• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings, Paradox Devs!

Got my expansions registered, and I've sent an email with the requested documentation of my faulty COMS key to your eu3code email address. Just letting you know that you've got another key request waiting for you in your inbox.

Got the core game in the summer sale, so my faulty COMS key dates from then. Only ran into issues when I tried to register on the forums recently after snagging the expansions-- found this thread and here I am.

Your help would be appriciated.

Regards,

Erithal.

My code for the base game of EU3 starts with a COMS and whenever i try to put it in it rejects it. Is this the same thing?
i figured out it is the main problem so i sent an email and awaiting a response.

Last edited:
My code for the base game of EU3 starts with a COMS and whenever i try to put it in it rejects it. Is this the same thing?
i figured out it is the main problem so i sent an email and awaiting a response.

Yes, you have the COMS problem. The email should get things going! :)

How long does it take approximately?

Hi guys,

I've sent an E-Mail with two screen shots (code+receipt) to you three days ago. How long does it take to send the new registration code back to me?
Do you reply if you need any more information e.g. a different screen shot?

What is causing this issue anyhow? It has been a while and apparently people still have problems.
Steam are apparently still handing out the bad codes. Paradox can't stop that, it seems.
Hi guys,

I've sent an E-Mail with two screen shots (code+receipt) to you three days ago. How long does it take to send the new registration code back to me?
Do you reply if you need any more information e.g. a different screen shot?
Times seem to vary between a day and a week - note that the service is not manned over the weekend, sorry.
Erm, I accidentally deleted my receipt (i like hitting the clear spam button).

Do I still send the email as usual?
Send whatever you can; a screenshot of your Steam account showing the game would be one idea.

Im having a simmiler problem,only that i have eu 3 complete and it also starts with COMS in the cd key.
Is the fix for choronicles also relevent for complete?
Yes.

Steam told me this was fixed for real now, since last week. If anyone have bought the game after October 8 and still get a COMS code, could you please note that here?

a bit late but thanks for the effort. done with it and registered. Thank you
and i have same stuation Mount and Blade series i know here is not to right place to mention it but no solution.
i have all M&B series but cd keyz not working any advice?

and i have same stuation Mount and Blade series i know here is not to right place to mention it but no solution.
i have all M&B series but cd keyz not working any advice?

Please open a ticket at http://paradox.zendesk.com for any other key-related issues. Thank you :)

Since Steam has fixed this now, and the volume has decreased a lot, further issues can be sent to the regular support, here: http://paradox.zendesk.com/
We will no longer use the eu3code e-mail, we will just forward everything that gets sent there to Zendesk.

First post is now updated as well.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, but seriously. Fix the problem. Quit making your customers jump through hoops to register your games because you can't be bothered to ship programs that don't require massive fixes. I'm not going to waste 10 minutes of my time looking for an e-mail I probably deleted 3 months ago. I bought this game as part of a Steam mega pack. If you really think that your average hacker is going to waste their time to register this game online so they can get support, then you need more help than I can give.

Paradox removed all copy protection on their games, and in return all they ask is that you register to get access to support and MP. If that's too much to ask of you, so be it.
Sorry folks, but seriously. Fix the problem
The problem of Steam handing out bad codes 1/ was entirely caused by Steam and 2/ has already been fixed. So what "problem" you are referring to here, I have no idea.