAR

August Storm MP - Jackda & Tibourne VS Dermeister
AAR by Dermeister

[video=youtube;5C4AzuMJym8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C4AzuMJym8[/video]​

rofl, I think thats the first time I've seen someone put a video on youtube for an AAR.

rofl, I think thats the first time I've seen someone put a video on youtube for an AAR.
MOST HILARIOUS THING IN AN AAR EVER!

And this is something that has [post=10427491]bird poop[/post] to compete with...

After watching that video I actually want to try multiplayer!

MOST HILARIOUS THING IN AN AAR EVER!

And this is something that has [post=10427491]bird poop[/post] to compete with...

After watching that video I actually want to try multiplayer!

I am new to HoI MP-I was expecting a much greater challenge and enjoyment-got that. I was not expecting to be brought to laughing tears from the antics of crazy Frenchmen. This is a riot :)

I am new to HoI MP-I was expecting a much greater challenge and enjoyment-got that. I was not expecting to be brought to laughing tears from the antics of crazy Frenchmen. This is a riot :)

I love this new vid from derm, maybe because it is not as caricatured as it seems :D

Indeed, derm has done well ingame (this time he has chosen to be wise and to follow the principles I'm trying to teach him for a loooooong while :D).
Even if I controlled the DAK and the Luftwaffe there was nothing much I could have done in those circumstances.

The decision has not been made by Air or even by Navy but by amateurishness and underestimate of the opponent.
The Italian forces never managed to deploy his units correctly and never focused on the back defence of the attack's Spearhead (my DAK forces).

Once the DAK reached the Libyan coasts, in July 1940, there where still no Italian troops in the whole Afrika.

Despite all my demands since the beginning f the game, Italian leader has not prepared this campaign, he has kept useless forces in Sicilia ( in all the cases, it can't be defended if UK chose to invade it, so what the use putting units there?).
In Italia he kept hundreds of brigades on the coast, as if UK would have been mad enough to invade it while the German forces in Europe have nothing much to do.

The Reggia Marina (RIP) was supposed to secure the way to Libya...
Almost no new ships, only spare upgrades.

And the Italian Army was supposed to keep the German's back, in two words: protect the coasts.
Here again the Italian promises has not been followed with concrete acts.

Anyway, I assume my part in this catastrophic failure, I shouldn't have committed my DAK still no Italian units were deployed in Libya during peacetime ( Italy DOW UK in July 1940!).
I should have imposed first (instead of repeated but useless demands) to Italy to send his many useless troops stationed in mainland, in Libyan coasts.

What is done is done, we still aim to win the war despite this failure.
We will try to make UK pay for that...:p

EDIT: I've just noticed that it is my 1812th post, I hope it won't have any influence on my campaign in the East :eek:o

Last edited:
North Africa seems to be lost for the Axis.

But on the map, I can see german territories on UK mainland. Two beacheads : the first one near Newcastle, and the second one near Plymouth...

So, the movie was truly good :rofl:

Meanwhile, as the Allied success in Africa unfolded... The Canadian army and its gloriously talented leader fell asleep and made little to no contribution to the effort. But the morale support was undeniably impressive. =D