Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

Quote Originally Posted by montgomeryjlion View Post
    The colonize decisions only work in colonies.
    Plus hopefully the devs will fix that bug.
    If you want railways in your home country, need to build them.
    Right, playing as GB it's not a problem at home. Thanks for the clarification!
    "Insanity is my only means of relaxation"

First Lieutenant Balota Grigore's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why do generals deactivate !?

I sometimes have to take my general out so i can put my army in offensive pose .. can any one explain that .. i have supply , and also i keep putting my army/units on offensive pose and they keep changing to passive/defensive on their own .. i'm trying to win military possession but the Irregulars Cherokee won't give up the fight easily .. i put them on offensive and the go defensive next turn .. it's annoying to always check them .. also should i keep them inside a fort or outside ?

also do i need to have 100% military control or is 51% enough to move on to the next province !? i mean should i aim to make 100% military control ?

Generals do a check every turn based on their strategic rating (The first number in their ratings) based on a d6. A very low score means that they won't activate very often. A score of 3 means each turn they have a 50% chance. This can also be modified by other special attributes.
    War Score: 51% is theoretically enough but I'd give yourself a bit more cushion just in case a war band sneaks in behind you.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thank you i understand about the generals now ..
    Well the last 10% of military control looks hard to get at least with a low score army .. but i understand what you mean thanks i can move on if i have the province secure (no border with the enemy so to speak)

Playing as Russia, i'm allied with Austria. Frequently, rebels take over some of my provinces which i usually can get back without any problems. However, Austria as an ally fought the rebels in two provinces. As they won the batles, the two provinces belong now to them even if i have higher MC. How can i get those provinces back?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by hotfire24 View Post
    Playing as Russia, i'm allied with Austria. Frequently, rebels take over some of my provinces which i usually can get back without any problems. However, Austria as an ally fought the rebels in two provinces. As they won the batles, the two provinces belong now to them even if i have higher MC. How can i get those provinces back?
    That sounds like a serious bug. Post this on the Bug Reporting subforum, under 101f bugs.
    Firm Believer in the Persuasive Power of Collective Violence

Winner of TWO vaunted and extremely rare "curtis Snagglepuss Award for making a classy exit from a thread"

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

any way to release countries like in V2? I'd like to play Hungary, Canada, Australia, or Poland as examples.
    "History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Thanks Montgomery,

It helped, however as you mentioned it earlier, it is true that you can't see if they are on or off, but I found out as I was checking the consequences on the production line. and correct 4 sth Tirol. Nice.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Delegate View Post
    any way to release countries like in V2? I'd like to play Hungary, Canada, Australia, or Poland as examples.
    I dont believe so. In the tech section is a guide to playing minors.

Winner of TWO vaunted and extremely rare "curtis Snagglepuss Award for making a classy exit from a thread"

The legitimate owner of a region should get back the Military control of his allies, since 1.01f.

I believe the question was asked earlier but remained unanswered: how do you keep track where you are, regarding your goals ? Example: when you're assigned the biggest army, where do you know wich rank your currently have ?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

Unanswered because unimplemented right now, we are giving priority to more urgent bug fixing and balancing. But not forgotten...
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

how do you get more building structures??
    I build all the minerals and iron structures and i can't build any more cause i don't have any left .. aa what do i do if i want more mineral and iron i have the resource but i can't build the structure .. !?
    Aaa so ?? what now ??
    playing USA around 1954 ..

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by pifrac View Post
    I believe the question was asked earlier but remained unanswered: how do you keep track where you are, regarding your goals ? Example: when you're assigned the biggest army, where do you know wich rank your currently have ?
    At least for the military and some other rankings: if you point in the F10 screen on the icon besides your capital's name (left, third row), a tooltip will pop up. Of course this doesn't help us if we want to know who is the biggest world producer of cigars or T-shirts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Balota Grigore View Post
    how do you get more building structures??
    I build all the minerals and iron structures and i can't build any more cause i don't have any left .. aa what do i do if i want more mineral and iron i have the resource but i can't build the structure .. !?
    Aaa so ?? what now ??
    playing USA around 1954 ..
    Increases in technology will give more structures. In the meantime, if you need raw materials, you have to trade for them. Keep in mind that increased tech will also give increased size of your factories (which will mean they will need more raw materials).

PON has limits to how much of something you can build-- no more Steel factories from coast to coast

hmm not sure if i agree or not .. i mean this aren't factories , this are mining structures ..

Quote Originally Posted by Balota Grigore View Post
    hmm not sure if i agree or not .. i mean this aren't factories , this are mining structures ..
    Right, but that is how the game is coded. You have a limited number until you release other techs.

how do preserved foods work in the game as i hit a wall as the uk and i can not see a way of getting a round that wall what do i have do to build the numbers of preseved food up its late 1850 in the game and i am stuck i got more frams built up

how do i train diplomats?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by risker34 View Post
    how do i train diplomats?

They are trained automatically.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast