• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
The expansions work but not the base game? You have a serial that start with COMS? We are aware of the issue.
Steam has stopped giving out these codes now, but for those of you who bought the game some time ago and now want to register, here is what you can do:
Open a ticket at http://paradox.zendesk.com/
Say that you have a COMS code and include these things:
  1. Your code.
  2. A screenshot from within Steam where we can see the code as well as your account name.
  3. The receipt that Steam e-mailed you.

When we see these things, we will send you a code back. Note that the code will be valid for EU3 Complete, as that is what Steam actually gives you. The httt and dw code they also give you works fine.

If your code doesn't start with COMS, please make sure you've selected EU3 Complete from the list of games when registering before you contact support.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you for this statement, thought I was the only one with this problem. ;)

Not a known problem, no. Lots of people have successfully registered DW here. Can you register your HttT here?

Strangely enough, there is no Key for HttT, even more strange, Steam does not remember that know I bought the game. And I could buy it again, this is weird. I know I bought and it I had HttT, as I played the Hansa last year. I think It was some kind of special Steam package were you got EU III Complete + HttT and Rome:Complete + VV in one package.

Could I even play Divine Winds without HttT? I did a clean Steam install of EU III yesterday, and it works like a charm. This is very strange.

Oh, and on this Paradox Connect thingy, Divine Wind is shown under "My Games"

Ya, I bought Chronicles and it only gave me the keys for HTT, DW, and the original game (cant register chronicles or the original game hence this thread) but what about In Nomine where is that at?

Also i can only run Divine wind through steam since it has no options to run the other games.... wtf?

Strangely enough, there is no Key for HttT, even more strange, Steam does not remember that know I bought the game. And I could buy it again, this is weird. I know I bought and it I had HttT, as I played the Hansa last year. I think It was some kind of special Steam package were you got EU III Complete + HttT and Rome:Complete + VV in one package.

Could I even play Divine Winds without HttT? I did a clean Steam install of EU III yesterday, and it works like a charm. This is very strange.

Oh, and on this Paradox Connect thingy, Divine Wind is shown under "My Games"
OK, so you have a situation quite separate from what this thread is about. To answer your question, DW will not work without HttT. But all you need to have registered are the base EU3 game or Complete to access Tech Support (which you have) and DW to access PC/achievements/Metaserver. It's not clear to me if your problem is with the DW key Steam have given you, or the registration page here. You need to either contact Steam to get a new DW key that works, or post in the Forum Help forum here.

Ya, I bought Chronicles and it only gave me the keys for HTT, DW, and the original game (cant register chronicles or the original game hence this thread) but what about In Nomine where is that at?

Also I can only run Divine wind through steam since it has no options to run the other games.... wtf?
Steam's version of Chronicles doesn't give you keys for NA or IN, which doesn't matter as those icons don't give you anything. What they ought to give you is Eu3:Complete+HttT+DW, OR just Chronicles, but for reasons I don't understand they are giving out base EU3+HttT+DW; again this doesn't matter except that the base EU3 keys they're giving out don't work. I'm sure that Kallocain will sort that out with Steam soon.

Oh, good. I just bought Europea Universalis Chronicles as my first Paradox game, but while Heir and Divine Wind would register, the 'base' code (COMS start) wouldn't. :) I hope this can be sorted out soon.

Do I need to register the base game to access the tech support forums? I am having that issue with huge save files, and I registered all expansions but not the base (key starts with COMS). As a result of this bug I can't work around the .. other bug. The game is currently unplayable.

Do I need to register the base game to access the tech support forums? I am having that issue with huge save files, and I registered all expansions but not the base (key starts with COMS). As a result of this bug I can't work around the .. other bug. The game is currently unplayable.

Yes, you need yoru base game registered for access to the tech support forum, sorry :(

Ya, I bought Chronicles and it only gave me the keys for HTT, DW, and the original game (cant register chronicles or the original game hence this thread)
Q: I just bought EU3 Complete/HTTT/DW/Chronicles off Steam but where do I get my CD Key from to put into the forums?

A: When you have the game selected, on the right are a bunch of links, click the CD Key link. A box will pop up with all your CD keys. The Europa Universalis 3 one is for Complete.
So it is not the code for the original game and the two addons but for EU3-Complete, which contains the basic game and the first two addons. Doesn't solve the problem with the EU3-Complete code not functioning of course ...