• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also purchased EUIII: Chronicles through Steam recently and am experiencing the exact same problem with not only getting the game to launch, but with registering the CD key here as well. Fortunately, Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon's CD Key, which I also purchased through Steam, works. Hopefully this is an isolated issue since I do intend to eventually purchase Victoria's 1 and 2 and other HoI2 expansions through Steam.

maybe let people with both expansions (DW and HTT) have acess to the forums should be at least a temporary fix to the problem.

or some update about how much more we will wait. A lot of people used the special offer of 7.50 dollars for the chronicles so if this posts already have 8 pages it means a lot more is just waiting without really posting anything.

Well, I'm usually not very participative in the forums, but I will jump on the bandwagon of those that can't register their Chronicles keys.

Please, we would like to play the game without 1gb save games.

Anyone who has this problem and has HttT and DW registered successfully (Daemonfey, I'm looking at you!) and needs the patch to solve a current problem (eg save game bloat), please PM me with an email address that can accept a 21mb file sent to it. I'll try to get the current beta patch out to all of you over the next day or so.

I also purchased EUIII: Chronicles through Steam recently and am experiencing the exact same problem with not only getting the game to launch, but with registering the CD key here as well.
You should be able to register HttT and DW here at least. And the problem with the key will not prevent the game from launching.

Just to add myself to the list of COMS not working.

BTW i had an old EU3 standalone game registered here (2007 or so)... now i've bought Chronicles via Steam.
On which one from the list should i enter the code? EU3 Chronicles i suppose (chronicle is "complete"+htt+dw, "complete" is eu3+in+na - steam gives 3 separate keys for EUIII -- no hints on what they mean --, EUIII - HTT and EUIII - DW), since it has it's own voice, but i'd like to be sure...

Hope problem will be fixed soon :)

Same problem here. This needs a fix fast!!
Why hasn't there been an official explanation as to why this problem exists?

I feel a bit cheated and if i had known this, i wouldn't have bought EU3 Chronicles.

Hi. At first I was for whatever reason not able to register HttT and DW, but have done so successfully now. And like many here, I purchased Chronicles and have not been able to register it by filling in either Complete or Chronicles form fields under My Games. I'm guessing this is why I can't access the 5.1 beta page, for example. I probably can't access other pages that I'm not even aware of. But the game works fine. Do look forward to this being fixed, though. Good luck.

Add me to the list. Why, whyyyyy :)) my parents bought the game for my and they are realy angry becuase I have an error and I want to fix the problem and without the key I can't acces the tech support. Please a solution.