• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter Eleven - Never Trust A Slav
Or whatever you call somone from Yugoslavia, just don't trust them.

The German advance in the north has grounded to a halt but the town of Milawa was taking a beating from multiple directions, also the Luftwaffe wasn't doing Poland any favors.
HoI3_1-7.jpg

The first battle in the Baltic countries involving the Baltic countries was just setting off with participants from Lithuania, Latvia and Poland all fighting for the towns of Plunge.
HoI3_2-8.jpg

Eventually, the allies were victorious!

Poland advanced technology in the assault sector, which proved to be a complete waste of time as it was based on Mechanical and Motorized warfare.

But now, everything was about to change as the chance to use Yugoslavia's great army for good use. It was time to deliver Yugoslavia with a call of arms and let them fight the Germans!

But they refused, the pact was ripped up and Yugoslavia did not enter the war. (play this)

Things went from bad to worse, the town of Milawa after a long siege finally surrendered to the German onslaught. This put the Capital in a very, very bad position.
HoI3_5-5.jpg

And more attacks were coming in as the retreat was put into action. The battle for Warsaw had begun and an army was sent to a couple towns east of Warsaw to attempt to lessen the attack.
HoI3_8-4.jpg

Infantry Warfare technology had been advanced, but I doubt it will make any difference in the outcome of the war.

Amazingly, after only a couple hours of fighting, the Germans cancelled the attack on Warsaw. The Plunge attackers were returning to the front lines of the battle and an army began an attempt to reclaim some land.
HoI3_11-7.jpg

Despite previous fall outs, Poland and Yugoslavia were back in an alliance.
HoI3_10-5.jpg

This was the plan that would have been put into effect if Yugoslavia joined the cause, Britain is advancing nicely along the Benelux, but France has stupidly retreated and left a massive hole. Also, the Finnish winter war which nobody was asking me about; surprisingly the Finns' are putting up very little resistance and Helsinki has been taken.
HoI3_13-5.jpg

HoI3_14-4.jpg

___
Sadly, I was so angry that I forgot to take a screenie of the failed call of arms, sorry.

And this wasn't here before because I had to go out and I wanted this up as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Chapter Twelve - Mo' Fighting

The war was raging on and all through the world, diplomacy was considered key for success. Even the Soviets wanted an ally in these treacherous times. Japan fitted the bill for them.
HoI3_1-8.jpg

Back at home, the defensive strategy wasn't exactly working too well. So the cabinet agreed on an offensive march! To retake some fields just east of the river!
HoI3_2-9.jpg

Spurred on by the offensive to their south, the Konnigsberg assault troops marched on, achieving a great battle and advancing forward towards Danzig.
HoI3_3-9.jpg

However, not everything was absolutely dandy, the Germans made a counter attack and retook a province along the Baltic! But the Germans would not hold it for long, as a counter-counter attack was being initiated.
HoI3_4-8.jpg

The Polish forces were victorious once more at the Battle of Kock, the name seems odd though... seeing that Kock was miles away from the front line and was nearer Russia then the Vistula. Anywho, we won.
HoI3_5-6.jpg

By the end of the month, the battlefields were in quite a mess. The front line was more like a scribble and Baltic troops had finally got to Poland.
HoI3_6-4.jpg

Oh yea, and Yugoslavia finally joined the war.

That is a tough game. I just thought you are defending behind the Vistula and not attacking across it.
Well why not! I'm going down fighting!

Japan in the Comintern? Very interesting.
If I'm honest, I think my game's bugged. I haven't had a game where Japan actually joined Axis. Usually they get stuck on the bottom in the middle. I guess Germany was too distracted and confused by the Allied Balkans to attempt to have Japan.

Just read through the AAR. Very interesting. Great job so far. Japan in the Cominterm, that changes things dramatically, will be interested to see how Asia plays out
I should do an update on Asia next chapter. I'll try to remember. (it will be the update, after the next one (14))

Just read through this, and what entertained me the most were your sarcastic comments. Keep it up :D

Chapter Thirteen - Warsaw is gone, almost.
With Yugoslavia now at war with our common enemy, Germany, it was time for them to release their troops into the heart of undefended Germany, and take the south!
HoI3_2-10.jpg

Oh, retreating. Fine then. I'll do all the bloody work, whilst you and Hungary both die a fiery death. Fine.
Bloody tarts.

Back in Poland, our soldiers have lost the battle of Warsaw. With both sides having taken small causalities, it was best if we retreated back to Ostrow Mazoweika.
HoI3_3-10.jpg

It was not all bad though, a new land fort was constructed, this meant only 2 provinces were being left out of the Vistula defense line, which both would be constructed later in the month.
HoI3_4-9.jpg

The area around Warsaw was under heavy fire, all provinces were being attacked and defended simultaneously. Unfortunately, Ostrow Mazoweika was being attacked by the German might. Although, the Poles outnumbered the Germans 2:1, the Luftwaffe won the battle for them.
HoI3_5-7.jpg

This meant the retreating Corps from Warsaw was now attack German occupied Ostrow. Which meant they stopped retreating to attack, which, in turn, meant the Germans were now attacking Warsaw again. And, to retake Ostrow, Polish forces were sent to attack the province. It's best explained in a picture.
HoI3_6-5.jpg

As you can see, the attacks in the south of the region were nearing success and later, the reoccupation of the town of Kaluszyn was complete and the successes of the army was put up on all newspapers everywhere. This provided a great boost to our nations unity, which was much needed ('twas only 69%).
HoI3_7-9.jpg

Not all was dandy in Poland though, the advances made last month up north were being cut back.
HoI3_8-5.jpg

Also, Hungary was being destroyed by German soldiers, Budapest was now taken and they only needed to take two more cities until a Hungarian surrender was possible. But, it looks like, to Polish intelligence, Germans were retreating from the area as only a few divisions remain.
HoI3_9-6.jpg

The disappearance of soldiers could be due to the fact that the Yugoslavian invasion had just begun and thousands of Germans poured over the border.
HoI3_10-6.jpg

And, once more, the French had lost all progress they had ever made in the past year and was reduced to their original state.
HoI3_11-8.jpg

It's not like the German AI is any better... they could just finish Hungary and then turn on Yougoslavia. Is the Luftwaffe doing anything?

You just really can't trust those Slavs can you?
First they don't wanna join, then they do but don't wanna fight.
Then they turn around and fight the Germans but lose anyway

It's not like the German AI is any better... they could just finish Hungary and then turn on Yougoslavia. Is the Luftwaffe doing anything?
Absolutely, they're winning the war for them (them and their tanks). I think their planes are the only thing stopping me from advancing me so far.

I see nice progress, good luck,

oh and there is that sad truth that, nothing like "good ai" or "smart ai" exists, there is only stupid STUPID script :(
I know :(

Update in....... pleh.....

Chapter Fourteen - Very Well, Alone!
Supporting other AARs, you're welcome

Sitting in city shooting like crazy can only get you so far. With almost no air support and constant bombing, Warsaw had seen better days. And now, German occupation was just the icing on the cake. Support could not make it in time, and the small corps defending the city was now....er... corpses.
HoI3_1-9.jpg

His parliament burning all around him was not the only thing on Sucharski's mind, the army's supplies were running desperately low. As he peered into the City's vault, he noticed it was completely empty. He decided to request a debt to Austrailia and France to lessen the strain on the country's finance. The UK would have refused and South Africa and New Zealand already allow such a debt. The country was also low on wood, oil, metal, electricity and fuel.
HoI3_2-11.jpg

During a daring maneuver, the armies of Kaluszyn were saved from destruction as they, and another army performed a counter attack in order to regain some lost lands.
HoI3_5-8.jpg

Up north, there were victories too as GuttStadt was saved from the Germans as Polish troops outnumbered them 3:2
HoI3_6-6.jpg

Down south, the first real battle had begun in Wisla, the end of the river Vistula (and therefore, much less protected). This is important because, future events may cause this to be a major disturbance.
HoI3_7-10.jpg

And here is that future event.
"How dare they surrender!?" shouted diplomat Beck, "they can never be counted as true Slavs, Poland and Yugoslavia will finish this battle ourselves!"
HoI3_8-6.jpg

"The good thing is that we now have more men under our flag then before, the Hungarians may be a valuable asset" said Rydz
"May be," said Sucharski, "But not enough, and now the Germans have another flank to hit us with. We're in more hot water then in a Finnish sauna"
"Sir, I'm not even sure Finland exists anymore." Replied Pelczynski, "they seem rather invaded at the moment"
"The point is, we need to retreat, further then any nation has done ever!" Sucharski said "except France maybe."
HoI3_10-7.jpg

"I see, but this isn't the final version is it. You Can Decide What Happens Next!" said Rydz

____
Yes.

etreat enables the Wehrmacht to concentrate even more and the Luftwaffe will still be a pain. Even if you stack your new front with 5-6 units each, it'll hardly be enough. Your only hope are, god forbid, the French.

Well the majority of the Wehrmacht that took out Hungary may have to inturn turn around and help take out Yugoslavia, and we cant forget about the British advance along the north of the Maginot line, if they are still advancing