• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Blondie and Angel Eyes? The Return of Django?

Someone enjoys both the Spaghetti Westerns and a wee bit of skinhead reggae.

Last edited:
I suspect your panzer I will not last long. Here is what I suspect the worse thing your fighting will be.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-761-221N-06%2C_Norwegen%2C_Panzer_%22Neubaufahrzeug%22.jpg

Edit: Ok done more digging and this is the worst you'll be facing these. It'll still blow your tanks to scrap metal but if they deploy historical numbers I can easily see you having say 24 to one

Last edited:
Blondie and Angel Eyes? The Return of Django?

Someone enjoys both the Spaghetti Westerns and a wee bit of skinhead reggae.

Blondie, Angel Eyes and Tuco were the three anti-heroes of 'The good, the bad and the ugly', in that order. Django was the anti-hero of a classic Western of the same name. It is difficult to explain them without seeing the movies, but both movies are rather memorable. Search 'Django theme' in youtube for excellent original theme song. I recommend for those who like the genre. I heard that there is some remake coming about Django, but hopefully not.

Obviously most of my division 'names' are simply tributes to movies/games/etc. I'm running out of ideas so if somebody wants to propose a cool name, please do!

I suspect your panzer I will not last long. Here is what I suspect the worse thing your fighting will be.

I completely agree. If my 'tanks' are not reduced to scrap, which they are already, I'll write a book about why they should be.

Nicely written, enjoyable to read =).

Thank you, glad you enjoy.

Loving the AAR! Humorous, but still giving great explanations of what's going on.
It's also pretty funny that the Condor Legion, the bane of your entire army during the Civil War, is now in your possession. The SCW works oddly at times. :p

Loving the AAR! Humorous, but still giving great explanations of what's going on.
It's also pretty funny that the Condor Legion, the bane of your entire army during the Civil War, is now in your possession. The SCW works oddly at times. :p

Thanks you for your kind words. Since Thandaros kindly posted a picture of enemy tanks, I might now post that promised picture of my Renault FT 17s, just for comparison.

Renault_FT17.jpg

Renault FT 17 had 37 mm gun or 7.92 mm machine gun for main weapon, 39 hp engine, top speed of 7km/h and armor of 22mm. So actually it would win Panzer I that was practically made of paper. This poor guy in the photo looks so depressed he must know all this.

Actually I got some more stuff from SCW than just Legion Condor, namely few planes and Italian divisions, but LC was definitely the most satisfactory grab. We'll see soon if it can turn the tide in the service of democracy.

Next update soon.

Not to be outdone I'm going to post more German worst or reasonable case scenario tanks you could be facing.

Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F016202-23A%2C_Russland%2C_Sturmgesch%C3%BCtz_III_vor_Ortschaft.jpg

First up Stug 3. It has up to 80mm of armour and 75mm gun as well as a 7.92mm machine gun. 296hp engine and a top speed 40km/h. I doubt you'll have any of these facing you they are classed as infantry support tanks.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-382-0248-33A%2C_Im_Westen%2C_Panzer_II_und_Panzer_I.jpg

Next up the Panzer 2 the one at the front I think. This has a 20mm gun and 7.92mm machine gun and 35mm of armour. A 138hp engine and a top speed of 40km/h. You mace face some of these if your up against light tanks.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Zschaeckel-208-25%2C_Schlacht_um_Kursk%2C_Panzer_III.jpg

This is a Panzer 3. It has a 37mm gun and 2-3 7.92mm machine guns. With a 296hp engine and again a top speed of 40km/h and up to 30mm of armour. These are what your up against if you face medium tanks.

The tank shown earlier is a Neubaufahrzeug. They were only ever a prototype and what I'm really giving you is a name for the tank rather than a model number for the year which is what the other more likely versions are. It has a 75mm gun and 37mm gun as well as 2 7.92 machine guns and up to 20mm(seems a little thin to me) and up to 300hp engine and move at 25km/h it was scrapped as it was too heavy and slow to be used with Blitzkrieg. But If you face heavy armour call them these,

Chapter 7:"Poor Poland..."

9th September 1939

President Manuel rushed hurriedly through the long corridors of his offices, slammed the door shut behind him and threw his suitcase on his desk with excessive force. Then he smelled the garlic and cheap tobacco and knew the former chief of staff, general Martínez, was also present. President collapsed on his chair angrily, throwing a small book on the table.

'What's that book?' General asked, pipe in his mouth. 'Reading for the plane?'

'It's translation from the diary of that German officer who fought against us in Civil War.' General muttered angrily. 'He complains how his Panzers are useless and our people just can't see the superiority of German people. He was obersturmblitzfuhrer Franz Flakpanzer. What a pity we did not capture him, thought.'

'Well, how was it in London, Boss?' General asked. He had the usual pile of reports on his hands, and the usual air of clumsiness about him.

'Quite terrible, old chap.' President said. 'Those blokes are just bonkers!'

'Wow Boss, you really sound like a Tommy already!' General wondered. 'Was the meeting with Allies leaders that bad?'

'It was a jolly good show, with abundance of drinks and complete lack of intelligence. First thing that caught my eye was that London actually produces more leadership than all of Spain together!'

2011-06-19_00036.jpg

'All Spanish cities produce 2.7 leadeship together so London actually outweighs all of Spain alone! This is intolerable!'

'I did not know we were that smart here in Spain.' General cried. 'Almost as good as London! They sure have a lot of manpower there, by the way.'

'That's just the initial surge from mobilization that happens in HPP.' President waved his hand. 'We managed to discuss two important facts amidst all that drinking and gambling. I haven't seen as much drunkenness since I was a boy scout! First thing was the name of alliance. We tried Grand Alliance but Russians vetoed it. They said it was trademarked to use only in connection to USSR, so we could not use it yet. Finally we settled with the name of Grandiose Alliance, but everybody only speaks of "the Alliance".'

'That was some really tough diplomacy the Reds are doing.' General reflected. 'Anything about the war?'

'Yes, something.' President searched his pockets for something. Finally he pulled out a crumbled paper that obviously been sheltering a ham sandwich not long time ago. 'Here is our Top Secret general defensive plan against the Jerry. Allies though they are trying the same as 'last time', that is, attacking through the Belgium. So we agreed on defensive measures. Have a look.'

2011-06-24_00030.jpg

'So here are the large rivers of Belgium and Holland. We only need to sit behind them and shoot, and river will take care of the rest. Simple plan, is it not? As you can see these natural barriers nicely add to Maginot Line.'

'Sure Boss, but there is a gap in the middle!'

'That's Luxemburg, but it's a neutral country so we need not to be worried about it.'

As general was still pondering this curious logic President continued. 'And, in unlikely event that Mussolini would be crazy enough to enter war against us, here is our plan against Italy. They would probably try to capture North Africa since France has no forces there at all, and UK has only marginal presence. However, we can only carry out limited naval operation since Italian navy is so powerful. Here is the plan.'

2011-06-24_00031.jpg

'Uh...' General muttered. 'Won't Italians sink our boats if we try to make a landing in Sardinia?'

'Not at all, old chap. Those jolly gentlemen in Royal Nave promised naval support, and that will keep Italians away! They said "We'll see" which in English means that they will aid us. Nonetheless, our first priority must be to defend Spain against Italian aggression, and without the naval bases in Sardinia that objective would be secured. Our marines...'

'Sorry to bother Boss, but we don't have any marines yet. They are not even in the que.' General tried to interrupt,

'...our marines secure the port and that will send Mussolini packing. In the north there is nothing to worry about. French and Brits can handle Germans. Let us not forget that France is a very powerful country.'

'But Boss, this is not Europe Universalis! In HoI France is pitifully weak! And they research some really useless stuff all the time!'

President smashed his fist on the table. 'No more about that! Now, what is the report from the frontlines?'

'Well Boss, we have established ourselves around Belgian border and Maginot Line. You should see that thing! I don't know how French could afford to build all that, but it's really amazing. Unfortunately I'm not impressed by our French allies.'

Maginotcutaway--NYTimaginary-2.jpg

'Explain.' President said shortly.

'Well Boss, here is something I saw few days ago. French 4th division simply left the line, leaving a big gap undefended before another had moved in. Germans nearly captured Mulhouse without firing a shot! This happened before we were even near, and we had to persuade the French about their mistake. They plugged it in time, but it was too close for comfort. We suspect this is because some of the divisions are commanded by Paris HQ, some by Marseilles HQ. Also not that their relative combat strengths are rather low, only 4-4.'

'Blimey this stupid AI!' President cried. 'Why Germans never fail that badly?'

2011-06-19_00061.jpg

'Also the condition of French army is woeful.' General continued, flipping through his report. 'They have no radios, no medical services, no officer training. Their infantry weapons and tactics are same as in January 1936. On positive side, they have researched pretty impressive artillery. My guess is that they plan to hide behind our infantry with their big guns and let us do the dying.'

'Fair enough.' President said grimly. 'If that is how we win the war so be it.' He took a fistful of aspirin before he asked the fatal question. 'What are the news from Poland?'

'Gone from bad to worse!' General said cheerfully. 'Since they are with Allies now we have access to all intelligence. I must say it has been quite desperate lately. Have a look at latest reports.'

2011-06-24_00009.jpg

'Good golly! Are they even fighting?' President cried with disgust.

'I'm sure they try, but we suspect that their infantry weapons are all level one. Those muskets could not stop a taxi. Note that their relative combat strength is only 2-2, while ours is 5-6. We must act immediately if we are to save Poland!'

'There will be no action.' President muttered gloomily. 'Frogs and Tommies are determined to hide behind the Line and let Poles survive as well as they can. It's a nasty policy, but I have little to say about it.'

'I have to confess that it's probably the only option available.' General said with a shrug. 'Our troops are still half-mobilized and their weapons are still not up to date. It will take weeks and months before we could fight properly. Without rest of the Allies there is little we can do. Anyway, Poland is probably gone already as we speak. That report was some days ago. This came today.'

2011-06-24_00011.jpg

'Blimey!' President cried. 'They left six divisions surrounded? That is criminal, or stupid, or both!'

'It's AI.' General said laconically. 'On positive side now we have rather good impression about German numbers. We counted some 50 divisions attacking Poland and some 30 at Maginot Line. If we consider them to have at least some 40% divisions still inside the Reich, they could have as much as 120-140 divisions and certainly producing more. Currently we have 21.'

President massaged his aching forehead. 'Is that all?'

'No Boss! Have an another look at the report and tell me what you see that is surprising. Or rather, what you don't see that is surprising.'

'This is no time for philosophy.' President frowned. 'What is it?'

'Look well, and you'll notice the complete absence of armored units we heard so much about. We have thus far seen some 80 infantry divisions, of which some 20% appear to be motorized, but no armors!'

'True!' President cried, suddenly more optimistic. 'Even we seem to have more armored units that they! If their infantry weapons are not that good, we might still win!'

'Well, there will be damn many of those infantry divisions.' General reminded him. 'And they probably have as good weapons as we do. About that, by the way. Now that we are in war we should train some officers. Our current ratio is only 44% and falling fast.'

'I hate army officers!' President shouted. 'They waste our precious leadership!'

'Gee, thanks a lot Boss.' General muttered. 'Anyway, we'll have to cancel all but the most vital projects, as painful as it might seem. We'll continue to develop those nasty new Subfusil Star SMGs that show such a great promise. Also the funding for infantry training must proceed.'

STARZ70.gif

'Oh bother.' President muttered. 'I hate those rules, and I'm not even sure what officer ratio does in this game. But I guess our army was bit neglected for three years.'

'Oh, we could also now continue with that Order of Battle we started in last post.' General said, making vague gestures with his pipe. 'We still have air forces to go, and they might prove important. We already had our first air combats, you know?'

2011-06-24_00018.jpg
2011-06-24_00026.jpg

In few early clashes French-Spanish coalition fought off weak Luftwaffe squadrons, since most of their planes were in Poland.

airwar2b-26.jpg

'Anyway, so we have two squadrons of bombers and fighters, all which have two wings of planes. In total this would be some 800 planes. Not much, but not bad for developing country either. Here is one of our bomber squadrons, the one we captured during the Civil War. I'm sure the Germans will be confused to shoot their own planes!'

2011-06-24_00015.jpg

'Do they also have stupid nicknames?' President asked.

'Of course, Boss!' Our bomber squadrons are great enthusiasts of 'American' lifestyle so they are called Popcorn and Weetabix. Here is our fighter squadron.'

2011-06-24_00016.jpg

'Impressive antique.' President commented sourly. 'Is this the best we have?'

'Afraid so, Boss. Our planes are mostly old Polikarpovs or "Popos." Our pilots had an amusing song about their job, which goes like...' He begun to sing with broken falsetto.

"Oh, I'd rather be a hobo than flying a Popo. My hand around the bottle and not around that goddamn throttle..."​

'Thanks you very much!' President interrupted. 'And they too have stupid nicknames?'

'Sure Boss! Our two squadrons are 'Flying Circus' and 'Porco Rosso'. They have high morale despite all this, since they know their job is always preferable to that of an infantryman.'

'Hmm... I must have heard that later name somewhere.' President reflected. 'I see our Air Forces were relocated in Southern England. What about the navy?'

'Well Boss, there is not much to say, and Navy will not be important until Italy joins in. But here they are, currently in Dover. No nicknames, though.'

2011-06-24_00032.jpg

2011-06-24_00033.jpg

'Not very impressive, I must admit.' President said. 'We could engage in some limited naval operations but nothing too ambitious. They could assist land battles with their guns but not much more. Hopefully Germans have even less that us. But now let us get back to work, and keep a sharp eye on Eastern situation.' With a smart salute general left.

But President's tranquility did not last long. Only few days later general Martínez rushed into President's office with telegram in his hand.

'The soviets have crossed to border into Poland!' He cried, waving the telegram in his hand.

2011-06-24_00012.jpg

germany-invades-poland-cartoon-herbblock.jpg

'I knew it!' President shouted triumphantly. 'Good old Stalin came to save us after all! Now Hitler is doomed!'

'Uh....Boss.' General begun, little confused. 'If that is how you feel, you perhaps do not want to see this photo our spies just carried in. Here German general Guderian is posing with his Soviet allies...' President grabbed the photo, his eyes bulging with terror.

battle_poland11.jpg

'Poor Poland.' President reflected. 'So far away from God, so close to USSR.'

'Sorry to say, Boss, but it seems that good old Stalin sold us along his principles and made a deal with Germans. Now they are carving up Poland between themselves. We suspect that if this is true, then also Baltic states and Finland have been sold to Soviets secretly.'

'And now Hitler can send his main force against us!' President said weakly.

'Not quite. I don't think he trusts Papa Stalin further than he can throw him, but this cleans his table awfully well. Poland will fall in few days now and then... Are you okay, Boss?'

'Of course.' President replied. 'Why should I not be? We'll teach those Fascists the meaning of courage, freedom and superior firepower!'

'Sure thing, Boss! Next stop will be that bothersome Phoney War, and we can really use our planes. Finally we are getting some action!' With another salute general left.

After general had left, President sat silently for few minutes. Then, carefully making sure that he was alone, he opened his desk and took out a small picture that was usually hidden. In picture there was good old comrade Stalin, working on his desk as resolutely as always. The very picture of trustworthiness, kindness, and promise of better future.

President Manuel wiped away a tear from the corner of his eye.

'Why did you do it, comrade...'

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R80329_Josef_Stalin.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry yet. Once the Germans break through the Allies lines then you'll have plenty of time to have a heart attack.

My compliments to Spanish Military Intelligence! You've caught the French AI doing what I have long suspected - moving a garrison out of a Maginot Line province before its replacement arrives... :wacko:

Oh, and a simple experiment should help your President. Send one Spanish division against one German division - he will soon understand "officer ratio"! :D

Thanks for replies all you nice people!

that was a jolly romp through disaster ... so the Brits are bonkers, French incompetent, Soviets dishonest ... my what a set of wonderful allies you have

So true, and I think I enjoy the striking historical plausibility of this game. I could add Spain as 'poor' to that list. What a pity Germany suffers no disadvantages from all the corruption and inefficiency of Nazi regime.

Don't worry yet. Once the Germans break through the Allies lines then you'll have plenty of time to have a heart attack.

Let's hope that does not happen too fast!

What caught my eye in London wasnt the LS but the MP 0.0'

That's probably the rebel%, they have 5957 manpower in London. :p

That's a lot of riflemen, by the way.

My compliments to Spanish Military Intelligence! You've caught the French AI doing what I have long suspected - moving a garrison out of a Maginot Line province before its replacement arrives... :wacko:

Oh, and a simple experiment should help your President. Send one Spanish division against one German division - he will soon understand "officer ratio"! :D

The French are so defeatist I suspect somebody is doing this on purpose! To be honest I had to switch to France for few hours to fill that gap so that war would not be lost before it even begun. It was just too much to be tolerated.

President Manuel is a good man, but these modern rules are too much for him. Also I suspect he is starting to crack under all this pressure. Still, I hope I can regenerate my officers during the Phoney War.

Very nice AAR! Written with a lot of humor too!
Will surely be following this one, and good luck once the Germans decide to attack the Western Allies in strenght.

Thanks, I'm going to need it!

Blondie, Angel Eyes and Tuco were the three anti-heroes of 'The good, the bad and the ugly', in that order. Django was the anti-hero of a classic Western of the same name. It is difficult to explain them without seeing the movies, but both movies are rather memorable. Search 'Django theme' in youtube for excellent original theme song. I recommend for those who like the genre. I heard that there is some remake coming about Django, but hopefully not.

Obviously most of my division 'names' are simply tributes to movies/games/etc. I'm running out of ideas so if somebody wants to propose a cool name, please do!

I've got a Spaghetti Western box set and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has to be one of my favorite films of all time. Most of them were filmed in Spain were they not? Never heard of the film Django but there's a song by the Upsettelers called the Return of Django which is a classic 80s reggae song.

I approve very much of your naming scheme good sir, I hope you smash the fascist beasts.

Chapter 8: The Phoney war

1131483148_Soldat_franais_fleur.jpg

November 1939

Historical note: Phoney War was very long period when no major land operations were carried by either major side of the European conflict, though battles raged on sea and air. It is knows as der Sitzkrieg (the sitting war) in German, and lasted approximately some eight months, from September 1939 to May 1940. Winter was one reason for absence of action, the relocation of German forces from Poland was another. Also important reason for inactivity was that Hitler really had no clue what to do next, since he was certain to lose a slow war of attrition. Since not much happens during this period I'll just get it over with.

The Poland finally capitulated in early August, sending the usual shock waves around Europe. The battle for Poland had lasted barely a month, with some surprising aid from the Soviets. (who never bothered to cross the border) However, Germany kept her part of the bargain with Stalin and Poland was happily occupied by two totalitarian powers. President Azaña commented in press conference; 'they could have lasted a little bit longer, just for our convenience!'

2011-06-25_00001.jpg

His convenience was not accommodated by the two dictators, as only few days later USSR demanded concessions from the three Baltic states; Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia. Despite the fact that the three had defensive alliance Lithuania and Latvia saw no other option but to become Soviet satellites. Estonia, however, was made of stronger stuff and refused. In heroic spectacle that shocked the world, tiny Estonia begun to fight the Soviet Giant, and the two other Baltic states at same time. Surprisingly enough, Soviets seemed to be in trouble. Even on 6th of November, three weeks after the war begun, Estonia was still fighting back.

2011-06-25_00008.jpg

The reason for Soviet impotence perhaps could be found from the East. Almost simultaneously Japan had attacked Mongolia, Soviet satellite, plunging the two powers again into excessive border conflict. Unlike earlier conflicts, this one refused to cool down. Once again, it seemed that Soviets were losing more than they were gaining.l Spanish intelligence services were flabbergasted by helpless performance of the Red Army, and so were Spanish military officers.

'Goddamnit, has he purged all of his soldiers as well as his officers?' General Martínez wondered.

2011-06-25_00006.jpg

Not much happened to Spanish Army (NRA) during these otherwise exiting months. Main part of the army had arrived to Maginot Line to carry our OPERATION CINDARELLA, the defence of France, and in case Germany attacked them, Belgium and Netherlands. (Luxemburg was included just for laughs) New divisions were continuously formed and old ones refitted with modern weapons, but otherwise life was alluringly tranquil. Spanish soldiers mainly assisted French farmers with their work or read cheap novels. Only thing worth mentioning was that since French troops had proven highly unreliable, Spanish garrison units were deployed along Maginot Line for "assistance." Actually they were holding the line should the French run away again.

However, Spanish Air Forces had a rare opportunity to shine. Spanish-French coalition had been bombing Germany for weeks , but it seemed that now Luftwaffe would be back in force as Poland had been dealt with. However, no major German air presence was detected. Spanish bombers continued to bomb German land forces near Maginot Line as fighters strafed ground targets. Soon somebody noticed that main German airports were actually rather close to the border, and could be reached by bombers. With typical Spanish bravado fight was taken over German airfields.

air_ms406_2.jpg

French planes gave vital assistance for Spanish pilots.

Though Spanish planes were antique and their 1000kg bombs were inadequate for the job, after weeks of solid bombing the airfield of Bitburg was reduced to rubble. Emboldened by their success, Spanish planes tried to bomb the airfields of Frankfurt. These turned out to be much more difficult targets, and soon Spanish pilots retreated to England for some R&R, bloodied but proud.

2011-06-25_00007.jpg

Unfortunately, after they returned after few weeks the airfields were almost completely repaired. Spanish bombers mounted another raid, the fields were repaired again, and this went on for next five months.

2011-06-25_00009.jpg

Still, Spain at least pretended to do something important and dozens of German planes were actually shot down (or their pilots died from laughter, as Frenc claim) during the fierce dogfights, usually assisted by French planes whose aid proved invaluable. Also valuable experience was gained for pilots and commanders alike.

Game note: This patchy combat went on during the whole Phoney War episode, achieving very little.​

These examples serve only to underline the general aspect of the war, as infantrymen below were busily fighting boredom and snoozines. The usual routine was that Spanish planes reorganized in Dover, then fought for few weeks around Luxemburg before retreating back to England. After reasonable rest same operations were repeated. If great victories were not abundant, also losses remained light.

Next new, terrible if expected came as late as in 9th of December. Estonia had finally capitulated after incredibly heroic and utterly futile resistance. But her example inspired the world. Unfortunately Soviets were not very forgiving and annexed all of the country. Estonia was no more.

2011-06-25_00043.jpg

'Stalin is going too far!' President Manuel fumed. 'I'm not sending him Christmas card this year!'

Game note: It seems that the stubborn resistance of Estonia frightened Moscow to such degree that they had neither will or time to invade Finland. Winter War did not happen.​

But more happily first four British divisions landed in 7th of December, lead by Field-Marshall Slim. (Who should be in Burma. Maybe he lost his way?) He was said to be the rising star of British Army, so at least he was in right place. But four divisions were way too little to make any real difference, and France was complaining that UK was not pulling her weight in the Alliance. British officers always answered the same way;

'You've got Spain. What else do you need?'

French thought this was only a lousy excuse, which it of course was.

xxx.jpg

Sometimes memorable battles developed in the air. During mid-December lone German wing 'Udet' got confident or stupid or both, and followed Spanish bombers to France, only to be assaulted by no less than 7 Spanish and French wings. A fierce battle developed as German pilot refused to flee, but sheer numbers of Allies were crushing. Soon Germans were forced to retreat with almost 50% casualties in planes and men. Allied war cry during this battle was 'Merry Christmas!'

2011-06-25_00050.jpg

2011-06-25_00051.jpg

air_he111_7.jpg

Inside Spanish bomber during one of the many sorties in December 1939.

Christmas and new year were celebrated frugally that year all around Europe, but there was still time and resources for good old celebration. French civilians proved very hospitable for their 'brave Allies.' Actually, it seemed that they trusted English and Spanish forces more than their own. What clever civilians!

In 3th of February general Martínez rushed into Presidents office, again waving an important looking report. He was in such a hurry that he had forgotten his pipe.

'Great news Boss! Our industry finally hit 100 IC! Incredible!'

2011-06-25_00071.jpg

'Oh great.' Replied the President without enthusiasm. 'Can I now have a new car? Army confiscated my previous one. Actually, I think you are using it right now.'

'Never mind that, Boss. Now we can enact new education laws! We can send all our money to our educational organization Liegue of Intelligence and Education of Spain (LIES) and receive enormous bonus on leadership!'

'Finally!' President cried, immediately energized. 'I had drafted those laws three years ago but I could not sign them until our IC reached 100! Only 50 more and we can enact the best laws available!'

2011-06-25_00072.jpg

'That's never going to happen.' General said. 'Our resources cannot even handle the demands of our 100 IC, how could they ever manage 150?'

'Unimportant.' President said. 'We can enact those laws even if our factories did not produce anything, the factories simply need to exist.'

'That seems incredibly silly!' General muttered, scratching his head.

'That's why I'm the President and you are just a general.' President said smugly.

However, those new LS points were invested into officers and not research. Also the situation in Far East continued to sink. Soviets were losing badly, and Japanese Empire was conquering great deals of frozen tundra.

2011-06-25_00077.jpg

But in 26th of February were the General Elections of Spain. Even if government had not remembered the whole bloody thing, President Azaña was voted to continue by crushing majority. Rather interestingly he was now both the President and the Prime Minister of Spain. Luckily that previous, and useless, PM was finally gone. President rolled his sleeves and contributed +5% to Spanish IC, further reducing resource stockpiles. Somehow people did not seem to mind that he had just launched to country into highly hazardous war. It was obvious that steady supply of Coca-Cola had created this favorable atmosphere.

2011-06-25_00080.jpg

The end of the Phoney War loomed in 1th of April 1940 as British naval staff had decided to lauch Operation Wilfred, trying to disturb the flow of resources from Sweden to Germany. As Spanish Operational Command received the news that this might provoke Germany to assault Scandinavian countries, it was immediately decided that this was excellent opportunity to launch a major campaign against Fascists. There were many good reasons for this.

1.Scandinavian countries are said to be heavens of social equality and fairness. They must be defended.
2.They have very beautiful nature. They must be defended.
3.We heard that all Scandinavian girls are blonde. OMG! SCANDINAVIA MUST BE DEFENDED!​

2011-06-25_00083.jpg

Our British allies thought that our plan was "insane" and "suicidal" and refused to send any Naval support. But since Germany was rather impotent naval power, Spanish Navy was confident that their resources were sufficient to send an expeditionary force to Denmark. Our Naval transports could carry 4 divisions, some 60000 men, with their equipment. Quickly the plan was hammered out in Madrid. Soon OPERATION SNOW WHITE was completed. In case of German aggression four best Spanish divisions would be sent to Copenhagen to hold the line of Democracy and take lots of photos.

Denmark0.jpg

Operational plan for SNOW WHITE.

On 3th of April, 2000 hours, Germany declared war on Denmark. Phoney War was over.

Go and save the blondes! Oh, I ment the danish people. (I suspect that you're troops might be a bit overwhelmed by those blondes... darn, I mean those Danes, and therefore might perform a bit worse than usual).

I suspect Stalin chose not to attack Finland because he was afraid of Japan... I am also concerned about what's happening in the Far East. Japan has defeated China IIRC and can throw its full force against the Soviets - so you are going to have a really big war in the east and that will make the USSR vulnerable in the west... I hope you manage to hold France! :eek:

Good luck with your Danish operation! In fact, if you are lucky, Denmark will surrender before you arrive. :)

Go and save the blondes! Oh, I ment the danish people. (I suspect that you're troops might be a bit overwhelmed by those blondes... darn, I mean those Danes, and therefore might perform a bit worse than usual).

I hope I'll get at least some +5% morale bonus for my troops! Also my brave Spanish soldiers can witness the miracle of snow, probably first time in their lives. Oh wait, there are mountains in Spain. Maybe not.

I suspect Stalin chose not to attack Finland because he was afraid of Japan... I am also concerned about what's happening in the Far East. Japan has defeated China IIRC and can throw its full force against the Soviets - so you are going to have a really big war in the east and that will make the USSR vulnerable in the west... I hope you manage to hold France! :eek:

Good luck with your Danish operation! In fact, if you are lucky, Denmark will surrender before you arrive. :)

USSR performance has truly not been impressive so far since it took them over two months to wrap up Estonia while Germany knocked Poland out in mere three weeks. I'm getting little worried about the possibility that Stalin has purged all his scientists and his soldiers are defending the Motherland with spears. I hope Stalin gets his show together or he's not going to last long against Germany.

Yes, there are some rumors that Denmark would fold in mere few hours. However, great many things can happen in few hours. I hope I can save all Scandinavians from Fascists though.

Also my brave Spanish soldiers can witness the miracle of snow, probably first time in their lives. Oh wait, there are mountains in Spain. Maybe not.

I'm getting little worried about the possibility that Stalin has purged all his scientists and his soldiers are defending the Motherland with spears.

Some of them my see snow for the first time. If their recent joiners who come from Spanish Africa or the Canary Islands

Russian spear men
images

(Best I could find of Russian spear men. According to the caption he's Armenian which is part of Russia)

verses

Tiger tanks
tiger-tank-23.jpg

My money is one the tiger that 88mm gun will make a mess of any group of spear men add on to that those two MG 34s and those spear men will be dead in no time.