Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

1) Does the AI knows how to upgrade structures? As far as I can tell the AI just builds new factories instead of upgrading the existing ones

2) Will small minor nations like sweden expand their economy (given that they have sufficient ressources to do so) or will they stick with what they got at the beginning?

Sorry guys but I have a very basic question : what do the two downwards arrows on some military forces signify ?

Thx.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Boernes View Post
    1) Does the AI knows how to upgrade structures? As far as I can tell the AI just builds new factories instead of upgrading the existing ones

2) Will small minor nations like sweden expand their economy (given that they have sufficient ressources to do so) or will they stick with what they got at the beginning?
    1) I haven't quite understood if the AI feels it needs better to get all the resources available and then upgrade the structures. Say, if you have 3 coal resources, first make 3 coal mines of the basic level and then upgrade instead of building one mine of higher level.

2) They, at least, should be able to have a fair economy. Much depends though on what other countries do and which objective towns pop up later in the game. For example, if in Finland becomes unstable with rebels and problems with the Russian overlord, perhaps the AI gets Finland as an objective region and when a ruler with high imperialism comes it sparks a war.
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zähringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

@ kharkov ,Those two arrows meant in the last turn resolution, cohesion and supplies went down.Usually arrows appear when moving troops in low supply and hostile regions. Leaving troops in regions without a proper shelter dueing bad weather can cause downward arrows too.

@kongxinga : that makes sense.

This is a great game.

Many thanks !

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles

Syracuse, New York, United States, 109748972377870, Syracuse, New York
    Is there a way to raise the contentment in a specific province?
    Last edited by Captnhowdy320; 23-01-2012 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnhowdy320 View Post
    Is there a way to raise the contentment in a specific province?
    Kind of.
    Make sure the population is employed.
    Send Gendarme if militancy high.
    Otherwise, not much that I know of.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IINaval War: Arctic Circle

It's a lot of information! Do you give attention to each particular item in menu after the turn resolution?

How do you build an anchorage or a coaling station in a colonial region that you do not own? I want to build one in Congo as France but it says "All structures in the region must be owned by your nation"

Need some basic help in modding to fix some probable bugs that the designers have for china. 1 I have researched both muzzle loading rifles and breech loading rifles., but all I can build are still banners from 1840 (no new units with percussion cap muskets but i thought that was intended). It is 1872, and still no changes or upgrades to my ground forces, who are still using smoothbores at best. I know china has better troops, I have seen the graphics in the folder. Heck, its 1972 and Taiping is still not dead (unable to make peace or annex as it is full war, must achieve "total victory" OR by event") every year or so Taiping rebels spring up, but they have generation 2 troops with rifles I suppose, while I am still stuck with banners. Seeing rebels with better guns is depressing when you know it is a bug that prevents you from building that.

On a side note, after researching muzzle loading rifles, my fixed loyalist peasants that came by event when Taiping spawned got upgraded to the 1870-1890 model of peasants, but too bad I cant build these since they are better than a lot of banner troops.

When would I get these newer model chinese troops that even taiping and burma have already? How can I mod out this game killing bug by activating the models? Is AI china unable to get new troops too? Why is that? I really think the devs simply forgot to activate models for china. I cant build war junks or any other fighting ship ever since sail ships of the line, but when I build a naval yard I receive a free and very nice but slow gunboat that I can't build manually. I don't think this was intended (the no building of ships part not the free boats).

What are the conditions for full victory? I have destroyed all taiping territories and visible troops but no option to annex. I also have no diplomats since my emperor has diplomacy 2 so apparently no diplomats.

Taiping heavenly kingdom is still around even after crushing them multiple times, and I would expect them to go away after 1864 or so...
    Last edited by kongxinga; 23-01-2012 at 14:22.

Recruit
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hello everybody. My english is rather bad, so it was hard to me to read the hole theme to find an answer. I have one question - is there a patch, wich makes the game playable? As for me, I can't play with such lags.

Quote Originally Posted by pablodalcantara View Post
    It's a lot of information! Do you give attention to each particular item in menu after the turn resolution?
    No, not particularly.
    You don't need to know all the transactions.
    As long as you're keeping an eye on your economy, doesn't matter who's buying or selling.
    Usually only takes 30 seconds to scroll through.
    Just watch for crisis (In red), casualties, and units moving.
    And contenment advance, about halfway through (Should be .3 plus)
    MJL

Quote Originally Posted by NexusFlexus View Post
    How do you build an anchorage or a coaling station in a colonial region that you do not own? I want to build one in Congo as France but it says "All structures in the region must be owned by your nation"
    You must have Military Control of the area.
    Usually requires going to war with the natives.
    MJL

Quote Originally Posted by chertik18 View Post
    Hello everybody. My english is rather bad, so it was hard to me to read the hole theme to find an answer. I have one question - is there a patch, wich makes the game playable? As for me, I can't play with such lags.
    Latest patch is 1.02
    Still takes 2-3 minutes to run a turn on average.
    My Russian is poor but you can ask in Russian if you like.
    Loved my one visit to Kursk:-)
    MJL

Quote Originally Posted by kongxinga View Post
    Need some basic help in modding to fix some probable bugs that the designers have for china. 1 I have researched both muzzle loading rifles and breech loading rifles., but all I can build are still banners from 1840 (no new units with percussion cap muskets but i thought that was intended). It is 1872, and still no changes or upgrades to my ground forces, who are still using smoothbores at best. I know china has better troops, I have seen the graphics in the folder. Heck, its 1972 and Taiping is still not dead (unable to make peace or annex as it is full war, must achieve "total victory" OR by event") every year or so Taiping rebels spring up, but they have generation 2 troops with rifles I suppose, while I am still stuck with banners. Seeing rebels with better guns is depressing when you know it is a bug that prevents you from building that.

On a side note, after researching muzzle loading rifles, my fixed loyalist peasants that came by event when Taiping spawned got upgraded to the 1870-1890 model of peasants, but too bad I cant build these since they are better than a lot of banner troops.

When would I get these newer model chinese troops that even taiping and burma have already? How can I mod out this game killing bug by activating the models? Is AI china unable to get new troops too? Why is that? I really think the devs simply forgot to activate models for china. I cant build war junks or any other fighting ship ever since sail ships of the line, but when I build a naval yard I receive a free and very nice but slow gunboat that I can't build manually. I don't think this was intended (the no building of ships part not the free boats).

What are the conditions for full victory? I have destroyed all taiping territories and visible troops but no option to annex. I also have no diplomats since my emperor has diplomacy 2 so apparently no diplomats.

Taiping heavenly kingdom is still around even after crushing them multiple times, and I would expect them to go away after 1864 or so...
    Most of these aren't quick questions. You need to register your game and raise them in the modding sub form. Also be aware that as China isn't intended to be played it won't have been set up in that same way.
    PoN Beta

Recruit
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by montgomeryjlion View Post
    Latest patch is 1.02
    Still takes 2-3 minutes to run a turn on average.
    My Russian is poor but you can ask in Russian if you like.
    Loved my one visit to Kursk:-)
    Thanks for your help.
    Will glad to see you in Kursk =))

Does the 'Scorched Earth' ability (lets call it that way -.-) mean the stack will automatically raze any city and/or structures it captures; regardless of size etc?

Erzherzog von Osterreich Habsburg's Avatar

mid-1868 Prussia

Unified Northern Germany, Southern Germany all at 100 relations and 82 or better loyal. If I wanted to follow a diplomatic unification with Southern Germany are there any events? I'm guessing 1871 is first fire date if there is an event.
    Premier of Spain in Rise of Nations II, Vic MP game
    England in Languish Universalis V

It all depends if you want a peaceful unification. The earliest date is 1870/07/01 which is the Ems-Dispatch. If you want unification to happen early, go to war with france, capturing both regions of Alsace-Lorraine will fire the unification. If you dont want a war, you will absorb the southern states in 1872, and unify germany in 1875

Erzherzog von Osterreich Habsburg's Avatar

In my first war! The vile French, for no reason, declared war mid-1870. I think I've owned them so far, however we shall see.

I have a defensive pact with Russia and Austria (as well as the Southern German States.) Did I need to ask them to honour the pact? Not sure they are at war with the warmongering French (i'd kind of prefer they kept out.)
    Premier of Spain in Rise of Nations II, Vic MP game
    England in Languish Universalis V

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast