• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you on Mac? If so that's all you get, sorry. Put the key into the EU3:Complete field under MyGames here.

I registered EU III. Installed it but when i click it to play on steam simply nothing happens. I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work? What is the problem?
You have not registered the game here, as there'd be an icon saying so under you name here if you had. Please do that, then post full problem and system details in the Tech Support forum.

I can't register. From my profile I got into my games tab. Then selected Europa Universalis III: Chronicles and paste the code from the mail which paradox sent to me. It says it is an invalid key. I already registered through steam and installed the game so it shouldn't be invalid. Then from steam I right click on EUIII and look for the cd-key. Then I pasted the cd-key for EUIII( which is different from the code Paradox sent) but still it says invalid. What am i supposed to do?

I got the free key from paradox and registered with one of the keys from steam as EU3:Complete (i dont remember which one).I could play on metaservers without any problems but today some players told me that i could download 5.2beta patch from the forums but when i try to reach that forum page it tells me to register my game. Does this mean i can't reach any of the expansion related content? Or is this just the steam bug mentioned before?

Hi,

I got the Chronicles game code from the email and downloaded from Steam. Thank you. The download went fine with the key but now, when I try to play Steam says "failed to contact key server". Now when I try to play Complete I get a runtime error.
When I try to register Chronicles here it says invalid game key. Copy & paste too, not a typo.

Okay, so I registered my game key and it downloaded. All well and good. But I'm not able to play it, because whenever I try to open the game it pops up with a window saying "Failed to contact key server". Any ideas?

I kept doing research and found this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2204-OPGC-4862

None of the reasons listed there are mine except possibly this one:

Steam Support said:
If the game is a recent release, or was purchased during a sale

While we do our best to anticipate demand from our users, occasionally we may run out of keys to provide for your purchase. When we are out of keys, this error will appear. You will be issued a key as soon as we have been given more by the game's publisher.

So, Paradox, is this your issue? Do you need to get these keys we used validated with Steam?

The thing is that the key worked to download the game so I don't understand why it has to validate the key again when playing. On a side note, I have nothing but trouble with Steam. It is a pain in the whosit.

Hi,

I got the Chronicles game code from the email and downloaded from Steam. Thank you. The download went fine with the key but now, when I try to play Steam says "failed to contact key server". Now when I try to play Complete I get a runtime error.
When I try to register Chronicles here it says invalid game key. Copy & paste too, not a typo.
The Steam keys are for Complete, HttT and DW, not Chronicles. You already have Complete registered so can't do it again. So all you need to do is register the two others.

I got the free key from paradox and registered with one of the keys from steam as EU3:Complete (i dont remember which one).I could play on metaservers without any problems but today some players told me that i could download 5.2beta patch from the forums but when i try to reach that forum page it tells me to register my game. Does this mean i can't reach any of the expansion related content? Or is this just the steam bug mentioned before?
You need to register HttT and DW here too.

I can't register. From my profile I got into my games tab. Then selected Europa Universalis III: Chronicles and paste the code from the mail which paradox sent to me. It says it is an invalid key. I already registered through steam and installed the game so it shouldn't be invalid. Then from steam I right click on EUIII and look for the cd-key. Then I pasted the cd-key for EUIII( which is different from the code Paradox sent) but still it says invalid. What am i supposed to do?
You paste the key into the EU3:Complete field, it will work there. You will also have keys for HttT and DW.

I kept doing research and found this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2204-OPGC-4862

None of the reasons listed there are mine except possibly this one:

So, Paradox, is this your issue? Do you need to get these keys we used validated with Steam?

The thing is that the key worked to download the game so I don't understand why it has to validate the key again when playing.
You don't need to use the key to play the game. Can you explain what exactly's happening that gives you this impression?

Note there are two unrelated types of key being discussed here; one is to tell Steam you have the right to download the game (that's the one in the Paradox email), and one is to register the games on the forums here (which you get from Steam).

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...estions-regarding-the-free-EU3-Chronicles-key!

You don't need to use the key to play the game. Can you explain what exactly's happening that gives you this impression?

Note there are two unrelated types of key being discussed here; one is to tell Steam you have the right to download the game (that's the one in the Paradox email), and one is to register the games on the forums here (which you get from Steam).

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...estions-regarding-the-free-EU3-Chronicles-key!

Hi, when I try to start the game from within Steam (or using the new desktop icon), I get that error I mentioned above. I think Steam checks the key the first time you play the game. After that first time, you can set Steam to start in offline mode and you can play without connecting to Steam. But this is the first time I have tried to play via Steam and it will not allow me to play.

Thanks for replying.

Then I guess you need to contact Steam support in the first instance. FYI paradox support is at paradox.zendesk.com