• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just got EUII Chronicles with STEAM, and after installing DIrectX 9 as asked, when I launch the game (ready to go on Steam, without asking me any ky to enter anywhere -it gives me three keys, with one infamous COMS one), it works (meaning I have access to the DW menu), but once launched a new game, after ONE day, everything freezes. And the game just crashs.

It seems that it has been the same for a lot of people for quite a long time. No answer yet??

Why don't you give people who bought EU3 chronicles a new key so they can get the tech support forum and so they can play on the Meta server just make them prove it with there Steam key. Problem solved since it doesn't look like this issue will be solved anytime soon. Its been almost a month, and I want to play with my friends who recently bought this game

Same problem, COMS key wont work. Really dont see why you cant just open up the patches to ppl with DW and HttT especially when you have a known problem with registration and known bugs that make the game all but impossible to play w/o patches (bloated save games ftl)

All-in-all not impressed with customer service.

I don't have any flags in my game... But I can't get into tech support because of THIS issue. Sort your shit out already, Paradox.

assuming u've bought through steam, just re-verify the product and it'll fix the issue

I don't have any flags in my game... But I can't get into tech support because of THIS issue. Sort your shit out already, Paradox.

Go to your installation directory/gfx/flags and delete/rename flagfiles.dds. It will make it again and it should work.

If your game is freezing after day 1, reverify your game cache and if that doesn't work reinstall the game completely.

Bought the game on steam knowing Paradox's history of releasing buggy games, but they also tend to patch up the problems eventually. I thought the game was old enough now that I wouldn't have any issues, should've checked the forums first I guess. Lesson learn't.

Yesterday bought EU3 Chronicles on Steam. Today successfully registered "Heir to the Throne" & "DW". But can't register EU3. I was found this thread and waiting for problem-solving.
Yet I have one question: where I will have to register EU3 on your forum. I will must to do this in line "EU3", "EU3 Complete", "EU3 In Nomine" or "EU3 Chronicles"?
P.S.: Sorry for bad english =)

Considering EU3 was just part of a wave of sales on Steam, there's probably going to be even more complaints popping up soon.

Paradox? More like Parafail
You're being harsh, bro. This is more a Steam problem than a Paradox problem, since these keys are distributed by Steam and Steam controls what keys go where when you buy the game through Steam and so on. Evidently this isn't a problem with gamersgate and other online distribution sites, which suggests that since the problem is particular to Steam it has more to do with them than it does with Paradox, which hasn't had this problem with the other distribution systems they work with.

I mean, shoot, I'm still anxious to actually register the copy of EU3 Complete I bought with this over steam, I just suspect that the most Paradox can do is yell at the people at Valve until they fix that side of the distribution problem.

I mean, shoot, I'm still anxious to actually register the copy of EU3 Complete I bought with this over steam, I just suspect that the most Paradox can do is yell at the people at Valve until they fix that side of the distribution problem.

From what i gathered, it's more Paradox needs to get a list of codes from Valve and add them to their accepted list. I think it's a case of them selling more than expected