• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This one time, as Poland, I successfully conquested the Baltics, Czechoslovakia, Austria and Hungary and finally turned on Germany, and with the Allies helping me (included Italy; this was vanilla HOI3), we conquered Germany.

(Polish forces marching into Berlin...mmm)

This was 1939.

Poland overpowered Germany in the "Danzig or WAR" event, and single-handedly marched to Berlin.

It seems that your plan is working ;]
Seems. Dont get your hopes up.

This one time, as Poland, I successfully conquested the Baltics, Czechoslovakia, Austria and Hungary and finally turned on Germany, and with the Allies helping me (included Italy; this was vanilla HOI3), we conquered Germany.

(Polish forces marching into Berlin...mmm)
Lucky you, how the heck did you do it? I guess noneutrality?

Well Polish troops marched into Berlin in 1945, but could have done that in 1933 too...
I doubt that. Give me a wikipedia page.

This was 1939.

Poland overpowered Germany in the "Danzig or WAR" event, and single-handedly marched to Berlin.
Denmark did it, why can't Poland? (you're welcome Skovbjerg). Eh, I dont think I'm that good. And I'm playing defensively and I hope France will be able to march into Berlin if I offer gun targets for the Germans.

Update in >10mins.

Chapter Nine - Casualties In War
The Polish Air Force had barely bombed a house before it had to be sent back to base, with tattered wings and a leaking hull. It seems it will be out of service for the rest of the war.
HoI3_1-4.jpg

For some strange reason, Slovakia and Germany now had a Non Aggressive Pact.

Bulgaria had effectively joined the Axis after signing an Alliance with Italy.

Sucharski's plan had served him well so far, but if the Allies were to gain any movement in the east, they we're going to need some more support in the east rather then just Hungary and Poland. It was settled that Sucharski would demand a new alliance with the Baltic states, and offer one to Yugoslavia.*
HoI3_4-4.jpg

This was not much to his liking, Yugoslavia would have opened a 4th side for Germany to defend and the Baltic states offered minimal troops in their armies. Nevertheless, the war must continue.

Things we're not all dandy though, Sucharski feared that Danzig would not hold for longer then a week. The Luftwaffe, too strong, German tanks, too fast. A division was sent to ease off the Danzig assault but not to much effect.
HoI3_6-3.jpg

The Great Advance to Konnigsberg had begun. Thousands of Poles marched across the plains to Konnigsberg and the surrounding towns.
HoI3_9-3.jpg

But on that very same day, German had made a breakthough, just as Sucharski had predicted. The fort, AA and town of Webrenzo was ruthlessly taken from Poland by the Reich. It would be hell trying to take it back.
HoI3_8-2.jpg

Things we're made worse as Danzig was taken little more then a few hours later.

The next morning, the sun was shining and the birds were singing. And also the deadly Panzers and 40000 German troops marched into the Fortified town of Brodnica. The Polish garrison there put up one hell of a fight killing 10% of the Germans despite being outnumbered.
HoI3_12-2.jpg

This left the historically victorious town of Grudziadz, the last defense in the Danzig region. Despite being attacked from all four angles and the evacuation plan failing, despite resources being critical and some of the troops dying from hunger, resistance to the Germans was strong.
HoI3_14-2.jpg

Finally some good news arrived at the office, after days of negotiations, Sucharski had finally managed to convince the newly allied Baltic states to declare war on Germany. Hopefully, the few thousand men they can supply will help the defense in Poland.
HoI3_15-2.jpg

Because of Hungary's rather poor defense, Slovakia was liberated.

New Zealand asked us to Allow Debt, which we accepted. Relations with allies is key.

Although all of down river was losing, the buck stopped and Rypin which successfully kept the Germans at bay and Poland from losing yet more forts.
HoI3_20-1.jpg

Finally, after days of conflict, the battle and assault of Konnigsberg was finally over. Poland had finally captured the city of Sucharski's desire.

HoI3_19-1.jpg

Europe map, Poland has taken Konnigsberg and only a few beaches remain under Germany on that side of the river. Hungary is starting to lose land and Slovakia is back on the map. France is making minimal gains.
HoI3_21-1.jpg

_____
*Baltic states were very likely, Yugoslavia was maybe. Everyone else was impossible.

its odd how New zealand always asks to run debts as people get invaded.. but hopefully your Baltic allies will make the diffrence in the defense ^^

France is making minimal gains
The french never seems to actually make a full hearted attack germany :(

Really interesting so far; I wish you the best of luck and will follow closely!

Seems. Dont get your hopes up.

Lucky you, how the heck did you do it? I guess noneutrality?

I doubt that. Give me a wikipedia page.

Denmark did it, why can't Poland? (you're welcome Skovbjerg). Eh, I dont think I'm that good. And I'm playing defensively and I hope France will be able to march into Berlin if I offer gun targets for the Germans.

Update in >10mins.

I was studying extended history and I read a lot about ww2,

In 1945 I it's obvious, as less known fact let me say that first flag on Branderburg gate was Polish one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Berlin

I won't find you any internet article because I read that multiple time in diffrent books and heard it from history teachers that in 1933 Piłsudski wanted to gang bang Germany when Hitler came to power, but France refused and later we know what happened.

Last edited:
This looks like Germany will take out Hungary first and then turn around for Poland. Though I can see no reason why the hell the French AI is not attacking....

its odd how New zealand always asks to run debts as people get invaded.. but hopefully your Baltic allies will make the diffrence in the defense ^^

The french never seems to actually make a full hearted attack germany :(
I know, its such a shame as France is historically the best fighter and never uses its full potential :( I wonder if I should turn this into a multiplayer game, then Poland and france can split Germany :p

Really interesting so far; I wish you the best of luck and will follow closely!
Thanks!

I was studying extended history and I read a lot about ww2,

In 1945 I it's obvious, as less known fact let me say that first flag on Branderburg gate was Polish one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Berlin

I won't find you any internet article because I read that multiple time in diffrent books and heard it from history teachers that in 1933 Piłsudski wanted to gang bang Germany when Hitler came to power, but France refused and later we know what happened.
Wow, thats awesome, great stuff. I hope I can replicate that....err.....

This looks like Germany will take out Hungary first and then turn around for Poland. Though I can see no reason why the hell the French AI is not attacking....
Yea, I was thinking that, it seems rather quite on the southern front of the Polish trenches.

From the look of the map, France IS attacking, though not making much progress so far.
Well hopefully it will speed up in the next update.

Oh yea, and update in couple mins

Chapter Ten - Start Of The 4th Front
Or Why the Balkan states never invaded the world

With Konnigsberg taken last week, it was time for the Konnigsberg attackers to regroup, mop up and come to the front lines.

However, not all was dandy, the last Polish part of Danzig was falling, the fort of Grudziadz was destroyed. The small amount of Polish casualties was actually propaganda, there were no survivors of this ruthless battle. Despite have three times more troops, it was the German Panzers and the encirclement that brought the troops down.
HoI3_1-6.jpg

A small German Garrison regiment was escaping from Konnigsberg to the north. Despite only having 7000 troops, it caused the entire infrastructure of Lithuania to callaspe, bringing the trains, planes and cars to standstill. Kind of like England and snow. A few regiments were sent to help our ally.
HoI3_3-7.jpg

To make our allies feel welcome in our territory, transit rights were given to them.

Somehow, the Germans managed to defend a multiple attack from our troops. Bloody hell. The regiments were sent to cut off the Garrison's attack.
HoI3_5-4.jpg

Anywho, back to more important matters, after a couple of night attacks, of which, the Germans suffered many, many casualties (compared to the Polish ones):
HoI3_7-6.jpg

HoI3_8-3.jpg

A minor retreat was made in the Northern area. This was to protect the troops in Rypin which would be very prone to a 3 pronged assault on the town, leaving them practically dead and as surrounded as the troops in Grudziadz.
HoI3_9-4.jpg

Meanwhile, absolutely nothing was happening in the south of Poland. However, south of Poland was Hungary, whom was getting beaten up by the German onslaught, if Hungary were to be taken, the Polish hind would be exposed and a mass retreat would have to be issued.
HoI3_10-4.jpg

"You have to face facts, ze war is lost" Sucharski said to the cabinet
"Well that doesn't sound very inspiring" said Pelczynski, head of intelligence, "you want that splayed across walls on posters?"
"We cannot give up! Our troops will crawl across nails with their fly's undone before we surrender to those bastards!" said Rydz, chief of army "We could try a offensive strike?"
"That will never work!" Sucharski snapped
"Then diplomacy is our option?" Beck asked
"What? Abandon our allies and anyway, those barbarians would never talk!" replied Rydz "I say, attack!"
"No you ignorant, one minded moron", replied Beck, "One last attempt to ally with Yugoslavia, then we let them exhaust their manpower and resources to attack Germany, then, with that diversion in place, we strike and retake all our land, with some nice extras."
HoI3_11-6.jpg

"Oh and it gets better!" Pelczynski said, "Look at the French line! THEY'RE MAKING GOD DAMN PROGRESS!"
HoI3_14-3.jpg

___
*They haven't actually joined the war yet remember, just a week until a call of arms can be issued.

Regarding Polish troops in Berlin, yes this is probably true as there were polish regiments/ brigades in the Red Army.

There was whole Polish army and it consisted around 200k soldiers, but I guess if you count all Poles, but who fought under Soviet flag you could increase that by 2x, it wasn't that easy to get to the Polish army and some just wanted to fight Germans under no matter what flag so it was easiest to recruit in the Soviet army.

Seems that something obvious is not obvious.

French Making noticeable progress. Your telling a lie. That picture can't be from this AAR but from a French game your playing at the same as this game or have you sent a massive chunk of your army to fight with the French and help them along.

It's actually the British making progress in the north while the French use the distraction and sneak forward a bit in the south :x

French Making noticeable progress. Your telling a lie. That picture can't be from this AAR but from a French game your playing at the same as this game or have you sent a massive chunk of your army to fight with the French and help them along.
Pfft, its not the French, its the British! And if I was playing France I'd be in Berlin by now.

Lets see if you can March on Berlin without 2 million Red Army soldiers doing most of the leg work :)
Lets see.

Fun stuff - I hope the line holds!
It already hasn't and thank you.

It's actually the British making progress in the north while the French use the distraction and sneak forward a bit in the south :x
Anybody's advance is good for me :p

Update in.......pfft......