Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

To 3.) Troops upgrade automatically (with a few exceptions, which are most propably bugs) ... Naval ships dont, you have to build new ones

some ships can be upgraded, but you must set the fleet in passive posture, so that the engine understand this is a voluntary act of your... Because it involves a lot of money and time for them.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Playing as Prussia and I was wondering how do I build forts and anchorage/coaling stations to colonial areas?

Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by PSJK View Post
    Playing as Prussia and I was wondering how do I build forts and anchorage/coaling stations to colonial areas?
    Establish military control of the area.

Which you can only do if you're at war with the native country - you can either declare war, or just wait and see if they start attacking you spontaneously when relations get below 0. However, regions which are controlled by "nobody" can be militarily controlled just by sending a unit there with its stance set to orange.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post

Which you can only do if you're at war with the native country - you can either declare war, or just wait and see if they start attacking you spontaneously when relations get below 0. However, regions which are controlled by "nobody" can be militarily controlled just by sending a unit there with its stance set to orange.
    Ok thanks, gotta try declaring war on them tomorrow.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

How can I improve relationships with other countries without signining treaties? My proposals of signing any kind of treaties are always refused, I suppose its because my relationships with the target countries are not good enough. Even UK or France, with a level of 20, refuse a mutual supply agreement, state visit or comercial agreement. Ive also noticed that the levels with a number of countries go slighty into negative without apparent reason, can it be due to actions taken by them and not me?

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

First of all, take care of your tarif tax percentage. It should not be high, if it is, they think of you as a lousy protectionist and slowly and inexorably they start to hate you. Then try to do commerce with them. Buying and selling seems to improve relationships. State visits usually succeed, unless for some reason you are offending them. I don't know if troops in borders and an aggressive conflicting colonial policy plays a role in that. It takes time.

Mutual agreements usually succeed when the other is similarly strong and expanded so he can have advantage of that. A quick dirty way to gain approval is to give supply to someone you want to gain his favor. After things become better (it can take a couple of years!) you can shoot for more. Ask for big stuff only when you are in friendly territory (25+ relations).
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zhringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Thanks. My tariff is set to zero from the beginning, and havent made any movement of troops; altough Ive started a fort in Luxembourg. About selling / buying, Im not sure. Im buying a lot of staff from US (or at least trying), but our relations have dropped to -1 from 0; its true that they are not usually a buyer of my products.

Anyway, Ill continue watching and trying to guess the mechanics of this part of the game.

Hi i Have a question about CiC, is the CiC the most senior 3star in a theater and is he then automatically appointed? because i have not been able to find a way to appoint my CiC and from there create divisions. Do you have to be at war first to have a CiC, playing as Prussia and have not yet had a war.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post

Why can I colonize certain areas without wars and attacking natives (for example, I have colonized Indochina as France and even get some 50.000 native troops when area became formal colony), while it seems that I can't colonize a single west African region without DOWing natives?
    But then again, being blind substantially opens up ones dating pool

How to you forge a casus belli? I understand how casus belli works but I can't actually make it happen. So lets say I (France) want to forge a CB against Prussia, simply how do I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spricar View Post
    Why can I colonize certain areas without wars and attacking natives (for example, I have colonized Indochina as France and even get some 50.000 native troops when area became formal colony), while it seems that I can't colonize a single west African region without DOWing natives?
    Historically, the natives in Africa are less organized but more belicose.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Quote Originally Posted by NexusFlexus View Post
    How to you forge a casus belli? I understand how casus belli works but I can't actually make it happen. So lets say I (France) want to forge a CB against Prussia, simply how do I do it?
    Go to F9 window, select Prussia. Select Forge Casus Belli. Takes 4 diplomats. Doesn't always work.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Quote Originally Posted by montgomeryjlion View Post
    Go to F9 window, select Prussia. Select Forge Casus Belli. Takes 4 diplomats. Doesn't always work.
    I'm sorry, but there is no Forge Casus Belli option, is it supposed to be under Treaty Avaliable?
    Also, I have to regiments of marines in Saigon which dont seem to get any supplies at all. I built a depot there but its not making things better, any tips?

It should be there, if its not then have a look under your active treaties, maybe you already have a Casus Belli on Prussia. The only other thing would be that you are in an alliance with them

Quote Originally Posted by Boernes View Post
    It should be there, if its not then have a look under your active treaties, maybe you already have a Casus Belli on Prussia. The only other thing would be that you are in an alliance with them
    Or that you leader isn't good enough - you need Imperialism of 5 or higher.
    PoN Beta

Quote Originally Posted by sagji View Post
    Or that you leader isn't good enough - you need Imperialism of 5 or higher.
    Oui! He's only got Imperialism 4, so that means that i can't forge CB's? That sucks, can I still get them through crisis?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

How do you change ownership of a province in China as Russians other than declaring war?
    I'm in 1851 and noticed that one province in Primorie changed ownership to me and another with similar CP, MC and loyalty (Russians prevail the latter two) stays Chinese. Both have the same amount of units, 2 locked border one. Might be that Chinese coaling station prevents the change of ownership.
    Victory, we fight to win!
    Victory, is ours again!
    We are the scourge of the land and sea,
    Beastly pirates are we!

Quote Originally Posted by NexusFlexus View Post
    Oui! He's only got Imperialism 4, so that means that i can't forge CB's? That sucks, can I still get them through crisis?
    Either that way or by certain events. However these start first around 1870

Ok, how about getting supplies to Indochina, what should I do to improve supply distribution? I pulled out one of my regiments and a fleet so that supply consumption would drop.
    And is there some bloody way to decrease the time it takes to finish "loading master file" at each turn? Takes me over 2 min now.
    Last edited by NexusFlexus; 12-01-2012 at 12:15.

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast