• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox removed all copy protection on their games, and in return all they ask is that you register to get access to support and MP. If that's too much to ask of you, so be it.

Don't get me wrong, Paradox are one of the two devs that are the reason I still play PC games at all, but the registration process is finickity (and error prone), even for PC gaming. I've probably registered less than a 1/3rd of my Paradox games (I've paid for all of them, and HoI3 three times (boxed, GamersGate and Steam), and once more for someone else! I'm strongly anti-piracy, and strongly support Paradox's excellent work), because I don't go for MP, Steam or GamersGate mean I can find the patches easily enough and so I don't really need to unless there are issues with the games (there weren't issues with 1/3rd of my games, mind - one day I thought I'd have a crack at registering the lot, but gave up after about half an hour of plugging codes in).

In effect, the registration process makes it hard for people who've bought the game to get involved in the community. I don't think registration should be dropped, but surely there's got to be an easier way that doesn't restrict community involvement? Sorry this is a little off-topic - I've also got the COMS problem (I picked up EU3 in a Steam Sale, just before the Summer Sales, and the codes were presumably dodge) - but as I run email on a different machine to my gaming, it's a bit painful to register.

We've been told a revamp of the registration page will come. We don't know when.

Please open a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with this issue. They'll give you your base game registration key. Thanks! :)

The expansions work but not the base game? You have a serial that start with COMS? We are aware of the issue.
Steam has stopped giving out these codes now, but for those of you who bought the game some time ago and now want to register, here is what you can do:
Open a ticket at http://paradox.zendesk.com/
Say that you have a COMS code and include these things:
  1. Your code.
  2. A screenshot from within Steam where we can see the code as well as your account name.
  3. The receipt that Steam e-mailed you.

When we see these things, we will send you a code back. Note that the code will be valid for EU3 Complete, as that is what Steam actually gives you. The httt and dw code they also give you works fine.

We've been told a revamp of the registration page will come. We don't know when.

Great news :). I've only been back and lurking around the Paradox forums a little while now Safferli, and it's clear to me that you're a first-class moderator - awesome work, and you should know that it's appreciated :D. You've inspired me to try and register a few more games :).

Great news :). I've only been back and lurking around the Paradox forums a little while now Safferli, and it's clear to me that you're a first-class moderator - awesome work, and you should know that it's appreciated :D. You've inspired me to try and register a few more games :).

*blush*

Pardon me, but what's the rough-estimate processing time for a ticket submitted as-per the first post? I submitted a request for my Steam-key on the 30th, but haven't gotten any updates yet.

A potential issue was that I didn't receive any verification e-mail for my Zendesk "account" until just now, when I had to request one to check the status of the ticket. (It is currently unassigned.)

Pardon me, but what's the rough-estimate processing time for a ticket submitted as-per the first post? I submitted a request for my Steam-key on the 30th, but haven't gotten any updates yet.

A potential issue was that I didn't receive any verification e-mail for my Zendesk "account" until just now, when I had to request one to check the status of the ticket. (It is currently unassigned.)

The response times are a bit higher at the moment due to the release of Sword of the Stars II. We should get to you soon though.

The Mac version is written and supported by Virtual Programming, not Paradox, you should be able to get a key from them www.vpltd.com

Hi. Short time lurker & first time poster. I don't know if this is the exact correct thread to post my problem, but let me try. I didn't download EU3 Chronicles from Steam, but rather from Amazon (is on sale with a 60% discount for the next couple of days:D). So, anyway, there is an activation key, but it seems I can only register EU3 Chronicles + EU3. When I try to play a game the only version I am allowed to select (i.e., only the default) is Divine Wind. I thought Chronicles included all the expansions. Plus, the activation key I got from Amazon doesn't work to register DW or any of the other expansions. The "achievement" site is locked "because your game is not registered." So, did I do something wrong?

This is about as wrong a thread as you could have picked. However, in brief, you don't have a problem: Chronicles is a pre-bundled single-installation of EU3 plus all expansions up to DW, which you have. It does not give you the ability to play EU3 without, say, DW.

So you do in fact have all the cumulative features from expansions - look in the localisations folder for instance you'll see data files with names from each expansion - but there is not provided any way of uninstalling just DW so you could play just HttT - when you play DW you ARE playing HttT, with the extra features of DW overlaid onto it.

This is about as wrong a thread as you could have picked. However, in brief, you don't have a problem: ...
Thanks for the quick response AndrewT, even though I chose the incorrect thread. While I've got your attention though, could you look at the 2nd part of my question: I want to have the achievements site activated, but it says my game isn't registered. At the registration site it shows that EU3 + Chronicles have been successfully registered.

Thanks for the quick response AndrewT, even though I chose the incorrect thread. While I've got your attention though, could you look at the 2nd part of my question: I want to have the achievements site activated, but it says my game isn't registered. At the registration site it shows that EU3 + Chronicles have been successfully registered.
You have some achievements racked up already - just click on your user ID here and you can see. So that bit's working. Some folks have had some trouble in-game in this area, read and post in the Tech Support forum if you need more.

Have you tried registering here at My Games at all? You should be able to do it yourself just fine without having to apply to the Paradox Zendesk, the core problem is supposed to have been solved by now.

Hello Andrew, I was gifted EU3 Chronicles via Steam the other day and tried registering the three keys on the site earlier. HttT and DW registered fine, but EU3 didn't.

The key doesn't contain COMS though but starts with E3SM. Should I open a ticket as outlined in the first post anyway? If so, I didn't get a receipt email, but the games obviously show up in my account.