• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But the key from Europa Universalis 3 from Steam is for Eu3, Eu3 Complete or Eu3 Chronicles beacuse I have seen guy with Eu3 Complete,HTTT and DW registered and I have seen too guys with Eu3 Chronicles registered ? for what is that key, I know it don't work ( it starts with CMOS... ) but for what it is ?

Anyone who has this problem and has HttT and DW registered successfully (Daemonfey, I'm looking at you!) and needs the patch to solve a current problem (eg save game bloat), please PM me with an email address that can accept a 21mb file sent to it. I'll try to get the current beta patch out to all of you over the next day or so.

Well, I should have those two and a lot more games registered.

Same problem as everyone else in the thread, ridiculous there isn't a fix or even an updated response yet.

I bought Victoria II on Steam months ago and that wasn't updated with the latest patch... it still hasn't been updated, nor have we had a response.

Sorry, but can Paradox pull their games from Steam if they're not going to support them properly?

I bought Victoria II on Steam months ago and that wasn't updated with the latest patch... it still hasn't been updated, nor have we had a response.

Sorry, but can Paradox pull their games from Steam if they're not going to support them properly?

For some odd reason Paradox games like Victoria 2 seem to not update so when you start Victoria 2, on the launcher click "Check For Update" or something like that. Once you did that it should tell you and if its says there are no update, there must be no new updates unless its a beta which then steam does not use so you have to download it from their website, this one.

EDIT: this is pissing me off, I'm trying to be patient but its hard because I want to try out some mods that came out but their all for V5.1 so my question is why not just release the patch to steam so everyone can get it. Their seems to be no issues with it or at least let us have the option via steam to download it so we can get it soon without having to wait for this COMS issue to be resolved which to me seems to be a HUGE issue.

Last edited:
OK, another user here too.

Steam puts this game on a great sale price and then Paradox doesn't support known issues, with a patch that is up to #5?!?!

And then, we get told to go to the tech support forum, and can't log onto that one either.

You should be able to register HttT and DW here at least. And the problem with the key will not prevent the game from launching.

You're right. There was a thread on the Steam forums where a user had difficulty getting the game to launch and Steam said it was a third-party issue, Paradox. So in order to get support for that problem I'll have to register the game itself. Thank you, though. I knew there was no way the CD key would interfere with start-up but I am still going to need to wait before I can have someone help address this launch issue I'm having.

I'm more than willing to wait for a fix. I've purchased the game and it isn't going anywhere. However, 75% off or not, I'm still less than thrilled a game I purchased isn't working properly. Whether or not that is my own fault, I do not know, and can not know, until Steam and Paradox correct this CD Key problem. I trust both parties can resolve this relatively quickly, and I hope the recent influx of individuals who purchased this game through Steam voicing their concerns adds a sense of urgency and speaks for those who have not taken the initiative to do as we have but are afflicted with similar problems. I know Paradox Interactive and Valve both have a history of treating their customers properly and have full faith in both parties.

Last edited:
Its the save game issue I'm having a problem with.

Known bug for over 4 months, patch available to some but not to everybody? Might be an issue where Steam and Parodox are not talking to each other. But to get told to go to a forum to even discuss it, when you can't get to that forum?

I'm beginning to regret updating to Chronicles, to be honest.

List? I don't see a list mentioned in the original post.

Anyone who has this problem and has HttT and DW registered successfully (Daemonfey, I'm looking at you!) and needs the patch to solve a current problem (eg save game bloat), please PM me with an email address that can accept a 21mb file sent to it. I'll try to get the current beta patch out to all of you over the next day or so.

Pm sent hopefully it solves bloat saves.

I have same problem and why I dont have a only Chronicles cd-key?

I agree, why you didn't make Chronicles cd-keys for steam too? :(